Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Lost: Biggest Shockers!

Reply 113#113 desertdarlene's post

I've never checked out any forums on FB.  I read other Lost sites and comments (usually not all the member comments) but I find it more fun to try and figure it out myself - with you all.   

BTW, I totally missed Wednesday this week (so busy packing) but was glad to be reminded that there wasn't a new episode, so I didn't miss anything.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 115#115 waterlilybarb's post

I on the other hand didn't know it wasn't a new episode and was very disappointed, to say the least! I guess this one's going to be a Biggee episode if they postponed it to play during sweeps' week huh?

Reply 116#116 studiojek's post

I think they held it back because there are only 3 new episodes left this season...plus, it's time for the hockey playoffs, so maybe that factors in as well.

Reply 117#117 waterlilybarb's post

THere were probably several reasons why they held it back, but the article I read (forget where now though) said it was mainly for sweeps. Though I admittedly have no idea how sweeps work, why they work or what they are!

watching episode 1-5

Wow i finally catching up i avoid all spoilers and all discussion i have say each year the show get more interesting and confusing at the same time. time-travel is going confused a lot viewers for one reason there so many events happen it's impossible to figure what going on so I'm enjoying for it's content and am not going predict put any theories because the show is great as it is because it's unpredictable which makes very watchable. i like explain how island moved.

First 10 episode

Well i went further than expected i was only planning to watch the first 5 but ended up watching 10 episode and here are my thought i felt the time-travel situation was interesting and enjoyable to watch for few episode due to fact we didn't know what was going happen from one moment to the next than when Lock stop it i thought it was good but they are stuck in 1977 with Darma and i like how Sawyer got into his role as a worker and him and Juliet do make a good couple i think she only women he could fall for while kate was off the island,  i mean all they have been thought creates a bond but what was more interesting how present of Jack,Kate,Sun,Sayid and Hurley in future coincides with the 1977 version of the island you really don't know where they are going but you hope it go somewhere.

The ending of episode 10 Sayid shot Ben was a bit surprise because Ben on the island so what happens to him?. does he disappear or does he still exist?

i really hope Kate doesn't get in the way Sawyer and juliet relationship same goes for jack.

only 3 more episode left-catch up next Sunday   

[ Last edited by bala at 4-26-2009 20:12 ]
Recent Ratings

Reply 120#120 bala's post

Whenever I get caught up on Lost, I know it's going to be a marathon -- even if I tell myself "ok, I'll watch 1 episode today and another tomorrow", I KNOW I will end up eating them all up immediately!!

New episode (sorry - too tired to look up the title)

Was anyone else just as unsurprised as I that Widmore is Daniel's father?  I don't know why, but I've had a sneaking suspicion of it, and that he didn't know.  I don't think he'll be dead - though I could be very wrong.  At least we now know he wasn't being reckless with his girlfriend/assistant - he thought she'd be OK since he had tried the experiment on himself first.  Reaffirmed for me that he is one of the good guys...or at least trying to be.  Another character with parental isues though - did we really need another (unless that's going to be the link that ties everything together).

Sawyer looks like he'd really like to hold together what he & Juliet have, but it seems that she's pulling back from it.  Interesting role reversal there.

Eloise showing up at Des' hospital was a bit strange.

Anyhoo - I'm offline until Monday, but I'm interested in what everyone else thought.

I was a bit unsurprised too as I had my suspisions of Farady as well.  Ok wouldn't just suck if they ended everything with them setting the Atom Bomb off and suddenly a time zip no crash no Island Mystery.

Reply 123#123 gabsimom's post

i thought bomb went off killing all workers?

Just a thought what if Charles Raped Eloise and that was how Daniel was conceived? And this whole thing has been a war between the 2 and knowing her present self could not kill Daniel she sent him knowing her past self would all out of hate for Charles.

Reply 125#125 gabsimom's post

Ooh!  Cool theory.  I haven't had a chance to read any of the sites I usually do re: Lost, so it's nice to hear someone's idea of what could have happened.

Reply 122#122 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, I wasn't too surprised either -- the "reveals" in this episode were sort of let-downs, though I did really like the episode overall. And, yes, yet another problematic parent-child relationship...it is interesting to me though to think that there is some link between the later inability of women to have babies on the island and everyone's problems with their own parents.

It does seem like Juliet is the one backing off from Sawyer - it happened the instant Sawyer referred to Kate directly as "Freckles." I think she knows deep down that as long as they are on that island and Kate is around, she will always be unsure of what Sawyer's thinking/wanting.

So, just a question, the "Major Event" that changed the island forever, we now know that it's the creation of the hatch? I was a little confused about that.

Reply 127#127 studiojek's post

I'm not sure, but I thought it was more catastrophic, like them setting off the bomb or something.  Though, it can't be that in particular because it was buried where the hatch is being installed.  Hopefully we'll find out for sure in the couple episodes left this season.

Omg, omg, omg!  Locke is going to try to kill Jacob?!

And, I gotta work next Wednesday and it's an extended episode, so I might miss the first half hour or so.  I hope it doesn't confuse me when I watch the rest of it next week after getting home.
Too legit to quit!

OK, now that I've thought about it, I have some thoughts about Jacob.  For one, I wonder if Jacob actually exists.  This isn't a new thought for me and even John thought that it was just Ben and his manipulative self.  But, I'm not too sure about that as there seemed to be a figure in the chair that one time when Ben and Locke visited the "cabin".  Also, Christian seemed to indicate that Jacob existed, too.

Another thought about Jacob is that he has been keeping the island forces suppressed.  That is why John heard "help me" when he was in Jacob's cabin.  It's possible that Ben hears Jacob while John hears the island and it is the island that is asking for help.

I sure hope I don't miss anything by not seeing the first 20 or so minutes next week.
Too legit to quit!

wow The Island asking for help. I love it!

Did anyone ever hear about the explanation of what the numbers mean?  I guess it has to do with the Venzetti equation.  Around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis, I guess there was a prediction based on this equation that the world would end in 27 years.  So, those numbers have something to do with changing the equation.  Well, either the prediction was wrong or using those numbers did something because I think that would mean the world should have ended in 1988, which it didn't.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 130#130 desertdarlene's post

I love that idea, that Ben hears Jacob and Locke hears the island!

This was a great episode in my mind -- lots of suspense, good dialogue, a few small questions answered and other new ones brought up.

I was totally shocked (in a good way!) that it was LOCKE who told Richard to tell Locke he was going to have to die in order to come back. Wow. Like, that's just...I can't quite wrap my mind around it LOL!

I also happen to believe that everything that's happening right now has already happened. I mean, the fact that Faraday died, that Jack and Kate were there to get the bomb, etc. Then something happened to make them forget. This time, either they will be looped back into that same thing happening once agian to make them forget, or else Jack will succeed in Faraday's mission and the finale of the show next year will be everyone's past 4 years being cancelled out. I can already see the last episode being flight 815 landing in LA and everyone getting on with their lives, never having known or remember having known each other.

Ahhh my mind is spinning!!! LOL!

Thread