Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 149#149 waterlilybarb's post

Hahah that was so funny!!Also loved the Target the best!

I can't believe we're already at the end, my co-Lost friends!

I liked this episode for the most part, but I have to say the scenes with Jacob weren't my favorite. They made him out to be so magical and mysterious the whole 6 years, but in the last couple episodes he sort of seems like a boring loser LOL! I wish they'd made his scenes a little more spectacular in some way. Like the old scenes with the Others, with the scary whispers and weird noises and stuff. It might have added a little drama instead of what felt like just a "ok, here are the answers to the questions being raised on the internet" sort of feel. Know what I mean?

I'm so excited for the finale though, albeit a little sad!
Recent Ratings

So in a few more hours the final episodes of Lost will air and i think this is the most anticipated series finale that lost fans are looking forward to and I know episode will available tomorrow on here but it's really going strange watch a lost episode on Monday i am used to actually watching it on Wednesdays,  I suppose I could watch it on Wednesday but than I would avoid reading everyone comments until than which shouldn't be difficult but this hot weather we are experience over here is annoying it makes it hard focus on the screen watching more than a few hours.

Reply 151#151 bala's post

I am going to watch it at 5AM tomorrow morning on Sky 1

Reply 152#152 spratt89's post

Yes i heard about that but that's crazy wake up that early

Reply 152#152 spratt89's post

It's got to be available online before 5am because i think it's only a 5 hour time difference

Reply 154#154 codebreaker's post

It might be but It will be better quality on TV I think

Reply 155#155 spratt89's post

To be honest if it's available online that's what i prefer because there are no adds

Reply 154#154 codebreaker's post

It's says on info banner for Lost on Sky one: "Screening at the same time as it airs in the US..." Wow, they are cheeky saying that. Yeh, with the West coast maybe but the East coast will have aired it 5 hrs previously. So as you say codebreaker they are 5 hrs behind the first airing.

I'm going to Sky plus it and then watch it at about 7.00am.

Reply 151#151 bala's post

It's hot here too - WAY too hot for this time of year, so I have NO idea what you mean by the temperature having anything able to do with being able to pay attention.  My air conditioner is NOT installed, and my apartment doesn't even have any windows I can open except for the one in the bathroom...so quit your whinging.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 157#157 shinny's post

Actually, there will only be 3 hrs difference. It's airing in the states at 9/8 central, so that's 2am here. That's pretty good. Well done to Sky one for getting this!!

Reply 157#157 shinny's post

Good idea and then you can fast forward all the adds

Reply 160#160 codebreaker's post

Yeh, exactly. I'll probably be (pardon the pun!) lost watching it but I don't care. I still wanna know what it was all about!

THE END

Though many are posting their thought in the poll thread - feel free to do so here, if you like.  

All in all, the episode rocked.  Until the last 10 minutes (minus the closing shots), I was LOVING it and just KNEW "The End" would blow me away.  Well, for me at least, IT SUCKED!  To put it other words, someone pulled the curtain aside, and there was the "wizard"....was the feeling with which it left me.  Disappointment, and feeling like a sucker that I believed what I had been told.  That this story would NOT end with such a hokey, unsatisfying premise.

It's over now, but I'll be curious to see how this ending impacts how people, as a whole, feel about the series once sometime passes.  Will it stand the test of time, or will this ending cause it to end up fading into the mists of TV-dom?  Guess we'll have to wait & see.

Quote:
ok I found an explainatiom of the finale that I can accept and feel better about.

"On the other hand, Nikki Stafford "absolutely loved" the finale.

The author of "Finding Lost," book-length guides to each season of the series, Stafford argues that the plane really crashed on the island, the castaways survived, and went on to have all the experiences viewers saw there.

But in her view, the sideways world is their purgatory. And since "there is no 'now' here," in the words of Jack's father at the church, all those gathered there had died, at one time or another, after living their own respective lives.

"They reconverged for Jack's sake," Stafford said, "and this purgatory was an afterlife scenario, shown through Jack's lens."

Stafford, who currently is writing her Season 6 "Finding Lost" volume for October publication, then acknowledged, "Other people are going to see it differently, I'm sure."

Reply 163#163 gabsimom's post

That IS what I understood the ending to be, but it still seems like crap to me.  I still feel like they lied when they said it wasn't going to be some sort of "purgatory" ending - when all they REALLY meant was the Island wasn't "purgatory" or "limbo", or whatever.

Lots of people really enjoyed it.  Most that I know feel the same as myself - the episode was great EXCEPT for those 5-10 minutes.  I think for those who have very specific beliefs, that ending is NOT satisfying.  That is partially the case for myself, as well as the fact that it really does feel like I've been ripped off.   Oh well, c'est la vie.

Doesn't change my feelings, but this article is apparently trending pretty high, and it's a good read.  

Here's the link, and scroll down to Someone from Bad Robot's take on the Finale.  The source is a member named empire at Lost Media Mentions blog.

One thing I'm finding interesting is how many people are bummed over unanswered questions, when, in reality, most of the ones they are mentioning actually HAVE been answered.  I've already explained my problem with the ending, so I won't go on about it again.

Reply 163#163 gabsimom's post

That's how I saw it too.

For any of you hardcore fans you might want to check out this thread on an Irish forum called Boards.ie. People posting as they watched live (online),  at 5am when it was on Sky and then pretty much when they could watch it. There are some colourful comments in there so just glaze over them!!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055919492

Alot sharing your thoughts too Barb. Hated the ending!!

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-25-2010 09:53 ]

'Lost' execs: 'The finale is legitimate'

Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have claimed that the series finale of Lost is "legitimate".

In an interview with People before the episode aired, Cuse explained that he wanted the characters' storylines to be resolved.

"We're aware that ['Across The Sea'] was polarising, but to us that's what a mythology episode looks like," he continued. "And the mythology will never be as satisfying to the audience as character resolution."

Meanwhile, Lindelof said: "There's only one question the show really owes the audience an answer to, which is, 'What's the point of all this? What's the point of having watched the show for six years?' We feel like the finale answers that. There was a point."

The duo also commented that they wanted the audience to be satisfied with the finale.

"It's a straightforward idea but we've tried to do it in an engaging way," Cuse said. "A lot of series have ended with big, twisty revelations, like it all took place in a snowglobe. Or it was a dream. The audience will not be snowglobed at the end of Lost. We wanted to give a fair, legitimate ending. The island isn't going to be an alien spaceship and fly away."

The pair further confirmed that they are planning to be silent about the show now that the last episode has aired.

"We want the show to speak for itself for a while," Cuse explained. "The last thing we want is to take from the audience the ability to discuss and argue about what things mean. That's an important part of the community of Lost."

Source

Reply 167#167 bala's post

I've read & seen a lot of what has been said about the finale (before & after it aired).  It IS a legitimate ending, but that doesn't mean people have to find it a satisfying one, nor does it negate the fact that MANY feel like they were lied to regarding how it would end - from season 1 on.  I have one friend who feels like the last 10 miutes have negated the entire series for him.  He was definitely unimpressed.

Reply 168#168 waterlilybarb's post

I understand what your saying because even though i am happy about it but  i still have loads questions which really annoys me but i have accepted there are no more answers.

Thread