Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Incident - [SEASON FINALE]

OOOHH!  Loved it!  We finally got to see Jacob, and we also now know that Locke wasn't really Locke.  

Sawyer & Juliet just about broke my heart, but not as much as having to wait another 8 months or so to find out what happens next.   That's just TOO long.

Not saying too much now, since some of you have to wait for it to be upladed on the site.  Awesome episode though.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Wow so who is that other guy again?
What was the translation of what Richard said in response to the shadow of the statue?

Reply 135#135 gabsimom's post

I've been reading the message boards over at ABC (yes, I'm that big of a geek), and what Richard said is, "ILLE QUI NOS OMNES SERVABIT", translated is "He who will protect us all" or "save us all" depending on which thread you read.

As to who was the other guy, do you mean at the beginning of the episode?  I assumed it was the same "person" as had taken over Locke...whom I'm going to say is Smokie.  Loophole that first guy couldn't kill Jacob was overcome by fake Locke getting Ben to do it for him.

Reply 136#136 waterlilybarb's post

I think that's a great explanation of who the "other guy" was, too.   I was thinking the same thing.  This episode makes me think that Christian was the manifestation of the same guy, too.  But, Christian's body was never found, at least Locke's was.

I wonder what Jacob meant by  "They're coming"?  

And, did Jack's plan work afterall?  I hate that we have to wait so long to find out.  I'd bet that it worked, but not as they expected.  Afterall, they still have another whole season to go, so something didn't work like it was supposed to.

Also, Jacob seemed to have "recruited" everyone, so he must have wanted them on his side.  He also seemed to have brought the Black Rock there, too.

Once again, Lost has more questions than answers.

And, who or what exactly are Jacob and Richard?
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

I got to thinking that maybe Jacob really resurrected Christian like he resurrected John Locke when he was thrown out the window.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 138#138 desertdarlene's post

That's still a puzzler for me.  Many months to mull over countless conspiracy theories.

I am still trying to figure out if Jacob is a good guy or bad guy. That last episode was so good.  I can't wait until the new season starts.
Recent Ratings
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply 140#140 penny3760's post

I'm not sure about that either Penny.  There are arguments both ways, which just makes the wait that much more infuriating.  Why we torture ourselves with these kinds of shows, I'll never know.

Episode 13-17

Wow this season really was good , i have to start with 30 years time gap between the character in the show that was really pushing it, it was like two separate stories which i thought was ambitious of writer to attempt in this show but it worked. i got to be honest this show still has it with mystery you would think after few years you would get bored but this season push your belief to the limit time travel seeing what Darma people were like. Knowing the future and situation character get into,  like Sawyer and Juliet almost happy until Kate turn up but the whole bomb to prevent oceanic flight was a bit amusing i just don't know how it will all turn out. I'm sorry if all of this comment doesn't make sense but there a lot to process first Miles and his father than Locke asking Ben to kill Jacob. So much happen in the last 5 episode.

The fight between jack and Sawyer was great to watch but i feel sorry Sawyer the way Juliet told him she changed his mind almost upset sawyer i can understand it but i feel sorry for that whole situation.

The gun fight on orchid was good but ending Juliet hitting the hydrogen bomb was great clif-hanger.  

Reply 137#137 desertdarlene's post

Ooh, good ideas on The Other Guy, darlene and Barb!

I'm also unhappy that we have to wait so long to get the continuation of the story. I am tending to think, like Miles warned, that Jack/Juliet setting off the bomb was exactly the same continuation of events in history that there always was, not that he changed anything. Which may mean that next season we will start off with Flight 815 once again crashing on the island...only, this time, one or all of them may have some memory of the past and therefore be able to change it. Just a theory though - one that I realize would be difficult to wrap up in the last season!

My continuing questions:

1. I am also curious to find out who the "they" are that are arriving, as Jacob said before dying.

2. And who was living in Jacob's house before they torched it?

3. Who is Ilana and her crew, how does she know Jacob?

4. What do Widmore and Ben have to do with the battle between Jacob and this other guy?

Since wayyy back at the beginning, season 1, when Locke was explaining the game of backgammon to Walt, I always thought a "dark vs light," "good vs. evil" theme was at play. But now I'm not so sure -- because I'm continuously less convinced that it's possible to label any of these characters are purely Evil or Good.

Ahhhh 8 MONTHS!!

p.s did any of you notice that Juliet kept holding her stomach through the last few scenes? Just her acting, or are we to think that she was pregnant?
Recent Ratings

Reply 143#143 studiojek's post

I think Rose and Bernard were living in that little cabin that they torched in the future.  It looks like the same place.  But, I don't know who lived in it the most recently as Rose and Bernard were probably long dead by the time Ilana and friends reached it.
Too legit to quit!

Lost Season 6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

SPOILER ALERT!!

Hey Losties, the final season arrived. I see some of you have already been chatting it up about what's going to happen in this upcoming final season. I'm confident that it's is going to be a mind blowing finale, to one of TV's most awesome show's ever!

Join us here to discuss this seasons up's and downs, your idea's of what you think will happen, and your opinion's of how you think the writers have wrapped up this epic show.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm both psyched and saddened for this season to start.

Update- There will be no weekly quizzes this season, I will be generously rewarding for participation!

Check out these trailers for a sneak peak into the final season!

THE RETURN OF THE CHARACTERS

SEASON 6 PROMO

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 2-6-2010 01:52 ]

So it starts up Feb. 2nd? Can't wait! I'm also bittersweet about it being the last season, but if they were to drag it on too much longer i think it would lose its mystery.

Reply 2#2 studiojek's post

Very true, it would be difficult to keep the mystery of the show going, without it becoming a jumbled mess. I just hope, they make the ending feel natural and not rushed or unfinished.

Reply 3#3 gypsiegirl66's post

I hope so too. Anyway, they promised the ending WOULDN'T be someone waking up and realizing it was all a dream...that would have been a serious letdown!

Reply 4#4 studiojek's post

I have mix feeling,  like you I am glad that this is last season but at the  same time how can they really give this series a decent ending?.

It is imposable to please every fan of this show so in the end there will be some who likes how the seasons ends while they other who think the ending is bad.

The problem with this show is that they have put so many twist that it will be imposable resolve all the story-lines in 1 season.

Reply 5#5 bala's post

Have you seen the first episode the audio is rubbish but interesting in where they go with this story line

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

No i  will wait for the proper episode come out in few days.

Lost: Final Chapter

It's on tonight here.  I just noticed...and am SUPER excited.   It's the same epi that will air Tuesday in the US. I hope my TV guide is right.

Here's the info from the source:

"This all-new special explores the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date - but which current viewers will also find illuminating – in anticipation of the two-hour final season premiere. The special will take a look at the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, the mysteries of the island, its inhabitants, the Oceanic 6, the violent shifts through time on the island and the detonation of the hydrogen bomb. It will also delve into some of the questions that have been answered, and those that still remain a mystery."

I saw a little bit of the first few minutes of Season six on You Tube and have been reading the spoilers on Dark UFO.  I don't know if I should mention this here, but if you want to know a few things about what I found out, read on.  Otherwise, avert your eyes.  

What happens after Juliet sets the bomb off is that it all starts over again with at least Jack, Rose and Charlie being on the plane.  This time, there are some minute things that are different.  I haven't seen much more than that, but I guess it goes into an alternate reality or something.  But, I don't think they replay the entire 100 or so days that happened.  Something does manage to change this time.

Some of you probably already know about all this, though.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 1-31-2010 20:43 ]
Too legit to quit!

Thread