Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

5x05 - This Place Is Death

I just got to watch this episode and - WOW - it was good!

So much has happened this season already, and it's great we are finally getting some answers - though there are still innumerable questions.

Charlotte's reveal that she was actually part of the Dharma initiative and grew up on the Island was interesting.  So was the fact that she thinks Daniel was the "crazy man" who told her if she ever returned to the Island she would die.  This is highly plausible, seeing as we saw Daniel with the Dharma group in last week's (?) episode down at the Orchid when they discovered the "donkey wheel" behind the wall.  I was sorry to see Charlotte go.

Danielle's back story got fleshed out a bit more - which was great...though sad.  Seeing Smokey drag off her colleague, and then RIP HIS ARM OFF was rather shocking, to say the least.  It's no wonder Danielle seemed like a mad woman from the moment we were 1st introduced to her in season 1.  Her whole life on the Island has been one big nightmare.  It was interesting that when Robert returned from Smokey's lair he seemed to be different, and in fact was.  I wonder what really happened down there to make him ready to shoot his pregnant wife/partner?  

And Jin!  What a man.  I just love his character...always wanting to protect his family.  And it was such a great scene when he was reunited with the other time-travellers after one of the flashes.  I'm so glad they didn't keep them apart for too long.  BTW, Sun was as awesome as usual.  Definitely my favourite female character - and they are my favourite couple of the show.

OK, that's all I have for the moment, but I must say - this season just keeps getting better and better.  Good stuff!

p.s.  I almost forgot.  It was an interesting twist for Christian Shephard to be down the well when Locke fell,  telling him that HE was supposed to move the Island, and that now he had to put things right by bringing everyone back.  Cool.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Confused

I watched all the episodes of Lost and when I started watching Season 5, I got really confused.  I have a bad memory so I am hoping someone can please help me out.   I remember a lot,  but the thing I am most confused about is Kate.  I know she s raising Aaron. But wasn't she pregnant and had a baby also?  If she did have a baby, where is it?  Thanks, Granny Penny  
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:37
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply 15#15 penny3760's post

Kate thought she was pregnant while married to Kevin Callis, played by Nathan Fillion.  A pregnancy test turned out to be negative.  This was all while she was running from the US marshal prior to crashing on the Island.

Hope that helps to clear it up for you Penny.

Source

Reply 16#16 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks Barb,  I love the show, but some times it can get confusing.  I should of watched the last episodes of season 4 again to help me remember what was going on.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply 17#17 penny3760's post

Glad I could help.

There's always so much happening in the story (and so many characters to keep track of) it's no wonder you found it confusing.  I often check Lostpedia when I want to recheck my facts - especially if they are referring to something that happened a while ago.

Recent Ratings

Hey Losties, glad to see this board can carry on, on it's own. I haven't seen any of the new season, I have been in the hospital, I hope it's as good as I'm expecting it to be. I won't be doing any weekly quizzes, I'm just not up to it at the moment. But I am going to be doing a big Lost challenge, that I will be posting in the next few days. Also. once I've caught up on the shows, I'll be going through the threads to give points to all of you that have posted updates. previews and helpful posts.

Thanks,
Gypsy

Wow what a great episode!  So now everyone is back on the island (well at least we hope so).

Got a few questions to throw out there...
1.  What happened to Aaron?  I mean Kate would not just leave him and she looked very disheveled!  Did Ben's people take him away or was it something more Lost-like and mysterious?
2.  What happened to Ben?  Like honestly how could no one have asked what happened to him.  It's Ben afterall, sure they all want to beat the crap out of him, but up until that point no one had.  It was not one of the O6 so I wonder who.
3.  Will Desmond be back on the island?
4.  I wonder what the random guy on the flight has to do with the O6 and the island.  His name is Caesar by the way and we haven't seen the last of him.
5.  What are the odds that Frank Lipidus was the pilot?  That's Lost for you!
6.  So what happens next?  Can't wait to find out!  It seems when they are now is the beginning of Dharma because wasn't that car Jin was driving the same car that they found crashed with the Dharma #1 guy?
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:39

Reply 21#21 imarielle626's post

Because the van that Jin was driving was clean and looked new i think they have gone back to the island but in a different year like back in time

Reply 21#21 imarielle626's post

I'm not feeling that well so this will be short for now.....

Wow,wow, wow!! What a great show and season!!

I think that Ben killled Penny (Desmaond GF), he told Widmore that he would, I think that was the promise he was talking about....We'll see.
I'm not sure about the guy on the plane, it seemed like they were just beamed down to the island, in the flash (not a plane crash).  
I too, found the whole, Aaron thing strange, I was thinking that maybe the grandmother, had figured it out, from Jacks visit...that seems a bit to simple though.
Frank LaPidus, I'm wondering if he'll be on the island, since his mates are traveling through time with the Losties. Also, do you think that, Charlotte will come back, now that they are all together?

codebreaker-
I agree, I think that they are back in time, and wonder if they are all there

I have much more to say, about this all the episodes. I'll be back, when I'm not so out of it.

Oh man I love this show passionatly. LOL.

This was a great episode. If Ben killed Penny I am killing him   Yes where is Aaron. Since he was born on the island I am sure it is not done with him either.
Yes who is this guy. Did it look like Said was in the custody of a marshall. lol The pace of this season is nicer alot of questions are being answered faster while still keeping us in the dark.
Bravo, Bravo.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:38

Reply 25#25 gabsimom's post

They did say this season was going to answer a lot of questions, but also leave a lot more!

As far as Ben killing Penny, I saw that somewhere else too.  It could be possible that Desmond beat him up because he tried to kill Penny.

Wow, I loved that episode.  Ben is such a slimeball.  He kept Locke alive just long enough to get the information he needed before he "killed" him.  

One thing that bothered me was about the building that they kept being shown in with the injured people and the office.  I mean, one moment they're on the beach, next moment, they're in that building.  Is the building near the beach?  How did they get there?  What's the story about that building?  

I think Locke showed up in present time while the others are floating around with the other people who did not leave and are time shifting.
Too legit to quit!

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham

I knew the Island would bring John back!  What I didn't expect was for him to have been murdered.  Now I'm really curious as to what Ben's agenda is.

It was nice to see Walt - and to have an explanation as to why he's not back on the Island too.  Interesting that his dreams were of Locke on the Island in the suit.

I like your idea Darlene - that Locke & those with him are in the present.  Can't wait to find out what's really going on!

edit: Just realized that Locke et al aren't on THE Island, they're on Hydra - the small island where our Losties were kept as prisoners.

Someone on another forum said something about Frank and another woman taking a boat, that means that Frank is in the present, at least.  And, they think that Sun was the other woman.  That would blow that theory about certain people being in the present and others still jumping.  We'll have to see what is going on.
Too legit to quit!

I just looked up on Lostpedia and it is said that the building that Caeser and everyone is in is actually the "Hydra" station.  I also remember that Locke was looking out into the water at another island.  It's possible that they crash landed on the smaller island.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 30#30 desertdarlene's post

I know - that's why I thought your idea about them being in the present was a plausible theory...though Hydra is very near the big Island, so it may have "disappeared" too.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:34

I am going to go back and watch the whole season when it's over and see what I can piece together.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 28#28 waterlilybarb's post

Hi Losties! =) I'm finally caught up in all my Lost episodes. This season started off weak I think but is definitely getting better and better - I think The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham was an amazing episode - right up there with The Constant!

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. Like everyone else I am torn between Ben or Widmore as the "bad guy," and seeing Ben kill Locke with such passion would normally  have me leaning toward Ben, but truth is I think he knew that the only way to get them all back to the island was if Locke were dead.

2. Ben seemed to know it was "time" to kill Locke as soon as Locke mentioned Eloise Hawking...was this because Ben needed to know that name and got the information he needed, or because once he knew Locke had the name he had to kill him?

3. My theory about what happened with Kate and Aaron is that she was visited once again by Claire who told her to come back to the island but not to bring Aaron. I think maybe she left Aaron with Sawyer's ex (Clementine's mom), I have a feeling they're still in contact and friends.

4. I still haven't forgotten Desmond's prediction way back when of seeing Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter together. Will that one day happen, or did Desmond make that up to get Charlie to do what he had to?

5. So if Locke is alive again on the island, does that mean Christian is also alive? All this time I thought he was a ghost, but maybe he's back to life?

6. RIP Michael Abbadon! I wish he'd gotten a bit more air time before he was killed!

So many questions!! But then again such is the life of a Lostie! =)
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:35

Thread