33 12
Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 22#22 waterlilybarb's post

I concur, that was an excellent episode. I'm dying to see what, or who is on the freighter, that should be interesting. Also, I was surprised to see, how far Ben goes, in the future. Although, he doesn't seem to have, changed his ways, eh?

I thought the season, was 23 or so episodes. Do you mean, now they'll have time to tape the rest, before the 13 are aired

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 2-14-2008 22:55 ]

Reply 47#47 waterlilybarb's post

Yes indeed this was an emotional episode!!!  I was a bit teared up myself at the end of this one too. Desmond and Penny's reunion was so, overwhelming and realistic.

Yes, I think that it could be Michael on the boat, that has been my thoughts anyway. We haven't seen anyone else, that is off the island, to have the motives to bring Ben down.

As far as Faraday, is he stuck in time, I don't know, I'm not sure how this whole time travel works. I  was thinking that he wrote that, when he met Desmond, just in case he got in the same situation. You make a good point though, ok head really now!!

I am really wishing, this was a full season, there's only three more episodes left and then a BIG cliffhanger.    

Ok, I know this is about a few episodes back, but it's still a lingering question.
I see that some of you are still wondering why Jack doesn't want to see Claire's baby Aaron. Well, I have a theory, it may be the reason and it may not.

Do you all remember why Jack's Dad went down under to begin with? Well if you don't let me refresh you memory, it was to find his long lost daughter, and that long lost daughter, just happened to be Claire. Anyone catching on yet? I thought so....

Yes, I beleive that Jack won't see the baby because Claire was his sister and he couldn't save her, and he is consumed with guilt, or because his father had Claire out of wedlock, while married to his mom. The latter would make sense given Kate's reaction outside the courthouse.

Maybe not these exact reasons, but I think it has something to do with her being his sister. He may not know now, but I believe he finds out either before he leaves the island or shortly after he gets off.

I also, do not think they are all dead, I think that most if all are alive. I think they are lying to protect the others from being found. I do think that Claire dies, I don't think Aaron would be with Kate otherwise.

Also, something bugging me, didn't Des say that if Charlie flipped the switch which led to his death, that he saw BOTH Claire and Aaron on the rescue helicopter? Does that mean that Claire gets on the chopper and is then somehow killed? This is just another one of those things that is bugging me.
Too much confusion, head about to explode->

Any opinions   

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-23-2008 00:58 ]

Hey Losties, glad to see this board can carry on, on it's own. I haven't seen any of the new season, I have been in the hospital, I hope it's as good as I'm expecting it to be. I won't be doing any weekly quizzes, I'm just not up to it at the moment. But I am going to be doing a big Lost challenge, that I will be posting in the next few days. Also. once I've caught up on the shows, I'll be going through the threads to give points to all of you that have posted updates. previews and helpful posts.

Thanks,
Gypsy

Reply 21#21 imarielle626's post

I'm not feeling that well so this will be short for now.....

Wow,wow, wow!! What a great show and season!!

I think that Ben killled Penny (Desmaond GF), he told Widmore that he would, I think that was the promise he was talking about....We'll see.
I'm not sure about the guy on the plane, it seemed like they were just beamed down to the island, in the flash (not a plane crash).  
I too, found the whole, Aaron thing strange, I was thinking that maybe the grandmother, had figured it out, from Jacks visit...that seems a bit to simple though.
Frank LaPidus, I'm wondering if he'll be on the island, since his mates are traveling through time with the Losties. Also, do you think that, Charlotte will come back, now that they are all together?

codebreaker-
I agree, I think that they are back in time, and wonder if they are all there

I have much more to say, about this all the episodes. I'll be back, when I'm not so out of it.

Well, a lot of what I am thinking has already been said. I do wonder about Ben and Widmore. I don't know, why Ben killed Locke, but I think that Ben, maybe the more evil of the two.

This wasn't the best episode, of the season, but still very good and a few surprises. I'm really looking forward to this weeks. To finding out, just where and when, all the Lostie's are!!   

Oooooh! Great episode!! Juliet and Sawyer??? I never would have, figured them as a couple. I guess when there are limited choices, you aren't too picky!! I do wonder what is going to happen, with Juliette, now that Kate is back.
I agree there is a lot of ancient Egypt going on there. It was great to finally see the statue (the back anyway). I'm not sure the Egyptian theme, is the reason for taking Paul's body. I think Richard wanted it, to show The Others, that someone paid for the deaths of their people. I like Richard, I would have asked, if I could go with him. At least they have plenty of food, and homes, with Dharma. We know that they are there before the purge, so if Ben is there (pre purge), will there be two Ben's. I hope not, I can't take the one we have now.

Man, I can't wait till next weeks episode, to see the reunion, and all that comes with it!!!   

WHAAAAT!! No episode, why those good for nuttin tv exac's.

Re: Last weeks episode- I wasn't saying it was a bad episode. I think all the episodes this season have been great. I just thought there would be more, regarding Locke's trip back. Not just he goes to see the 4 once, and then is so broken he tries to hang himself. That isn't John Locke to me.  I did like that he went to see Walt, though again the scene seemed short. I think they should have done Locke's trip, over two episodes. Maybe we'll get more tid=bit's of his trip, through flashbacks (I hope so). I agree, I love the episodes with Desmond, they have done a great job with his character.

Barb, I read that too, about Ben and Locke, being like Jacob and Esau. If you think about it, there are a lot of parallel's between Jacob and Esau, and Ben and Locke.

Yeah, Sawyer and Juliette, do make a cute couple, and I don't want him with Kate. I want Jack with Kate, I just think they are so good together. I've always liked Kate, though this season her character has changed a lot.

I thought the same thing, about the time loop. But my thinking, about what's really going on with Lost, changes from minute to minute. So much so, my head literally starts to .

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-7-2009 22:54 ]

Just a thought regarding the statue. Maybe we haven't seen the front, because it's of the Egyptian God of fertility.....which is portrayed as being pregnant.......

Lost statue...

Notice the ears are the same??

Egyptian Hippo Goddess of Fertility Taweret Statue.....

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-11-2009 20:17 ]

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-12-2009 03:01 ]

Reply 52#52 gabsimom's post

Didn't we see Ben being born, and his mother (who died during childbirth)? I don't remember her clearly, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Amy. I was thinking that the baby, might be Daniel Faraday. All the researchers, that came on the freighter, have some link to the island. Again, this is just a theory. We are meant to be spinning, and the writers of Lost are doing a great job, at keeping us that way.

Reply 54#54 waterlilybarb's post

Hmmm, good point, Kearmy didn't even come to mind, in my thinking. He is the right age, you're right.
That's what made me think it might be this statue, all birth problems and the statue being destroyed. We'll just have to wait and see, oh how I love this show!!!

Reply 57#57 studiojek's post

I had read somewhere, that they had based Daniel Faraday's character on Michael Faraday.

Another intersting fact is, that Michael Faraday's birthday was September 22, the same day Oceanic Flt. 815 crashed on the island.

He is also known for, what is called The Faraday Effect. Which is.....

Faraday's discovery (1845) that an intense magnetic field can rotate the plane of polarized light is known today as the Faraday effect. The phenomenon has been used to elucidate molecular structure and has yielded information about galactic magnetic fields.

Pretty interesting stuff, eh?

Reply 59#59 studiojek's post

That does make you go hmmmm! But, wasn't Locke's mother alive, long after Ben would have been born? She is the one that told him, he was immaculately conceived. Which initiated Locke, to search for his evil father (just as he had planned). Although, there must be some connection, with the two. Why use Emily as names, for both their mothers? With Lost, there seems to be no coincidences.

Okay, now I understand the true meaning of the title "Lost", because I am totally LOST!!     

Wow!!! What a great episode!! So, the Losties, are in two different time zones (to put it mildly). It looks like they have a way back in time, and Christian is leading the way. I just love Christian, I hope we get to see, more of him in future episodes. I wonder where Locke is? Didn't he land in the present time? I wonder what the significance is, that the Losties were separated?  Oh and how is this Kate, Sawyer, Jack, Juliette thing is going to work out?
I loved how Sun, whacked Ben on the ole noggin!! If anyone deserved that, Ben did.  

Well, I just finished watching, I have lot's more to say. I'll be back to write more, after I ponder for a while.

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-18-2009 22:20 ]

Lost Season 6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SPOILER ALERT!!

Hey Losties, the final season arrived. I see some of you have already been chatting it up about what's going to happen in this upcoming final season. I'm confident that it's is going to be a mind blowing finale, to one of TV's most awesome show's ever!

Join us here to discuss this seasons up's and downs, your idea's of what you think will happen, and your opinion's of how you think the writers have wrapped up this epic show.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm both psyched and saddened for this season to start.

Update- There will be no weekly quizzes this season, I will be generously rewarding for participation!

Check out these trailers for a sneak peak into the final season!

THE RETURN OF THE CHARACTERS

SEASON 6 PROMO

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 2-6-2010 01:52 ]

Reply 2#2 studiojek's post

Very true, it would be difficult to keep the mystery of the show going, without it becoming a jumbled mess. I just hope, they make the ending feel natural and not rushed or unfinished.

Yes, I hope we can get it up around this time tomorrow, for those of you who can't watch it tonight.

Barb, I've been watching the whole series from season 1 the past two weeks, I should finish season 5 by the time I've DVR'd the first hour of tonight's premier (perrrfect, so no commercials for me). Talk about missing a lot of stuff....WOW, what a refresher & it's got my appetite ready for more too!!

Hey guys sorry It's taken me so long to see the episode, my daughter has been in the hospital. However, I will not be doing quizzes anyway, I will be rewarding points based on participation.

Okay where to start......
I'm pretty sure that Sayid is now Jacob, it's really the only thing that makes sense to me (we'll see though).

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the captain's voice was done by the original character played by Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman from Heroes).

I guess they couldn't get Maggie Grace (Shannon), to come back for this last season. Maybe we'll see her later, but if she wasn't on the plane I doubt it.

I wonder if they are still on the island because Charlie didn't die? He said he was "supposed" to die, not I wanted to die. It may be nothing, but seemed strange to me. I think it means something, I guess we'll see later on if it means anything.

I wonder why Hurley's luck cjanged, but everyone else was pretty much in the same circumstances? With the exception of Charlie that is.

We now know that it was Jacob that had Sayid put in handcuff's, and brought back to the island. It was one of his bodyguard's, that was the marshal that arrested him.

I wonder if we'll be seeing Christian on the island, since his body didn't make it to LAX?

I wonder if Jacob's nemesis (the black smoke) let Ben live (when Ben went to seek redemption), just so he could kill Jacob.

Paul (Horace's wife Amy's first husband, that was killed by Saywer), was wearing the same style cross that was in guitar case. Just seemed interesting to me.

Finding out who Richard is, that he was a slave on the ship the "Black Rock" was very cool. I wonder if the nemesis, is going to try and negotiate something in exchange for Richard. Since, he walked off carrying him, on his back.

I thought this was an excellent start to this season, and can't wait to see where the parallel time lines takes us. This is definitely something I'm wanting to re-watch, but for now these are my questions and what I noticed.

Maybe Richard was in chains for something else, this just seemed what made sense to me. I do know that there were white Egyptian slaves, in fact Jews were made slaves, but I believe that was long before the Black Rock crashed. I guess we'll see, in future episodes.

Yes, I believe Shannon did move. But Boone said in this episode, that he went there to save her, but she didn't need saving. Implying to me, that she stayed in Australia. I just think that if she were on the plane (even in first class), they would have showed her. They even showed background characters like Niel (Frogurt), and that science teacher (brain freeze on his name). I would love to see her show up, so I hope I'm wrong.

I agree, I'm pretty sure the plane went down. Cindy said when they were captured (bringing Sayid to the temple), that they were on the "first plane" with her. Maybe it's some type of parallel time line, though Daniel said that it was impossible to create another time line. The island is capable of so many things, it doesn't seem like it's far fetched to think it has done this too.

Reply 26#26 waterlilybarb's post

Great article, I assumed that this was some type of parallel time line/universe, but without verification wasn't positive what was happening. I've actually read some publishing's of David Lewis', regarding the alternate realities theory. I had no idea that Lost, was based on his theories about this subject. That was very cool to learn, his work really gets you thinking. I'm glad you posted the link to that article, thank you.  

33 12
Thread