Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 33#33 studiojek's post

You bring up some good points.  My question about Ben's killing Locke is, if he wanted Locke dead, why did he talk him out of killing himself moments before murdering him?  The mention of Eloise Hawking did seem to cause a marked change in Ben, so I too wonder if that had anything to do with it.

I also wished we'd seen a bit more of Abbadon before he died, but just because he's dead doesn't mean we won't.  There are always flashbacks and time travel.

I also think that Aaron is with Clementine's mother.  That makes the most sense to me, because I'm certain that when Sawyer whispered in Kate's ear before jumping out of the helicopter he asked her to check on her for him.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 34#34 waterlilybarb's post

I read somewhere (was it on this thread? I can't remember haha!!) that maybe Ben knew the island wouldn't LET Locke kill himself, so Ben knew he had to be the one to do it. Not sure how Eloise Hawking plays into that though.

True about Abbadon, people never seem to die for very long on this show!

Well, a lot of what I am thinking has already been said. I do wonder about Ben and Widmore. I don't know, why Ben killed Locke, but I think that Ben, maybe the more evil of the two.

This wasn't the best episode, of the season, but still very good and a few surprises. I'm really looking forward to this weeks. To finding out, just where and when, all the Lostie's are!!   

Reply 36#36 gypsiegirl66's post

I thought it was one one of the better episodes this season, though the Desmond-centric ones are always my favourites.  For some reason, they just seem to write better for his character and I really enjoy his story, and continually wonder how he fits into the big picture.

RE: Studio's remark that Ben might have known the Island wouldn't let Locke kill himself, I read that theory too - either at EW or the Lost Diary.  It's plausible.  Of the two (Widmore & Ben), I think Ben is more innately bad, but Widmore's agenda certainly isn't as altruistic as he told Locke.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reply 37#37 waterlilybarb's post

I also thought it was one of the better ones - Like I said I think the season started off weak and is slowly getting stronger.

I agree that the Desmond episodes are some of the best ones, many times the Locke ones are too - I'm a big fan of Locke/Ben scenes as they always seem to be choc full of information and tension. (leading of course to more questions and more tension!!)

Reply 38#38 studiojek's post

Those Locke/Ben scenes are good.  I know I read it somewhere else, but their relationship is very like Jacob & Esau - seeing as there are so many Biblical references in the show.  I want answers too.

Lost 5x08 LeFleur

Similar ending to episode 6 and we now know that some of them are back together but in 1977 so where are the other survivor's of the plane crash
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:35

Well, that episode was interesting.  So, the Losties worked for Dharma.  Well, as far as we know, they weren't there when Ben and his family showed up.  I also wonder if they were behind the "incident" that was mentioned in the orientation films.  Perhaps the "incident" was when the Dharma people found the wheel and tried to turn it.

The statue was interesting.  It was of an early Egyptian style that I can't remember the name of.  Also, the necklace that Paul wore was an Egyptian religious symbol that I think symbolizes long life.   And, the way Richard paints his eyes is also similar to the way the ancient Egyptians of certain religions did.  The Ancient Egypt connection may be the reason why they needed Paul's body.

James made  "waiting for Locke" sound like he's waiting for the second coming of Christ.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:36
Too legit to quit!

Reply 41#41 desertdarlene's post

LOL!  I like your take on Sawyer waiting for Locke.

I'll post later about the episode.  My head hurts too much right now.

Oooooh! Great episode!! Juliet and Sawyer??? I never would have, figured them as a couple. I guess when there are limited choices, you aren't too picky!! I do wonder what is going to happen, with Juliette, now that Kate is back.
I agree there is a lot of ancient Egypt going on there. It was great to finally see the statue (the back anyway). I'm not sure the Egyptian theme, is the reason for taking Paul's body. I think Richard wanted it, to show The Others, that someone paid for the deaths of their people. I like Richard, I would have asked, if I could go with him. At least they have plenty of food, and homes, with Dharma. We know that they are there before the purge, so if Ben is there (pre purge), will there be two Ben's. I hope not, I can't take the one we have now.

Man, I can't wait till next weeks episode, to see the reunion, and all that comes with it!!!   

I also was shocked by Juliet and Sawyer but they are actually a pretty cute couple - and I was never a big fan of Kate and Sawyer (or Kate and Jack...or Kate in general!). Kate's arrival is sure to shake things up though.

Desertdarlene - that's a good question, if the Losties were somehow "responsible" for the "incident" that they always talk so much about. It's very possible...but then it means their lives are looped, meaning then if they get out of this situation then they are destined to crash again on flight 815 and so forth and so on. Ah, my mind is racing just thinking about it all!!

I think the statue looked like a woman - it had long hair right?

FYI - no episode next week.  The next new episode airs in 2 weeks.

Reply 45#45 waterlilybarb's post

Noooo!! =( I hate that!

WHAAAAT!! No episode, why those good for nuttin tv exac's.

Re: Last weeks episode- I wasn't saying it was a bad episode. I think all the episodes this season have been great. I just thought there would be more, regarding Locke's trip back. Not just he goes to see the 4 once, and then is so broken he tries to hang himself. That isn't John Locke to me.  I did like that he went to see Walt, though again the scene seemed short. I think they should have done Locke's trip, over two episodes. Maybe we'll get more tid=bit's of his trip, through flashbacks (I hope so). I agree, I love the episodes with Desmond, they have done a great job with his character.

Barb, I read that too, about Ben and Locke, being like Jacob and Esau. If you think about it, there are a lot of parallel's between Jacob and Esau, and Ben and Locke.

Yeah, Sawyer and Juliette, do make a cute couple, and I don't want him with Kate. I want Jack with Kate, I just think they are so good together. I've always liked Kate, though this season her character has changed a lot.

I thought the same thing, about the time loop. But my thinking, about what's really going on with Lost, changes from minute to minute. So much so, my head literally starts to .

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-7-2009 22:54 ]

Reply 44#44 studiojek's post

It looked like a male statue, though it's hard from behind.  Men of that time period often had long hair and/or head dresses/scarfs.  Also, even if we could see the face, the sculptures of that particular time period tend to have more feminine faces.  But, it could be a female, perhaps Isis or something.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 48#48 desertdarlene's post

Someone on the lost diary site said it might have been an Egyptian statue, and actually not man or woman but a cat or other animal - which would have echoed in that symbol found on "Paul"'s body, the necklace that Horace found and got angry about.

Reply 49#49 studiojek's post

I've read the Egyptian theory on several sites now.  It's plausible - and if it is, then the statue could be either male or female since Egyptian men had long hair too.  

The "cross" Paul was wearing was actually an ankh, which is an Egyptian symbol for life, but also has the meaning of life/death (immortality), male/female - all symbolizing balance.  As a cross it is linked to life & fertility, which is relevant to the Island.

Just a thought regarding the statue. Maybe we haven't seen the front, because it's of the Egyptian God of fertility.....which is portrayed as being pregnant.......

Lost statue...

Notice the ears are the same??

Egyptian Hippo Goddess of Fertility Taweret Statue.....

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-11-2009 20:17 ]

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 3-12-2009 03:01 ]

wow these are some awesome theories. My head is spinning from all the answers / misdirections. Does this mean they all got purged. What ia up with Richard? and the the thing about Penny's father being the real leader until Ben tricked him. And if that is baby Ben that explains how he knew so much about everyone and basically why he kidnapped Juliet.

Reply 52#52 gabsimom's post

Didn't we see Ben being born, and his mother (who died during childbirth)? I don't remember her clearly, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Amy. I was thinking that the baby, might be Daniel Faraday. All the researchers, that came on the freighter, have some link to the island. Again, this is just a theory. We are meant to be spinning, and the writers of Lost are doing a great job, at keeping us that way.

Thread