Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Lost Season 4-6 Here

OK, it's on TV right now and I know people will want to chat about the new season right away.  For general discussion of season 4, this is the place to do it.  If you have specific things to chat about feel free to start a new thread, but try not to be repetitive (in thread topics).  As always...

Have Fun & Happy Viewing!

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-3-2015 14:21 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

OK, I just got to watch last night's episode.  Tough I wish it had been longer, it was GOOD!  Hurley was a surprise, and now we know of 3 of the people who got off the island.  I wonder who the other 3 are?  Also, I wonder what's gonna happen, since Hurley said he shouldn't have gone with Locke.   AND, was he hallucinating Jacob's cabin, or is it only visible some of the time?  Once again, we're left with more questions than answers.   Obviously, the Jack that visited Hurley in the hospital, is not the same man we met in the flash forward in the season finale...this is before that.  It's going to be fun trying to keep the timeline straight in my head.

What did the rest of you think?  I'm dying to know if others were satisfied, or if you feel the show has lost some momentum.

Reply 2#2 waterlilybarb's post

I watched the recap of Seasons 1 through 3 and I found it really helpful.

4x01
There was so much going on with this opening episode, yet so many unanswered questions.

What exactly does the "Oceanic 6" mean? Are they the only ones who survived or the only ones who left the Island? Does that mean the rest are dead or just remained on the Island? Either way, in the flash forward, Jack doesn't want Hurley to talk about it. So is that because they want to protect their secrecy or is it because something happened to them?

Also, in the scene where Hurley sees Jacobs cabin, that was Jack's father inside. What significance is this & how did Hurley see it when we know the cabin is buried deep in the islan? Is this the "island" playing tricks and allowing the cabin to be seen when it feels like it?

What changes Jack's mind from never wanting to go back to wanting to go back?

We know that Hurley, Kate and Jack make up 3 or the Oceanic 6, so who are the other 3? Who was the one in the box, it could be Hurley either because we have not seen him in any of the more recent flash forwards?

It's also interesting to note that both Jack and Hurley being on "opposite sides" make it off the island, so they all must hook up again later.

I'm glad to see Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) appearing in this episode because I was a tad p'd off that they had killed him out of the show. I wonder will he continue to appear to Hurley or perhaps some of the others? Maybe to Jack after his heavy drinking begins, we already saw him hitting drink in the earlier flash forward.

So many questions........

I heard there is only 8 episodes this season, that's a bit of a bummer.

[ Last edited by shinny at 2-2-2008 13:44 ]

They have only filmed 8 of the episodes so far because of the writers strike. There will be 16 episodes per season for 3 more seasons. The series will end in 2010.

Shinny, you wrote: "We know that Hurley, Kate and Jack make up 3 or the Oceanic 6, so who are the other 3? Who was the one in the box, it could be Hurley either because we have not seen him in any of the more recent flash forwards?"

What box are you talking about?

Did you see the way Jack and Kate looked at the guy who parachuted onto the island? What's with that?

As for the Oceanic 6, I'm starting to think that the 6 were the only few who left the island, and everyone else is still on the island. Jack and Hurley are keeping it a secret because people are still trying to find the island.

If everyone else had died, why would Jack want to return?

[ Last edited by camarin7 at 2-2-2008 15:57 ]
That's enough to make me LOL... out loud.

Reply 3#3 shinny's post

You raised most of the questions that I was left with too, Shinny.

I had a couple more, like why did Hurley lie about knowing Ana-Lucia?  Is Michael one of the Oceanic 6...and Hurley's trying to protect him?

Since we know it was Christian Hurley saw in the cabin, who's eye was it that Hurley saw...and how did Locke just happen to be there when Hurley was freaking out?  

Regarding who was in the coffin...I really don't think it was Hurley, unless he lost a massive amount of weight post-Island.  That box was of average size...and the obit said the person who died was survived by a teenage son.

camarin7, as Barb mentioned below I was referring to the coffin

Barb, yeh that's true about the coffin.

That's a good theory about Hurley protecting Michael too.

I also read a summary for  a sayid episode in SciFi Now, i think it was episode 5) that refered to him as one of the oceanic 6 so that leaves two

Reply 7#7 gaiusx's post

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE remember to label spoilers.  I know the thread title does, but that's for people who may be behind in the series or season.  If you're going to mention something about a FUTURE episode please label it.  Personally, I really don't like to know what's going to happen.  I like to find out when I watch the show.  If it's labeled, I can skip it and come back to it later...usually at the end of the season.

I didn't seem to remember when Hurley said that he went with Locke, I thought he said he should have gone with Locke and that's how he ended up back home.  I'll go back and watch, I'm always wrong about these things.

I know that there's something healing about the island and when they left, they went back to their old problems.   If it were me with my current health problems and I was healed on that island, I would have a very hard time if I came back.  It seems like all the main characters had nothing to come back to,  so if any of them left, they shouldn't have.

I'm glad they showed Charlie, too.  It made it clear that he was really dead and not one of these characters that suddenly show up alive, later.

I wonder if the guy in the box is Locke, but it could also be Ben or Jacob.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 9#9 desertdarlene's post

He definitely said he was sorry he went with Locke and should have gone with Jack. To which Jack says, it's not an issue.

Whoever is in the box is not someone who is very much liked (remember Kate's reaction to going) So it could be either of who you mentioned.

sorry barb but it was in an episode summary  they were given by the creators so its not just something leaked onto the internet (SciFi now is a british magazine not an internet site). So I'm sure like with Hurley it would be revealed straight away in his FF and like hurley something else would be the bigger mystrey. But in future i will put spoiler warnings like below.

Minor SPOILERS (and i mean very minor same as you get from reading a tv guide summary)

episode 3 (The Economist) is the sayid episode i previously mentioned
episode 4 (Eggtown) is a kate episode in which we find out if she's pregnant or not
episode 7(Ji Yeon) is a Sun & Jin
episode 8 Michael returns to the island (okay that sounds like a big spoiler if you haven't read hes returning anywhere but anyone whos read anything about the new series knew he was returning anyway)

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 2-4-2008 05:35 ]

Reply 11#11 gaiusx's post

Thank you.  Minor spoilers, like the ones in TV Guide are fine.  I'm just so gun shy after what happened at the end of last season...and grateful I didn't read that massive spoiler...that I avoid as much as possible.

yeah i didn't see the end of last series til about 4 months after it aired but was lucky enough not to have anybody tell me about it. Don't worry i would never tell anything big becasue i wouldn't go seaking it out anyway.

glad you understood.

Im even more confused after seeing the first 2 new episodes than I was before

Will we be seeing more of Naomi in future episodes (as flashbacks)?
And if that's not enough, we now have to deal with 4 new characters.

I'm still thinking why Richard (below) doesn't age. Does anyone have answers/theories?

I just saw the 2/7/08 episode and I can't wait to see why the four  want Ben.  The photo they showed of him seem to indicate that he has been off the island very recently (it looks like he's in a terminal or office that is not on the island).  It makes me wonder who he really is and why they want him so badly.  

And, why is there a medium in the group of four new characters?
Too legit to quit!

Reply 16#16 desertdarlene's post

Finally!  Someone to talk about the episode with.  

I have the same questions, especially about Ben.  He knew exactly who those people were, and why they were there.  One thing that was a bit confusing for a while, during the episode, was trying to figure out whether they were in a flashback or flashforward.  I sussed it, but with both options, it takes some concentration.

I'm still on the fence about Juliet.  I really can't tell if she indeed does want to get off the island or if she's just playing along with some plan of Ben's.

What about the guy who recruited the foursome?  He was the same guy in last week's flashforward who went to see Hurley.  I know he's supposed to be a new character this season, but I want to know what his agenda is.

Any other thoughts?

I wondered, also, about that guy, too, but I have some bad feelings.  I wonder if he works for Oceanic Airlines, but I don't know.  He referred to the group as being on some kind of  "operation" like a military operation.  And, what's with the dig in Tunisia and the bear collar with the Dharma symbol on it?  So many questions that I hope are answered.
Too legit to quit!

Well, when I saw the medium guy I thought "ah no, they are not going to tell us that everyone did actually die and this guy is there to speak to their spirits" but thankfully everyone else saw them, so that is not the case.

We know this is something to do with Darma because Charlotte (in their flashback) was on an excavation and she found a "polar" bear in the desert !!

Not sure how Ben fits into all of this, but he is a shady character.

And what about the helicopter pilot being the pilot who was supposed to fly the Oceanic flight that day? Also, there is a clear cover up going on here as the Pilot they identified was not the correct person.

Reply 19#19 shinny's post

Oh, there's definitely a cover up.  Remember how they were told that no one was looking for them because the world thinks they're dead.  The opening shots were the news reports of the crashed plane wreckage supposedly having been found.  The thing is, who is covering it up?  It surely has something to do with someone's interest in the Dharma Initiative, seeing, as you said, that Charlotte found the polar bear AND Dharma collar on the dig.

I wasn't worried that they were all dead, because the creators and producers have promised that they wouldn't cop out like that.

Thread