Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 29#29 bala's post

I like the fact that occasionally the alternative life's of the landed plane passenger seem to have that vague look that they remember the other life
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +3 For participation in Lost, thanks! 2-10-2010 10:01

Reply 29#29 bala's post

Personally, it's all the questions, that make this season so important. Discussing them, and finding out other peoples theories, is part of the fun. When you enjoy a show (any show), you want to come here and post your thoughts. For me, trying to figure out the questions, is part of what makes shows like this so interesting. It's like when you read a murder mystery, you're always trying to figure out "who done it".

Jack taking the pill himself to find out what is was made of, was very much like him. He has been protecting his fellow castaways, since day one.

I hope Juliette comes back too, she may return as one of the "claimed". I was thinking last night, that when Jacob said "they're coming", he may have been referring to the people that have been claimed. Then again, Widmore and Ben both have referred to a war coming. Maybe it's between Widmore's men and Ben's followers. No matter what the meaning, it will be interesting to see where this season takes us, regarding this.

Reply 31#31 gypsiegirl66's post

Really think about those questions throughout the 5 season we have watch-where did it get you, more question and yes we all know back story of all the character but we still don't know what bought the plane down.

According to season 5 the plane was taken down by an electronic pulse and because someone forgot press the button the plane went down. Are you saying you are happy with this answer. Seriously !!!!!!!!!!!

I like question as much as the next person but i have come to a conclusion by end of the 3rd season which  is to just enjoy the show and accept anything that can happen will happen, ignore all those nagging question because the answer they provide create more additional question which create complicated situation.  

Why give yourself a head ache

Who are the others ? - does anyone really care- only reason they are on the show is give someone  to hate, they are bad guys-that point of them.
What happen to Locke is he Jacobs ?- who cares locke is back who care who he is, he back and that what matters right
Will Kate and sawyer hook up now Juliet dead- Obviously they will , just to give audience what they want.

I am sorry if you guys think i am missing the whole point of the show but remember it's a tv show and if your spending more than half a day thinking about these question-you really need to take a step back

Firstly, I do enjoy the show very much. I don't have nagging questions (I have questions), nor do I think about the show for half a day, my thoughts came while I was watching the show, and then I came here and posted them. This definitely doesn't give me a headache or frustrate me. Everyone processes things differently, and if this is the way you chose to deal with the show, than that's great. But don't say that we are wrong, for discussing the show the way we want to. Post what you want, and let us post what we want, without insulting us. I have no problem with how you choose to watch & discuss the show, and I don't think your missing the point of the show. Just understand, that how we choose to watch and discuss the show and what we care or don't care about, shouldn't be a problem for you either.

As for the plane coming down because there was an electromagnetic wave (which can take out all of the planes electrical system), makes perfect sense to me.

There is so much mystery surrounding who The Others really are, I highly doubt that they were created, just so the viewers had someone to hate. They may have been the bad guys to the losties, but it seems like they may not be the bad guys in the big picture. Since I've watched this show for 5 seasons, yes I do care.

Locke isn't Locke, and it does make a difference, since it seems he went from being a fairly good guy, to what looks like an evil one, again I care. I love the fact that Terry O'Quinn is back on the show, but his character has changed and I'd like to know how and why it was him that was chosen by the smoke monster/nemesis.

This is all I have to say on this matter, I hope you understand. Thank you.

Reply 33#33 gypsiegirl66's post

Yep i understand -i wasn't having a go at anyone i just saying i find these question frustrating and that's it

Since you like question

Did we ever meet jack's sister-as i don't remember her being mentioned before ?

Reply 35#35 bala's post

I don't know if you know this, but Claire is Jack's sister. That was who he was referring to when he told Jack, that what's that happening to Sayid, is the same thing that happened to his sister..

Reply 36#36 gypsiegirl66's post

Thanks i do remember that but isn't she his half-sister -i thought they were talking someone else-you really have a good memory.

Reply 37#37 bala's post

My siblings are all half, and I just call them my brothers & sister.  Most people do the same.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 38#38 waterlilybarb's post

oh i thought there was difference , who says you can't learn anything new online

Reply 39#39 bala's post

Some people can learn things online but others dont no matter how much they are told.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply 28#28 gypsiegirl66's post

I didn't get to see previews for next week, but I'm enjoying how it's going so far.  Lots of questions, but I'm convinced there will be a satisfying end to the series and that even if every one of questions isn't answered, I'll understand the big picture of the story.

Re: Sawyer - I don't think it's an either/or with regard to Juliet & Kate.  He was truly in love with Juliet (and I hope they wind up together somehow at the end of this), but that doesn't mean he can't fall for Kate.  If Juliet is staying dead then there's no reason James can't move on with whomever he wants.  It wouldn't mean he loved Juliet any less.  On a personal note, I'd prefer them not to, because I don't think they're as good together as he was with Juliet, but I do think he's a better choice for Kate than Jack.

I'm LOVING Terry O'Quinn this season - though he was always a favourite.  It's cool to see him playing a different character and I'll be interested to see which side he finally ends up on.

When they found one of "Rousseau's" traps, I wondered (once we learned Claire was still around) if she was now setting them, since she was very "wild woman of the Island" when she came out guns ablazing.  I'm looking forward to finding out just what happened to her.

Too tired to think of more, but YAY for the writers giving us what we wanted...continued great story-telling, mystery, intrigue, and a few answers to boot.

Reply 41#41 waterlilybarb's post

I didn't think of that, but it makes sense that it was Claire's trap, especially since she was right there to respond to it going off.
I agree, that Sawyer and Juliette make a great couple, I would love to see her return. As far as Sawyer & Kate, it's definitely a possibility that they'll end up together, there is a lot of history there.

I too am looking forward, to seeing what they have planned for Locke. They have made his character so interesting, from day one. I'm so glad he came back to life, the show just wouldn't be the same without him, no matter who he is on the show.

BTW, both my brothers are half, but I refer to them as my brother's. I actually don't think there is anyone I know (other than family), that realize they aren't full blooded.

Reply 41#41 waterlilybarb's post

That thought occurred to me because the guys 'accompanying' Kate and Jin seemed to start to say the traps weren't Rousseau's, but then stopped themselves. Clare has evidently turned into the new Rousseau!

Thelostdiary.com gave this week's episode only a D-, which I thought was a bit harsh. They say that, considering it's the last season, it seemed to be a bit of a 'filler' episode. Sure, it wasn't like "The Constant" or anything, but we did learn some valuable information - or, I should say, got some valuable insight into what *may* be going on - mainly, watching Kate and Clare, that (in my opinion) we are going to see that destiny is destiny and so our fates are sealed, but how we get there is left up to free will. So, for example, I think that Kate will end up with Aaron, but taking a different path without the crash.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Lost participation! 2-18-2010 01:11

Reply 43#43 studiojek's post

Sometimes Daniel (from the lostdiary) is too harsh.  It's WAY to early in the season for any episode to be considered filler and I doubt, with this being the final season, that we'll have any true filler episodes this season.

Reply 44#44 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, he can be harsh. Mainly I love his funny break-down of the episode and sometimes I get insight into new theories. But mainly that site gives me a headache!

6x04 The Substitute

So we now know a little bit more about the LOST Numbers but why the other passengers that are not on the list

4 - Locke
8 - Reyes
15 - Ford
16 - Jarrah
23 - Shephard
42 - Kwon
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +3 Lost participation! 2-18-2010 01:10

Reply 46#46 codebreaker's post

Well i am a little bit not sure what to make of this episode, we find Locke was engaged before coming on the island and I'm still not sure what the point of the episode yes we learnt something new but i can't see significance i mean Jacob pick these people random.  

Reply 47#47 bala's post

We already knew Locke was engaged - though I think in the other timeline she had already left him because of his obsession about his father.  For those who have been paying attention all along, a lot was revealed.  To us it may seem random, but Jacob obviously had a reason for choosing those people - he needed them on the Island, for some reason.  We just haven't been told what that reason is yet.

Reply 48#48 waterlilybarb's post

oh yeah thanks for memory jog but wasn't that women played by another actress ? maybe that why i was confused with huge gaps between seasons, it's easy to forget what happen last season.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +4 Lost participation (both replies)! 2-18-2010 01:18

Thread