Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 73#73 desertdarlene's post

Thanks.  I was wondering about that - though it's been on my list for quite a while.  I'm glad to hear it won't be something I'll have to trudge through, like some others I've read.  

I still don't have an MP3 player, and while the town I currently live in has a library, it's very small and doesn't have much in the way of audio books.  I have a list (ever growing) of books I want to read at some point, and now that there are more audio books, listening to them is a good idea.  I can always download them onto my computer - until I get around to getting an MP3 player.  I'll look at the city library after I move, as I can listen while I'm unpacking or decorating my new apartment (once I have one).
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

5x10 - "He's Our You"

Just under 2 hours until Lost.  I'm excited...is that sad? lol  Catch y'all later for the confab on the episode.

tic toc   Ya'll are too smart for me.
I think Ben messed everything up too. He is too power hungry.

**SPOILERS** - Thoughts while watching:

So far so good.  It's a Sayid-centric episode, and I saw Jeremy Davies name in the credits - so Faraday should be in this episode.  Good stuff!

Ben just told Sayid he's a killer, that it's in his nature.  I SO want Sayid to do away with young Ben...but that wouldn't serve the story, so I doubt it will happen.

Turns out Newhart's "Larry" (as in - 'Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Daryl & my other brother Daryl') is their Sayid.  I was NOT expecting that when I saw his name (William Sanderson) in the opening credits.

OMGoodness!  Sayid just told young Ben he was there to "take him to his people".  I wonder who he means?  The Hostiles - or our travellers?  This is so good!  I hate watching alone.

Holy Crap, Batman!  HE DID IT!  *read with shock & awe!*

No Faraday - not even in a flashback.  He must be just part of the regular cast, but they don't always put everyone in the credits if they aren't in the episode.  Bummer, I was hoping to see him, but WOW what an ending!

Episode 10 He's Our You

Another great episode and WOW what an ending but if Sayid killed young Ben then that should have some consequences on the future time line like his daughter should of never been born plus did Sayid break Jin's neck
Recent Ratings

His daughter was kidnapped from the french woman so she will be fine, no purge now? Jin was just knocked out I think. Where is Sayid going to go?  Ben seemed to be the only one who knew what was going on? It was a shocker for Sayid to do that? Wow I wonder if he would have tried to help him instead and got rid of Daddy what would of changed. But maybe he felt it was already to late. Maybe the real Dharma is the bad guy? Ahhh my head is gonna pop. Does this mean all those who died will now live? What is the signifigance of Ethan?  

Hey, did anyone notice that Sawyer used a Taser on Sayid?  I didn't think those existed in the 70s.

I definitely don't think Ben is dead.  Sayid should have shot him in the head to make sure.  It seems to be one of those things where if you thought you could stop an evil person while they were a child, would you do it?  Sayid probably would have.

I definitely think something has changed, but I need to see what's going on with the future to see exactly what.  I feel that the island definitely feels that Sayid, Sawyer, Juliet, Hurley, Jack, Kate, and the others in the 70s all have something important to do there or it wouldn't have brought them there.

Another thought, though far fetched.  Maybe the bullet gets lodged near Ben's spine and a tumor forms around it.  Then, in the future, Jack removes that tumor not knowing about a possible bullet or bullet fragment.  Or, maybe the gunshot contributed to the tumor.
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Reply 80#80 desertdarlene's post

I have a feeling Ben isn't dead either.  I like the theory about the bullet causing the tumour - that would be interesting.  Whatever the case, the shooting will definitely have implications on the future.  If Faraday is correct - that they can't change the past, then Ben will not be dead, but that doesn't mean there won't be some ripple effect from the shooting.

We now know that Ilana was a bounty hunter who had Sayid in cuffs - I had wondered about that...if she was a cop or something else.

About the taser - I did a little research...as I'm wont to do.  Apparently, the first "stun gun" (the initial form of the taser) was invented in either 1969 or 1974, depending on the source.  Either way, it 's possible that Sawyer would have had access to an early one since the Dharma Initiative had a huge weapons stockpile.

Thanks!  I didn't think Tasers were around back then because I remember the big deal they made when police started using them.  I never heard about them in the 70s.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 82#82 desertdarlene's post

I didn't know they'd been around for so long either.  They haven't been in use for as long, but considering the resources of the DHARMA Initiative (I know - I'm so sucked into the show ), it's not surprising they would have access to them.

On another note, I just rewatched the episode and I have to say, one of my favourite lines in this one was when Sayid said to Sawyer, "A 12 year old Ben Linus just brought me a chicken salad sandwich.  How do you think I'm doing?"

Also, after all the build up of what a psycho Oldham was, and considering he was supposed to be their Sayid, ie: their torturer, it was a little anticlimactic to see him just give Sayid some kind of psychotropic truth serum...and then for NO one to believe what Sayid said.

5x11 - "Whatever Happened, Happened"

OK, here I am again - all excited about the new episode of Lost tonight.  I've avoided spoilers, but I do know Kate is featured in this episode, though I don't know to what extent.   Only 4hrs 50min to go.

tic toc :time:

Reply 84#84 waterlilybarb's post

**POSSIBLE SPOILERS** (only if you haven't seen the episode)

Someone called me just as Lost was starting, so I just finished watching it now.  Hurley is so the audience - asking Miles to explain time travel to him and why they don't remember all this stuff happening to them.  Made me laugh when Miles finally got to the point when he says, "I didn't think of that."   

Locke's words to Ben as he awakens were also good, because how sure are we that Locke is really alive - in our sense of the word?  I'm beginning to wonder if there is not only time travel happening here, but also parallel universes/timelines, with varying outcomes.

Kate surprised me a little by bringing Aaron to his Grandma.  I thought for sure she left him with Cassidy, BUT I was right about what Sawyer whispered in her ear before bailing.  Cassidy is one shrewd lady - and rather than saying he was being heroic thought his jumping out of the helicopter was more an act of cowardice.  Sawyer's pretty much agreed with Cassidy, and sounds like he's a lot more content in his relationship with Juliet than I would have thought.

That's all for now - though there are other things - WAY BIGGER issues - that were revealed in this episode.

Wow wow wow, ok so our losties made Ben what he is? Richard is connected to the temple and smoke monster.
something we all suspected.
Sawyer is content with Juliet because she treats him as an equal rather than not good enough or I wish I had you but you were more like Jack.

I totally thought she would give Aaron to his grandmother.

Miles and Hurley so funny, and yes they do seem to be us.

Reply 87#87 gabsimom's post

As soon as Richard took Ben, I knew he was taking him to the temple.  They did make Ben the man he became...stupid people!

Jack has actually gained some insight though.  When Kate said she liked the old Jack better - his reply?  You didn't like the old me.  He also didn't feel the need to jump in and try and save the day, like he would have in the past.  I think he has a better understanding of what's going on than most of the others - even if he doesn't fully understand the nature of the weird time travelling trip they're on.  But honestly, who could?

Noooooo!  They should have let Ben die!  But, I do think they're there for a reason and the title of the episode is a good one:  Whatever Happened Happened.

I was on another forum and someone else mentioned that Kate probalby left Aaron with his grandmother.  I think that was the perfect choice.  

Did anyone else notice how much that woman in the grocery store that found Aaron looked like Claire?  Of course, that's what they wanted you to think as Kate seemed to notice, too.

I also noticed the change in Jack.  I think he made the right move there in that case.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 4-2-2009 16:30 ]
Too legit to quit!

Reply 89#89 desertdarlene's post

I think they should have let Ben die too (how cold are we ), but the Island probably wouldn't have let that happen.

I'll have to rewatch to look at the woman who took Aaron.  I will say, as much as I liked Cassidy, I was wondering if she was somehow responsible for Kate losing Aaron.  I guess, in a way, she was - as it seemed to be what she said that moved Kate to go to Grandma Littleton.

Hi everyone! I was away and just got all caught up on the last episodes. WOW!

My notes/thoughts:

1. When he takes him, Richard says Ben won't remember what happened, but I noticed that the same people who were on Ben's "List" in the future (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley to a small extent) were the ones who were directly involved in saving him - and Juliet was already there. Did he really forget what happened?

2. I think Locke, Ben and Sun are in present time because they weren't ever supposed to come back to the island. I assume there is going to be a scene in the future when Sun and Jin will see each other again for the first time and it is going to be awesome!!!

3. I really am finding myself liking the Sawyer/Juliet couple.

4. I wonder when Desmond's going to come back and Faraday is going to play a part again.

5. I also agree that Ben's responsible for everything bad that happened on the island.

6. We found on that The Hostiles are led by Charles and Ellie.

Can't wait till next week!! =)
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +5 great points to ponder. 5-28-2009 18:34

Charles as in Charles whitmore? and who is ellie again?

Reply 92#92 gabsimom's post

Ellie is Eloise Hawking, aka Faraday's mother, aka the lady who sent them back to the Island.  Both she & Widmore were in the episode "Jughead" as their younger selves.

Thread