Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 9#9 desertdarlene's post

I averted my eyes Darlene.   I did watch the special tonight though.  It was good - the basic refresher as to what's happened up until now...just enough to whet the appetite for the real season premiere Tuesday night.  I can't believe it's already here. YAY for something to look forward to watching!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

when will lost season 6 episode 1 be HERE to watch?

keep looking HERE on vip for lost s6e1 to appear what time will it be here?  maybe tomorrow?  can't wait!

Reply 11#11 dreedenator's post

You do know it's going 2 episodes it should up by this time tomorrow.

Yes, I hope we can get it up around this time tomorrow, for those of you who can't watch it tonight.

Barb, I've been watching the whole series from season 1 the past two weeks, I should finish season 5 by the time I've DVR'd the first hour of tonight's premier (perrrfect, so no commercials for me). Talk about missing a lot of stuff....WOW, what a refresher & it's got my appetite ready for more too!!

Reply 13#13 gypsiegirl66's post

Holy crap!  I'm more confused than ever!  It will definitely need a 2nd viewing, but I have SO MANY QUESTIONS...I was hoping for at least 1 answer.  Have to remember to breathe when watching...I'm out of breath and gobsmacked.

6x01 LA X (1)

Juliet surviving the detonation of the hydrogen bomb only to die after being recovered was sad but the consequences seem to of set of a parallel universe
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +3 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 21:59

6x02 LA X (2)

Locke being the black smoke don't make sense considering he was grabbed by it in the earlier seasons and what is the importance of Sayid surviving
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +3 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 22:00

I wonder if Jacob is now in Sayid's body, but I can't be sure.  Something strange definitely did happen.

Also, I wonder if this is all the result of an old feud between Anubis and Cerberus.  In Egyptian mythology, they were both often associated with each other and dealt with the underworld.  This is a long stretch of a guess, though.  I would need to know more about how long Jacob and his nemesis have been on the island and what the island is all about.

I didn't expect that they would be showing parallel timelines  at the same time.  I don't like that at all, but hope it all works out.

So, Richard was a slave!  Some, that I've heard, think that he might have been on the Black Rock.  That's an interesting theory.  Or, perhaps he was enslaved a long time before that.  Perhaps he is also someone from Egyptian mythology, or some other kind of mythology from another part of the world.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 22:01
Too legit to quit!

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

There are also questions as it would seem that, in the past, the nemesis was kept captive in the cabin.  Or at least that's what was supposed to be.  But, Smokey had free rein on the island.  Maybe the nemesis had already escaped when the plane crashed.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +3 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 22:01
Too legit to quit!

Reply 17#17 desertdarlene's post

I was wondering of Jacob is in Sayid now too.

codebreaker:
Locke isn't Locke anymore, he's Jacob's nemesis - the other guy on the beach with Jacob when they saw the Black Rock, so him being the smoke monster does make sense.  

I have some ideas but have a wicked migraine today (meds are dulling the thump at the moment).  I'll come back & post when I feel better.

edit: LOL I just noticed in your 2nd post that you also referred to him as the nemesis Darlene.   

Seeing Charlie and Boone again really made me miss them.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +2 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 22:02

LAX

This episode was really interesting seeing them into two different reality. This show consistently give me such a headache. I'm so glad it's over . So i figured Locke wasn't  human but black smoke was a surprise. Sayid waking up i saw coming it would great way to end the episode.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +3 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 22:02

Wow, my head hurts too - and I don't generally have migraines Barb!

Great episodes, in my opinion. The writers are going to have to do a LOT of work to not disappoint people and so far they've started off on the right foot. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. I also think Sayid is now Jacob.

2.  I think that when Juliet was talking about getting coffee with Sawyer, she was 'seeing' into their parallel life, the non-island life, which is how she knows "it worked."

3. Weird how some people on the non-crashing airplane was just a *little* bit different, like a parallel version of themselves. Charlie swallowed the heroine, Hurley was "the luckiest man alive." But not Sawyer or Kate, they were still the same. And Jack, how come his neck was bleeding?

There are so many more notes, but I'm too exhausted to hash them all out right now hehe!
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 22:03

Hey guys sorry It's taken me so long to see the episode, my daughter has been in the hospital. However, I will not be doing quizzes anyway, I will be rewarding points based on participation.

Okay where to start......
I'm pretty sure that Sayid is now Jacob, it's really the only thing that makes sense to me (we'll see though).

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the captain's voice was done by the original character played by Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman from Heroes).

I guess they couldn't get Maggie Grace (Shannon), to come back for this last season. Maybe we'll see her later, but if she wasn't on the plane I doubt it.

I wonder if they are still on the island because Charlie didn't die? He said he was "supposed" to die, not I wanted to die. It may be nothing, but seemed strange to me. I think it means something, I guess we'll see later on if it means anything.

I wonder why Hurley's luck cjanged, but everyone else was pretty much in the same circumstances? With the exception of Charlie that is.

We now know that it was Jacob that had Sayid put in handcuff's, and brought back to the island. It was one of his bodyguard's, that was the marshal that arrested him.

I wonder if we'll be seeing Christian on the island, since his body didn't make it to LAX?

I wonder if Jacob's nemesis (the black smoke) let Ben live (when Ben went to seek redemption), just so he could kill Jacob.

Paul (Horace's wife Amy's first husband, that was killed by Saywer), was wearing the same style cross that was in guitar case. Just seemed interesting to me.

Finding out who Richard is, that he was a slave on the ship the "Black Rock" was very cool. I wonder if the nemesis, is going to try and negotiate something in exchange for Richard. Since, he walked off carrying him, on his back.

I thought this was an excellent start to this season, and can't wait to see where the parallel time lines takes us. This is definitely something I'm wanting to re-watch, but for now these are my questions and what I noticed.

Reply 23#23 gypsiegirl66's post

Oh no, I hope your daughter's ok gyspy =(

I thought that Shannon may not have been in this episode because, if I remember right, she and Boone had had an argument and she went to sit in 1st class?

As for Richard being an Egyptian slave on the Black Rock, I'm pretty sure that during the time period they're talking about, the slaves were all African by that point? Seems to me the writers are generally pretty careful about historical stuff?

So, if Hurley is now a lucky guy, and the plane *didn't* go down, then can we say that the plane really did go down in the first place because he was cursed?
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 For Participating in Lost. Thanks! 2-7-2010 14:36

Maybe Richard was in chains for something else, this just seemed what made sense to me. I do know that there were white Egyptian slaves, in fact Jews were made slaves, but I believe that was long before the Black Rock crashed. I guess we'll see, in future episodes.

Yes, I believe Shannon did move. But Boone said in this episode, that he went there to save her, but she didn't need saving. Implying to me, that she stayed in Australia. I just think that if she were on the plane (even in first class), they would have showed her. They even showed background characters like Niel (Frogurt), and that science teacher (brain freeze on his name). I would love to see her show up, so I hope I'm wrong.

I agree, I'm pretty sure the plane went down. Cindy said when they were captured (bringing Sayid to the temple), that they were on the "first plane" with her. Maybe it's some type of parallel time line, though Daniel said that it was impossible to create another time line. The island is capable of so many things, it doesn't seem like it's far fetched to think it has done this too.

Reply 25#25 gypsiegirl66's post

For a little clarifiaction, check out this interview with Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof.  They don't give away anything yet they help explain what's happening this season as the show winds down.

Reply 26#26 waterlilybarb's post

Great article, I assumed that this was some type of parallel time line/universe, but without verification wasn't positive what was happening. I've actually read some publishing's of David Lewis', regarding the alternate realities theory. I had no idea that Lost, was based on his theories about this subject. That was very cool to learn, his work really gets you thinking. I'm glad you posted the link to that article, thank you.  

Whate Kate Does-

What does she always do? She runs!

A few more questions, and some vague answers.....

Well, I was totally wrong about Sayid, I wonder if Jack will give him the pill. Maybe the poison wont kill him but do something else, like transform him into Jacob (I know that I'm reaching here).

I'm guessing that Rousseau's team was "claimed", when they went into the smoke monster cave, and it was "the darkness" that made them turn on her. Also, do you have to die to be claimed, both Sayid and John died. Although it looks like John, actually became the smoke monster, which a lot of us assume is Jacobs nemesis. If in fact he is, I hope we learn how he became the smoke monster.

And the questions continue.....

Claire- The Asian leader (Togan??), said that she was claimed. So I wonder how that happened. Did she die? Is it something that Christian did? Was he really on Jacobs side or was he "claimed" too?

Also, where did Togan come from? Is he Ben/John's replacement or has he been the leader all along? Maybe it's because this is an alternate/parallel-reality/time line, where Ben & John never become the leader.

I guess Sawyer was really in love with Juliette, if he was going to ask her to marry him. I wonder if he is over Kate for real?

It seems like the second flight of 815er's, have some connection to the first 815er's. There have been several looks toward each other, as if they recognize the other but can't quite figure out from where.

Well, the previews for next weeks episode, looks really good. Maybe we'll get some concrete answers, to a few of the many, many questions.

Reply 28#28 gypsiegirl66's post

Well i think you guys are going a little overboard with this who really cares,  i learnt very early on to actually enjoy ride instead of finding question i look at episode as a whole i see the connection. The whole focus on Claire kind of made it obvious that she would appear at the end of the episode, i am glad jack took the risk and decided to see what that pill was by taking it himself. Having two time-lines does make it fun to watch it's like watch two different shows at once.

i like how  Sawyer reveal to Kate that he didn't want to be alone and him throwing that ring in water was sad we all know somehow she will come back before the end of the season.

This is the last season so i hope they do give some explanation as to what happened and why they are all on island.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +8 For participation in Lost, thanks! 2-10-2010 10:00

Thread