Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 89#89 bala's post

Obviously Widmore is who Jacob was warning about.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 90#90 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah but why is coming to the island?

Reply 91#91 bala's post

He was once the leader of the Others, but was banished from the Island (for breaking the rules) and has been trying to find a way back.  Remember, he was the one that sent the freighter that blew up.  

Reply 92#92 waterlilybarb's post

thanks i really didn't know that i know who he is but i never understood why he wanted to find the island.

Reply 88#88 gypsiegirl66's post

Get well soon =(

There were lots of things I liked about this episode, though it did have me wondering if they're really going to be able to settle everything and answer all the questions by the end of the season, without having to rush it. THese past two episodes seem to have had a really slow pace, am I right?

It's good to see that flash-sideways Ben is a good man. He gave up everything for Alex - which is what he didn't do when he let her die on the island. Interesting that he and his father had been to the island and the Dharma Initiative in the flash-sideways...more hints as to what maybe had been the deciding factor of what makes the two realities different. It can't be the bomb, because Ben's father had already become an alcoholic at that point in the other universe.

The scene between Richard and Jack was pretty intense - of course we all knew it wasn't going to go off, but I thought Richard would stop it. Jacob's presence is still there, doesn't really matter if he's dead or not!

Interesting that Richard said that he'd been given his gift of immortality when "Jacob touched him."  Jacob didn't directly touch some of the Losties - Kate, Sawyer, Jack, Hurley...he gave them all objects. He did directly touch Sun and Jin...but maybe the "Kwon" he was referring to is their daughter since he didn't touch her personally but touched her parents? But Locke..he did touch him didn't he?

Anyway, just some thoughts...as always, with Lost!
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 for Lost participation 4-14-2010 22:59

Recon

i liked this Sawyer episode it was nice to see him as a cop it really suited him so he has a plan which i can't wait to see how it starts it, it's a good plan  
Recent Ratings

Reply 95#95 bala's post

I enjoyed it too, but found it curious that Miles was his partner. He also mentioned that his father (who we know is the guy from the Dharma tapes - can't remember his name at the moment) worked at the museum, so he (the father) had to leave the Island too, unless he never participated in the Dharma Initiative in this reality.

I haven't read the EW article or thelostdiary yet, so there might be some ideas there that I haven't though of.

Feeling pretty awful, so I'm outta here for now.

Reply 96#96 waterlilybarb's post

I hadn't put much thought into fact Miles was his partner but your right that was an intresting partnership eventually he did come clean to him about the file. Still would a better place keep that file be in a safe rather a drawer.

Ab Aeterno

So this episode filled the gaps as how Alberto came to island .

Reply 98#98 bala's post

I think you mean Richard. LOL!  It definitely filled in some gaps though. Now we know how the statue got broken, and that he was a slave on The Black Rock.  We also know (kind of) how the ship wound up in the middle of the Island - though how it stayed intact after that crash is beyond me.  

I think my favourite scene was when Jacob & the MIB were sitting on the beach and talking.  i don't trust either of them, but it's interesting.  

And that episode put us at the half-way point for the final season.

Reply 99#99 waterlilybarb's post

yes i was look at title thinking that was his name

Reply 100#100 bala's post

I figured as much.

Reply 101#101 waterlilybarb's post

i don't understand one thing if jacob is dead why can't he get off the island ?
Recent Ratings

I really liked the episode about Richard and it did explain a few things.

I was talking on another forum and someone mentioned that the analogy of the island being a cap on a bottle to keep the smoke monster from leaving is very interesting.  Someone else mentioned that the island may not only keep a cap on the underworld, but may also keep heaven in place.  Jacob could be something like Saint Peter at the Gate and the MIB could be like Cerberus, one of the gate-keepers of the underworld.  Or, some could say that Jacob was like Anubis and MIB is Cerberus in Egyptian mythology.  They were also at odds with each other sometimes.

Also, the smashing of the capped wine bottle by MIB may signify that he was going to get off the island if he had to destroy it (or the underworld) to do it.

Did anyone notice that Jacob sent Richard to give MIB a white rock?  Did anyone notice that when Flocke and Sawyer were in the cave there were black and white rocks on a scale and Locke threw one of the white ones out saying that "it was an inside joke".  I think when Jacob gave MIB the stone, he was saying that the balance had shifted in favor of the "light".  When Flocke threw out a white one on the scales, he was essentially saying that the balance had shifted in favor of  the "dark".

I have a theory about Hurley.  I think the people he sees are those who have made it to heaven.   I believe some people are sensitive to that more than others.  

It bothered me, in this episode, that Jacob didn't tell Richard that his sins had been already been forgiven (by Christ) or that he didn't commit a sin because the death of the doctor was an accident.  But, maybe the producers didn't want to make the episode all "preachy religious" that way.  It also shows that Jacob was not a Christian.
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Reply 103#103 desertdarlene's post

RE: your last paragraph - I also noted that Jacob said he could not resurrect Richard's wife (along with something else - my head hurts & memory is fuzzy ATM), thus showing he is not all powerful or Christ-like.

The light & dark has  been a running theme since the show's beginning.  I noticed the rocks too - and how Jacob & MIB seemed to be keeping score as to who had more power at any given time.

Bala: do you mean why can't MIB leave the Island since Jacob is dead?  If so, apparently there are rules, and, though Jacob is dead, he still has representatives on the Island.

Reply 104#104 waterlilybarb's post

Yes i was refer MIB .

Reply 104#104 waterlilybarb's post

I don't think Jacob is Christ-like, but Non-Christian because Christians tend to know that their sins are absolved through Christ and a Christian (at least a non-Catholic one) would have said that.  That's what kinda bugged me as a Pentecostal.

Then again, Richard was Catholic and believed he must do penance to be forgiven and Jacob could have been along the same beliefs.  But, I think they minimized this whole subject so not to give the show an obviously overt religious theme.

I don't mean to start a religious discussion, so I will leave it at that.
Too legit to quit!

The Package

I really like this episode, Jin and sun episode are always interesting to watch.  So I love overlap with Sayid episode few weeks back it fill the gaps. I completely forgot Sun had a kid but Jin isn't the father that other guy is unless i am mistaken.
Recent Ratings

Reply 107#107 bala's post

But we now know from the hotel reservation and his kidnapping that it's Jin's name on the list
Recent Ratings

Reply 108#108 codebreaker's post

yeah but the question now is what is he going to do about it ?

Will he turn against Flocke or will he find a way to be with Sun?.

Thread