Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

New episode (sorry - too tired to look up the title)

Was anyone else just as unsurprised as I that Widmore is Daniel's father?  I don't know why, but I've had a sneaking suspicion of it, and that he didn't know.  I don't think he'll be dead - though I could be very wrong.  At least we now know he wasn't being reckless with his girlfriend/assistant - he thought she'd be OK since he had tried the experiment on himself first.  Reaffirmed for me that he is one of the good guys...or at least trying to be.  Another character with parental isues though - did we really need another (unless that's going to be the link that ties everything together).

Sawyer looks like he'd really like to hold together what he & Juliet have, but it seems that she's pulling back from it.  Interesting role reversal there.

Eloise showing up at Des' hospital was a bit strange.

Anyhoo - I'm offline until Monday, but I'm interested in what everyone else thought.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 125#125 gabsimom's post

Ooh!  Cool theory.  I haven't had a chance to read any of the sites I usually do re: Lost, so it's nice to hear someone's idea of what could have happened.

Reply 127#127 studiojek's post

I'm not sure, but I thought it was more catastrophic, like them setting off the bomb or something.  Though, it can't be that in particular because it was buried where the hatch is being installed.  Hopefully we'll find out for sure in the couple episodes left this season.

The Incident - [SEASON FINALE]

OOOHH!  Loved it!  We finally got to see Jacob, and we also now know that Locke wasn't really Locke.  

Sawyer & Juliet just about broke my heart, but not as much as having to wait another 8 months or so to find out what happens next.   That's just TOO long.

Not saying too much now, since some of you have to wait for it to be upladed on the site.  Awesome episode though.

Reply 135#135 gabsimom's post

I've been reading the message boards over at ABC (yes, I'm that big of a geek), and what Richard said is, "ILLE QUI NOS OMNES SERVABIT", translated is "He who will protect us all" or "save us all" depending on which thread you read.

As to who was the other guy, do you mean at the beginning of the episode?  I assumed it was the same "person" as had taken over Locke...whom I'm going to say is Smokie.  Loophole that first guy couldn't kill Jacob was overcome by fake Locke getting Ben to do it for him.

Reply 138#138 desertdarlene's post

That's still a puzzler for me.  Many months to mull over countless conspiracy theories.

Reply 140#140 penny3760's post

I'm not sure about that either Penny.  There are arguments both ways, which just makes the wait that much more infuriating.  Why we torture ourselves with these kinds of shows, I'll never know.

Lost: Final Chapter

It's on tonight here.  I just noticed...and am SUPER excited.   It's the same epi that will air Tuesday in the US. I hope my TV guide is right.

Here's the info from the source:

"This all-new special explores the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date - but which current viewers will also find illuminating – in anticipation of the two-hour final season premiere. The special will take a look at the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, the mysteries of the island, its inhabitants, the Oceanic 6, the violent shifts through time on the island and the detonation of the hydrogen bomb. It will also delve into some of the questions that have been answered, and those that still remain a mystery."

Reply 9#9 desertdarlene's post

I averted my eyes Darlene.   I did watch the special tonight though.  It was good - the basic refresher as to what's happened up until now...just enough to whet the appetite for the real season premiere Tuesday night.  I can't believe it's already here. YAY for something to look forward to watching!

Reply 13#13 gypsiegirl66's post

Holy crap!  I'm more confused than ever!  It will definitely need a 2nd viewing, but I have SO MANY QUESTIONS...I was hoping for at least 1 answer.  Have to remember to breathe when watching...I'm out of breath and gobsmacked.

Reply 17#17 desertdarlene's post

I was wondering of Jacob is in Sayid now too.

codebreaker:
Locke isn't Locke anymore, he's Jacob's nemesis - the other guy on the beach with Jacob when they saw the Black Rock, so him being the smoke monster does make sense.  

I have some ideas but have a wicked migraine today (meds are dulling the thump at the moment).  I'll come back & post when I feel better.

edit: LOL I just noticed in your 2nd post that you also referred to him as the nemesis Darlene.   

Reply 25#25 gypsiegirl66's post

For a little clarifiaction, check out this interview with Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof.  They don't give away anything yet they help explain what's happening this season as the show winds down.

Reply 37#37 bala's post

My siblings are all half, and I just call them my brothers & sister.  Most people do the same.

Reply 28#28 gypsiegirl66's post

I didn't get to see previews for next week, but I'm enjoying how it's going so far.  Lots of questions, but I'm convinced there will be a satisfying end to the series and that even if every one of questions isn't answered, I'll understand the big picture of the story.

Re: Sawyer - I don't think it's an either/or with regard to Juliet & Kate.  He was truly in love with Juliet (and I hope they wind up together somehow at the end of this), but that doesn't mean he can't fall for Kate.  If Juliet is staying dead then there's no reason James can't move on with whomever he wants.  It wouldn't mean he loved Juliet any less.  On a personal note, I'd prefer them not to, because I don't think they're as good together as he was with Juliet, but I do think he's a better choice for Kate than Jack.

I'm LOVING Terry O'Quinn this season - though he was always a favourite.  It's cool to see him playing a different character and I'll be interested to see which side he finally ends up on.

When they found one of "Rousseau's" traps, I wondered (once we learned Claire was still around) if she was now setting them, since she was very "wild woman of the Island" when she came out guns ablazing.  I'm looking forward to finding out just what happened to her.

Too tired to think of more, but YAY for the writers giving us what we wanted...continued great story-telling, mystery, intrigue, and a few answers to boot.

Reply 43#43 studiojek's post

Sometimes Daniel (from the lostdiary) is too harsh.  It's WAY to early in the season for any episode to be considered filler and I doubt, with this being the final season, that we'll have any true filler episodes this season.

Reply 47#47 bala's post

We already knew Locke was engaged - though I think in the other timeline she had already left him because of his obsession about his father.  For those who have been paying attention all along, a lot was revealed.  To us it may seem random, but Jacob obviously had a reason for choosing those people - he needed them on the Island, for some reason.  We just haven't been told what that reason is yet.

Reply 49#49 bala's post

Nope.  Katey Sagal has played Helen every time.

Reply 62#62 gypsiegirl66's post

I've watched this week's epi 3 times now (it airs on the Space channel Thursday nights), and have picked up more each time, so I know what you mean.  Even if you watch and pay attention, there is so much going on that it's not possible to pick up on every little clue in one viewing.

I was reading this week's EW article, and one of the theories I found interesting was the idea that Sawyer might be conning Flocke - the ultimate long con, so to speak.  That would be a good twist.  Another thing that struck me while watching (and I've read that some others had the same thought) was that Shephard (on the cave wall) might be Christian rather than Jack.

My biggest query this week is: who's the kid and why was Flocke so surprised Sawyer could see him?  I have a few ideas, but I'll be interested to see if I'm even close.

Reply 65#65 gypsiegirl66's post

I read that too (about Maggie Grace).  I don't know if I read it or saw it on the aftershow Innerspace (on Space channel), but one of the ideas for her was that since her family owns a catering business, maybe she'll show up having something to do with Locke's wedding.  Might be interesting.

Reply 69#69 shinny's post

On the Space channel, the guy on Innerspace had a theory that the kid was Jacob and was telling Flocke that he couldn't kill Sawyer - Sawyer being the "him".  I don't quite buy it, but thought it was interesting.

Thread