Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 180#180 bala's post

No problem.  Glad I could clear it up for you.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 181#181 waterlilybarb's post

only 4 more episode until i finish the season

wow

so we know who 6 survivors are and I'm glad not everyone is dead-so they moved island .

Jin & micheal -so sad he's dead

Reply 183#183 bala's post

we don't know for sure that Jin is dead.  We saw his tombstone, but he could just still be on the island and because of the story they are telling to cover up for the island they had to do a mock funeral

Reply 184#184 imarielle626's post

how can they go back to island?

Reply 185#185 bala's post

no clue but i'm sure we'll find out...

Reply 186#186 imarielle626's post

i just don't get it

Lost Season 5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

This is getting more confusing with all the different twists and turns i watched the first half hour and couldnt get into the store so i when and watched the last episode of season 4 and then watched these 2 episodes perhaps i should of waited and watched Destiny Calls (S05-Special)

I thought it was pretty good.  I think a lot of what was happening with Sayid and Kate was more manipulation by Ben and Co.  I don't like that they keep killing off the 815 survivors on the island.  Pretty soon, only the main characters will be left if at that.  But, maybe we'll learn more about Widmore and the history of the island.

They kinda revealed the location of the island when the "Sherrif" made calculations and pinpointed them on a map.  But, of course, we didn't get much of a shot of what or where she had pinpointed it to.
Too legit to quit!

these 2 eps were nothink special.i was bored at spots but it was watchable

okay I have a lot to say about this two episodes so just bear with me.  I also read The Lost Diary so the posters there have put more things in my mind about what may happen next.  Don't worry i don't know spoilers for future episodes, these are all just predictions or questions I have.  Okay here it goes...

First of all, I really liked how they began the episode with the record skipping.  It tied in nicely with the way Faraday described what was happening to them like a record skipping, but in time.  Another thing about that first scene is that I originally thought that was Sun, but upon watching it a second time realized it was not.  I believe her to be the wife of Dr. Marvin Candle aka Dr. Chang who was probably the man we saw but did not see his face.  Also the baby others suspect to be Miles, and Lost would be just crazy enough to connect him like that!

Now for some questions:  
-Faraday back in the past?  How is it possible?  Was he there before he met our Losties or did they all skip back to that time period but we were only shown Daniel?
-Is the Island skipping every 108 minutes?  Is that why Desmond had to push the button?  This theory makes perfect sense to me!
-I swear Locke is not dead!  I heard somewhere someone say that dead on Lost is not real dead.  So I think Locke will be back in some for or another!  Plus ben was very evasive on Jack's question "he is dead right?"  I guess we'll just have to wait and see
-When Aaron was watching TV he said something about ChooChoo going through the tunnel and Kate responded "No choochoo doesn't go through tunnel because it knows if it does it is never coming back"  I just have to wonder if that means something more like if they go back to the Island there is no returning this time.
-I may just not remember this from the end of last season, but how did Ben get out of the desert?  isn't that where he ended up after he turn the wheel?
-What did Ben take of the vent in his and Jack's hotel room?
-I feel there is a huge significance in the fact that Charolette's nose is the only one bleeding.  I've heard what other people have to say about that, but I don't know if I agree with any of them and I have no ideas so I'm just going to let this one pass for now
-Miles find the bore and knows it's only been dead 3 hours...how?  He isn't the one knowledgeable about time travel so how did he know that?  There is something about him we haven't been told yet!
-What is Ben up to????  I think thats a biggie!  Who are those ladies?  Is one of them Faraday's mom?

Now for just somethings I picked out:
-The man that holds Sawyer and Juliet at gun point that Locke kills is wearing an army uniform with the name Jones on it.  Black Rock is what came to mind-could they have gone back that far in time?
-Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) is still on the credits so will he be coming back?  Did he not die?  Oh Lost why do you have to do this to us!!!
-"I didn't go anywhere John, you went." - Richard -- so it is our Losties moving through time NOT the island!  I just though that is important to know

Umm so that's all for now.  Sorry it's long.  This season is going to be so good!!!  And I don't know if it was just me, but those two episodes did not feel like they were two hours long!  When they ended I was like huh? already?  Can the show move time too? Well I can't wait for next week.  I hope we get more answer!

One thing I liked about the 1/28 episode of Lost was that we are getting to see some of the history of the island.  So, Widmore was one of the "others" about 50 years ago.  

I am curious as to where these "others" originally came from and how they all got together.  

I think some loose ends are being tied up now.  We are going to see the origin of the feud between Widmore and Linus.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 18#18 desertdarlene's post

I agree I like seeing the history of the island too, although it is also throwing more questions our way!

-Ellie (the Other with the gun)-Ellie short for Eloise.  Faraday's mother's name is Eloise.  Coincidence I think not!  I've seen others who suspect Faraday is the sun of Eloise (aka Mrs. Hawkings the lady with the pendulum we see with Linus in the present time) and Charles Widmore.  Now wouldn't that be a strange coincidence?!?
-Faraday-So he is getting more and more mysterious.  First we saw him in the past working for dharma and then in this episode when he first encounters Ellie she says "you again" as if they had met before.  weird!

thats all i have for now that i found interesting.

OK.  I finally got to watch Lost last night (all 4 episodes) and must say I'm enjoying the new season very much.  There are a lot of things I don't quite understand with regards to their version of time-travel, but on the whole it's good.

As for some of the theories mentioned, I think Ellie might be Faraday's mother.  It seems highly plausible, and I also think that Ellie is Ms. Hawking.

Did anyone else enjoy the look on Locke's face as much as I did when young Widmore ID'd himself?  Priceless.   

I'm too tired to expound further, but just had to throw my 2 cents in while it was on my mind.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

i dont like this season at all.i have stoped watching this show.

Yes, it is agreed that Ellie is probably Daniel's mother.  He did say something like "you look familiar to me" to her and when she took it to mean like a former girlfriend, his answer made it clear he didn't see her that way.

Also, the nosebleeds seem to be happening based on how much exposure each person has had to the island.  I think Charlotte's was first and then Miles, which would also indicate that he might be the baby mentioned in earlier post and episode.

I am definitely interested in Danielle's story.  They seem to have arrived at about the same time as the purge and I wonder if the sickness Danielle mentioned was some kind of side effect from the gas that Ben used.  Or, maybe Ben or Widmore used some sort of germ warfare against them.
Too legit to quit!

Wait, my bad.  I just went and checked the Lostpedia timeline and it seems to indicate that the purge happened about 4 years after Danielle arrived on the island.
Too legit to quit!

I so called Jin being alive!  Okay so it wasn't that hard since he was still cast as a regular character and not a special guest.

Daniel's response to Miles about amount of time on the island really supports the theory I adopted (with the help of thelostdiary) that he is Dr. Candle's baby!

can't wait to get more information on Rosseau.  When I saw the French I knew it had to be her!

I really don't like Ben!

Can I just say I love Sayid!  I mean that whole let me choke you with my IV was incredible!  Leave it to Sayid to find a weapon while in a hospital bed hooked up to an IV!

You know, does anyone notice that Ben's mother and Locke's mother have the same name?  And, I remember that one time when Ben saw his mother outside the sonic fence when he was a child.  She looked very similar to the woman that I saw with Locke who was completely loooney.  I think they might be related.  Perhaps she didn't die at Ben's birth, and she ran off or went crazy again..  And, maybe Roger was not the father, but Anthony Cooper and that's why Roger  resented Ben.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 12#12 desertdarlene's post

interesting idea darlene.  I just went to lostpedia to look up somethings and it is definately a possibility!  Locke was born in '56 when his mother was just 15 years old whereas Ben was born sometime in the early '60s which (if they share a mother) would make her in her late 20s which is a plausible age to have a child.  So I can see a possible twist the lost writers throw in about that.  I never noticed both of their mothers are named Emily before.  Now we know Lost never does anything by coincidence so let's just wait and see...

Thread