Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 117#117 waterlilybarb's post

LOL at swimming and pushing!

Definitely moving it in time would work. Have we ever seen the Orchid before, or has there been any reference to it in the past? Also, I find it very hard to believe that Juliet knew nothing about it when they mentioned it. Something's fishy with that, too.

Reply 120#120 waterlilybarb's post

What's ComicCon - please excuse my Lost ignorance, too much info to remember lol!

Reply 122#122 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks Barb! What nerdy-good fun!!

Reply 140#140 waterlilybarb's post

LOL yep!

WOW is right!

I just watched the finale. First and foremost, how happy were you for Des, despite everything else that was going on? At least somebody's happy, and I am happy that it was Des.

Now, as for all the sadness though...I just was all choked up about Jin, but I also think we don't know with this show. I happen to agree though that Christian showing up to tell him he was 'free' was more about his work being done and letting him die. Jin is a whole 'nothing thing though.

Some things I thought were interesting/questions I have/food for thought I saw spoken about on other websites:

- Desmond's vision of Clare getting into a helicopter with Aaron has yet to take place.
- Ben had a cut on his arm and that Darma jacket on in the episode when he ended up in the desert.
- Where has Hurley been taken to by Sayid?
- When if ever is anyone going to figure out the Penny Widmore/Charles Widmore connection!!??
- How will Walt fit into all this and will we find out what his 'special' power is?
- Seems John sort of took over Ben's job from him, but what does that make Richard then?
- Charlotte wants to find where she was born...Could she be Annie?
- Where is Faraday?
- Are Juliet and Sawyer now a couple because that would just sadden me to no end lol!

Well, food for thought..and we have another couple months to ponder!!

Reply 14#14 desertdarlene's post

A couple of times I've flipped through tv channels and come across and old episode of Lost (or other shows I watch) and it is in fact interesting to go back and see the way characters have changed along the way. Always makes me wonder if the writers start out already knowing everything (or at least the fates) of their characters or if they sort of play as they go along.

I'm not sure what other explanation Charlotte having for "finding her way back" could be unless she's Annie...or if she's not another Other?

Reply 23#23 penny3760's post

Is it true we have to wait until January??

And, really Barb, Jack was supposed to die in the PILOT!?? That's insane, considering he's the central character now!

As for who Charlotte is and who John's teenage son is....wow, that's some good food for thought!

Reply 25#25 waterlilybarb's post

Wow, never knew that, how funny!

I think it was you who also mentioned that Ben wasn't supposed to have such a big role but he was an impressive actor!

Reply 28#28 waterlilybarb's post

Hi Losties! =) I'm finally caught up in all my Lost episodes. This season started off weak I think but is definitely getting better and better - I think The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham was an amazing episode - right up there with The Constant!

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Like everyone else I am torn between Ben or Widmore as the "bad guy," and seeing Ben kill Locke with such passion would normally  have me leaning toward Ben, but truth is I think he knew that the only way to get them all back to the island was if Locke were dead.

2. Ben seemed to know it was "time" to kill Locke as soon as Locke mentioned Eloise Hawking...was this because Ben needed to know that name and got the information he needed, or because once he knew Locke had the name he had to kill him?

3. My theory about what happened with Kate and Aaron is that she was visited once again by Claire who told her to come back to the island but not to bring Aaron. I think maybe she left Aaron with Sawyer's ex (Clementine's mom), I have a feeling they're still in contact and friends.

4. I still haven't forgotten Desmond's prediction way back when of seeing Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter together. Will that one day happen, or did Desmond make that up to get Charlie to do what he had to?

5. So if Locke is alive again on the island, does that mean Christian is also alive? All this time I thought he was a ghost, but maybe he's back to life?

6. RIP Michael Abbadon! I wish he'd gotten a bit more air time before he was killed!

So many questions!! But then again such is the life of a Lostie! =)
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:35

Reply 34#34 waterlilybarb's post

I read somewhere (was it on this thread? I can't remember haha!!) that maybe Ben knew the island wouldn't LET Locke kill himself, so Ben knew he had to be the one to do it. Not sure how Eloise Hawking plays into that though.

True about Abbadon, people never seem to die for very long on this show!

Reply 37#37 waterlilybarb's post

I also thought it was one of the better ones - Like I said I think the season started off weak and is slowly getting stronger.

I agree that the Desmond episodes are some of the best ones, many times the Locke ones are too - I'm a big fan of Locke/Ben scenes as they always seem to be choc full of information and tension. (leading of course to more questions and more tension!!)

I also was shocked by Juliet and Sawyer but they are actually a pretty cute couple - and I was never a big fan of Kate and Sawyer (or Kate and Jack...or Kate in general!). Kate's arrival is sure to shake things up though.

Desertdarlene - that's a good question, if the Losties were somehow "responsible" for the "incident" that they always talk so much about. It's very possible...but then it means their lives are looped, meaning then if they get out of this situation then they are destined to crash again on flight 815 and so forth and so on. Ah, my mind is racing just thinking about it all!!

I think the statue looked like a woman - it had long hair right?

Reply 45#45 waterlilybarb's post

Noooo!! =( I hate that!

Reply 48#48 desertdarlene's post

Someone on the lost diary site said it might have been an Egyptian statue, and actually not man or woman but a cat or other animal - which would have echoed in that symbol found on "Paul"'s body, the necklace that Horace found and got angry about.

Reply 51#51 gypsiegirl66's post

Wow, that absolutely looks like it could be her! From the pictures I looked at of Taweret on Wikipedia, she may also have had 4 toes. And if it got destroyed, that could definitely explain a thing or two about the birthing problems on the island.

I also found something else of interest today, totally by chance at work (I do technical translations for a living): There's something called a "Faradaic current" (named after scientist and mathematician Michael Faraday), which in basic terms is " of or relating to an asymmetric alternating current of electricity produced by an induction coil." Just thought that was interesting...especially the "asymmetric alternating current"...hmm...!
Recent Ratings

Reply 58#58 gypsiegirl66's post

Wow, that just made my head spin LOL! However, all very interesting connections...food for thought!

Just a note on Ben's mother - like Barb said, her name was Emily, the same name as Locke's mother...things that make you go "hmmm??"!!

Reply 60#60 gypsiegirl66's post

LOL!! Indeed! Well, we do know that time has a different way of working on the island, so I'm not sure we really can say if it was two different women or not....but, no, I doubt they would call them both Emily by pure chance!

Hi everyone! I was away and just got all caught up on the last episodes. WOW!

My notes/thoughts:

1. When he takes him, Richard says Ben won't remember what happened, but I noticed that the same people who were on Ben's "List" in the future (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley to a small extent) were the ones who were directly involved in saving him - and Juliet was already there. Did he really forget what happened?

2. I think Locke, Ben and Sun are in present time because they weren't ever supposed to come back to the island. I assume there is going to be a scene in the future when Sun and Jin will see each other again for the first time and it is going to be awesome!!!

3. I really am finding myself liking the Sawyer/Juliet couple.

4. I wonder when Desmond's going to come back and Faraday is going to play a part again.

5. I also agree that Ben's responsible for everything bad that happened on the island.

6. We found on that The Hostiles are led by Charles and Ellie.

Can't wait till next week!! =)
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 great points to ponder. 5-28-2009 18:34

Reply 95#95 waterlilybarb's post

It does seem like the Widmore vs. Ben saga is a continuation of the Hostiles vs. Dharma Initiative war...I am very curious to see what the "event" was to change the entire history of the island.

Reply 97#97 desertdarlene's post

You're right, he wasn't on that original list, he ended up going with Locke and Rousseau, I just remembered.

Thread