Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Right now, I am just too confused about whats going on LOL There is so much new stuff coming through that I haven't had time to sort it all out in my head and form a theory or opinion on this. It's definitely keeping me interested, which was something I was worried about this season.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

OH MY GOODNESS!  Tonight's episode was AWESOME!  I miss my old roommate...we used to watch it together.  Now, it's just me talking to the TV screen, yelling...NO, and I KNEW IT! LOL

Any theories as to why Sayid was so interested in Naomi's body?  

Since it hasn't aired on the site yet, I don't want to give too much away, but, man...that was good.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I haven't seen the episode, yet, but I can't wait.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 23#23 desertdarlene's post

You'll love it Darlene.  It's getting really good.    

So glad the strike is over, because we'll get 13 episodes this season now.  I can't wait until next week to find out what happens next.

Reply 22#22 waterlilybarb's post

I concur, that was an excellent episode. I'm dying to see what, or who is on the freighter, that should be interesting. Also, I was surprised to see, how far Ben goes, in the future. Although, he doesn't seem to have, changed his ways, eh?

I thought the season, was 23 or so episodes. Do you mean, now they'll have time to tape the rest, before the 13 are aired

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 2-14-2008 22:55 ]

Reply 25#25 gypsiegirl66's post

They already had 8 done before the strike, so they only have to write and film 5 more episodes for the rest of this season.  I don't think we'll have the repeat-free season we were supposed to have though.  I know they have said the production time is longer on this show than for most, one reason being that everything is shot on location, and much is outdoors, which leaves them at the mercy of the weather.  It also takes more time in post-production, making sure the continuity is right and, they have new music composed for every episode.  Thankfully we're only up to episode 3, so that gives them 5 or 6 weeks before a new one is due.  I'm sure they'll have a couple ready by then, at least.

Aaaaargh!  

The show started alright, but then the screen went haywire!  It had a big line in the middle and then started  "flipping" sideways.  I couldn't see anything!  It was on the station or network side, not my TV (which I have 2 that were doing the same thing).  But, I was able to hear everything and I did see, clearly,  the last 5 or 10 minutes.  I'm going to re-watch it on the computer because I know there's stuff that I missed.

I do wonder how Sayid and Ben ended up with the relationship that they did.  Everyone seems to have gone crazy since leaving the island.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 27#27 desertdarlene's post

What a drag!  I hate when things like that happen.

I definitely agree, it does seem like everyone who left the island has lost their mind.  I'll be interested to find out why.

New Lost The Economist Episodes Your Veiws

This episode revolved all around Syed who is my favourite character but it was a bit weird at the end when we found out he was working for Ben. I am bit a confused now just wanted to see what your views/thoughts were on this episode.
SUPERNATURAL BEST TV SERIES EVER!!!!

Reply 1#1 usmania's post

I think that the economist might be someone who was behind the whole Darma thing that put the original inhabitants on the island.  
I think the whole deal with Syed and Ben is weird and I hope they explain it a lot more as the series goes on and not leave it as a lingering storyline until late on in the series

Reply 2#2 slade01's post

I agree with you there slade01.
SUPERNATURAL BEST TV SERIES EVER!!!!

So who are the 6? Are there only 6 alive? This is what I have been thinking about.
We have Kate, Jack, Hurley, and Sayid so far right? That leaves two more? Argh I almost wish I could just stop myself from watching so I could see the whole season at one time!
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

And, we have Ben, too, but I don't know if he qualifies as part of the 6 because I think he could always get off the island when he needed to.

Did anyone noticed the experiment with the rockets (payload) that Faraday did?  There seems to be some kind of time distortion going on there with the two clocks.  I kinda expected something like this.  I would like to know more about that experiment.  I know the island has a connection with a strong magnetic field and I also wonder about it being "out of phase" or something like that, too.  Maybe I'm just thinking too hard.  
Too legit to quit!

Reply 30#30 desertdarlene's post

If you're thinking too hard, then my brain is about to explode.   That experiment was fascinating, but it just added to my growing list of questions.  I don't know exactly what my theory is regarding the time distortion...whether they are living somewhere that times moves slower (which would explain Richard's appearance), or if the island is in a slightly different dimension..."out of phase".  Too many questions!

As for Ben, since he wasn't on the plane, I don't think he would be considered one of the "Oceanic 6".  It will be interesting to see who the other 2 are.  Since in Desmond's vision Claire and Aaron got off the island, I think she may be one of them, but am not sure if Aaron would count since he was born on the island and wasn't on the flight manifest.  Maybe only Aaron survives, and is who Kate is taking care of.  Again...my brain is about to explode.

Reply 31#31 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I mentioned Ben.  It dawned on me that he wasn't on the plane, the same with Desmond and Aaron, too.  I wish they would move the storyline a little faster.
Too legit to quit!

1. 8/10 episode
2. I would have liked the twist at the end to be someone other than Ben, maybe Charles Widmore or Abbadon or someone
3. Sayid, not Syed

[b]Episode 4x4 - EGGTOWN[/b]
Whoooo. What were our relavations there? Kate is taking care of Aaron. Everyone thinks Aaron is hers. Jack is upset about Aaron and Kate. The story they are telling the world about the crash and its aftermath is far different from reality.

So why is Jack so upset?
Why did they make up the story?
Why are there only 8 "survivors?" Did they say 8 survivors? Did the rest stay behind away from the world?
Is Claire dead? I can't see her letting her baby go if she isn't.

We still don't know who the other two are.
E. E. Cummings

Reply 37#37 silver1978's post

Another great, if confusing, episode.

I figured, when Kate started talking about her son, that it was Aaron. (see my #34 from last week)

I have no idea what is going on with regard to the story they're telling.  
Jack did say there were only 8 survivors, and said that Kate saved 6 lives.  I'm assuming Claire is either dead or still on the island, but more probably - dead.  
I think by the time we see Jack so upset (as in last season's finale) it is quite a while after they have returned, and he needs to go back.  I think that they must have left people behind...maybe because some of them chose to stay on the island.  

What was with Miles trying to extort Ben?  I thought the main idea was to bring him back to their boss.

How about Sun wanting to go back to Korea?  I know it's home, but her father is one scary man.  I wouldn't want to bring my child into a potentially dangerous situation, especially after the ordeal of surviving on this strange island for 3+ months.

And I was hoping to find out at least one other member of the Oceanic 6.  But they may be saving that reveal for a while.

It gets more confusing every week.  I bet the conspiracy theorists are LOVING it.

The next episode looks very interesting.  I am beginning to really think that there's some kind of time distortion going on here.   Also, it looked to me that Aaron is a Down's syndrome baby, am I the only one who noticed that?  Perhaps something happened when they returned that changed him.  Maybe he aged too rapidly.  He seemed to be able to speak really well, but still looked like a baby.

Did anyone else noticed that Jack said there were only 8 survivors?  So, who were the other two?  I assume the story they told were that they died during or after the crash.  Maybe there really were only 8 survivors left by the time they left the island.  But, then, why would Ben be recruiting Sayid to "protect his friends"?

This was an awesome episode and the next one looks really good, too.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 39#39 desertdarlene's post

You weren't the only one seeing things Darlene.  I thought Aaron looked like he had Down's syndrome at first too, but at closer inspection...not so much.  I haven't yet figured out how long they are supposed to be off the island, so it's hard to say how old Aaron is.

I'm curious about the other 2 survivors as well.  Jack said only 8 people survived the crash, and he said the Marshall died in the crash, so he's just a big old liar all around.

I was a little bummed, because I taped the show and watched it today.  The previews for next week's episode got cut off.   I hate when that happens, but am grateful I didn't miss any of the actual show.

Thread