Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

OMG now my mind is blown, how is Ellie in charge and isn't she on Ben's side?

Reply 94#94 gabsimom's post

I'm not really sure who's side Ellie is on.  She knew Widmore on the Island, so they could be in cahoots, or she may have an agenda all her own that we aren't yet aware of.  It sure will be interesting to find out though.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 95#95 waterlilybarb's post

It does seem like the Widmore vs. Ben saga is a continuation of the Hostiles vs. Dharma Initiative war...I am very curious to see what the "event" was to change the entire history of the island.

Was Sayid on the list of people at that time?  I thought it was Michael, who brought Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer to the Others.  Then, Hurley was sent back and Michael was allowed to leave the island.  So, it's possible that Ben did forget Sayid, but not the others who worked for Dharma.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 97#97 desertdarlene's post

You're right, he wasn't on that original list, he ended up going with Locke and Rousseau, I just remembered.

Dead is Dead

I'm not going to say much yet, seeing that most won't have had a chance to see the episode yet, but from this episode, it looks like Ben didn't kill Penny, and we got to see Desmond kick the crap out of him. YAY!  I sure hope that he didn't somehow get a chance to kill her (in a scene we haven't yet seen).

Dead is Dead was great!  I think a lot of things were explained in this episode.  I can't wait for I wonder what is going on with Alana and those other guys on the small island in the present.  I know the answer to that question "What's in the shadow of the statue".  I think the answer is either the "Temple" or the "wheel".  But, why did they ask that question?
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Reply 100#100 desertdarlene's post

I want to know how they knew to pose the question in the first place.  That definitely put a new spin on what they were doing there.  

So much else was answered - I just don't have time today to go into it, but I'm sure I'll post again before next week's episode.

Reply 100#100 desertdarlene's post

I think they may be working for Widmore and need that answer to the question for him for some reason, but I'm not sure (obviously..this is Lost we're talking about!).

A note I read on thelostdiary.com was that the hyroglyphics shown in the temple were of the smoke monster with Anubis, the Egyptian god of death who later became the gatekeeper of death. So, more Egyptian clues, for whatever that's worth.

I liked this episode a lot overall, and I do think we learned quite a lot. The only part I really disliked was the smoke monster's judgement of Ben..a little on the cheesy side don't you think? Though, it was good to see Alex again wasn't it!?

I don't think a lot of huge questions came out of this episode for me, it was one of the rare ones when more questions were answered than created!
Recent Ratings

Ok so this episode is all about Miles. I think his father sent them away to protect them. What does lay in the shadow of the statue? The light, head for the light,

Well, at least we got some answers, such as why Miles was asking for 3.2 million from Ben.  It makes sense now.

Also, he seemed to "read" from that dead guy that he was on his way to giving Widmore some evidence of hanky panky by Ben (or whomever) regarding the staged Oceanic Airlines plane found on the bottom of the ocean.  Or, maybe he was bringing Widmore confirmation that the work that he (Widmore) had wanted to be done was actually done.

I'm glad that Miles got to see his dad with his baby self.  I think it gave him a new perspective that his father was very loving towards him and his mother.

Someone on another site seemed to suggest that the people who kidnapped Miles may be a third force in regards to the island and not related to Widmore or Ben at all.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 4-16-2009 09:34 ]
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Reply 104#104 desertdarlene's post

That might add an interesting twist actually, since this Ben vs. Widmore story is getting clearer (or seemingly) with each episode. A third force would spice it up!

I liked this episode because it was the first time I actually liked Miles! All the other episodes he was in, I found him really annoying. It was good to see these other sides of him, and he and Hurley do bring out the best in each other =)

I wonder how Sawyer's going to deal with the videotape and the Dharma guy knowing it was him who took Ben. I wonder how long before Ben will come back too.

Oh, and how cool that Faraday popped out of that sub at the end there!?

Here is what I think Sawyer will do, Kill dude or run him off to the others. erase the tape. Tell everyone it was this guy who kidnapped Ben and gave him to the others. he of course will offer to negotiate to get Ben back.

Just my theory.

That's an interesting theory.

I am still wondering, though, why they offered Miles 1.6 million dollars.  I mean, that's an odd number to offer.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 107#107 desertdarlene's post

oh you like to dig deep girl. I agree that is odd.

Reply 108#108 gabsimom's post

Haha!

I agree Darlene, that is an odd number. An unpaid debt perhaps between Widmore and Ben?

Reply 107#107 desertdarlene's post

Just a thought, but 1.6 million goes along with the numbers popping up...16 being one of the numbers.

Reply 110#110 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, that's what I thought, it flows with the "numbers" as does 3.2 and 32.

I was just on Facebook where this guy just couldn't connect what the 3.2 million had to do with Ben.  Is that part really that hard to understand?  I thought it was obvious.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 111#111 desertdarlene's post

It was, and I (like you) thought when I heard Miles' response to Bram that we now know why he wanted such an unusual amount from Ben.

Reply 112#112 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, that's what people tried to explain to this guy, but he insists that Ben and Miles were never alone.  But, I seem to remember them bringing Miles from the boathouse to Ben and Miles shouted that thing about the 3.2 million before they took him away.  

I don't know about Facebook as it seems like every time I participate in a forum over there, I get some jerk nutcase all over me for something stupid.  I think I'll stick to this forum.
Too legit to quit!

Thread