Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

[ Last edited by bala at 2-23-2008 15:04 ]

King Bala, did you have something you wanted to mention?  
Too legit to quit!

That was a really good episode. I heard 8 survived but 2 later died. (of injuries) Who are the six. I don't think Ben counts as he can leave when he wants to. Sayid, Hurley, Jack and Kate. Maybe Aaron now too.  I think the boss after Ben is Penny's Father.

Reply 42#42 desertdarlene's post

He tried to put up the video of next week's promo but it didn't work.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

What "side effects" ?

GAH!

I definitely think there is some sort of Time Lag on the island. Do you remember when the shot the thing from the boat an it took something like 30 minutes to get there, instead of 2/3?!! So there is something in that.

I guessed that Aaron was the baby too, but why would that upset Jack so much? Obviously something happened. Maybe we are assuming that the rest stayed behind, but maybe they actually all died?! I can't see Claire giving Aaron over willingly.

At the beginning I thought that Kate might be pregnant and that's why she left the island (because of the whole dying thing !!) but obviously that's not where they were going with why she left.

You have to ask why did Kate leave the Island after Myles told her what he told her. Logically you'd assume she'd stay, but something must have happened to make her leave.

More questions than answers !!

The Constant - Episode 4 x 5

WOW!  That's all I have to say.  What a GREAT episode!  I don't even know where to begin.

First, the confirmation and explanation of the time-travel Desmond has experienced is a really nice reward for all of us who have been so patient.  His phone reunion with Penny was lovely.  I got a little teary.

Then there was Charles Widmore...buying the BLACK ROCK journal at an auction.  The owner of the journal?  None other than Tovard HANSO.  Not sure how he's related, but must certainly be a relative of our old friend Alvar Hanso...founder of the Hanso Foundation, and major funder of The Dharma Initiative.  Cool!  Very nice tie in with the two characters.  

Now for some questions.  Who opened the sick bay door?  We know Ben has a spy on the boat, and I've read some speculations as to who it may be.  One theory, which actually makes sense to me, is that it's Michael.  Harold Perrineau has been listed in the main credits since the season started, yet we haven't seen him yet.  It seems quite plausible that he could be on that boat.  And knowing as we do, through the flashforwards in previous episodes, once people leave the island they seem inexplicably (for now at least) drawn back to it and/or Ben.

Another question I have...considering the closing shot on Faraday's journal...is, is he stuck in time?  If so, for how long has it been going on?  Should he have been wearing protection on his head while doing all those experiments with radiation?  The answer to that last question is rhetorical, since that's just common sense...yes he should.

I can't think of any others at the moment, but can't wait to hear what the rest of you think.  Absolutely my favourite episode this season, so far.

Reply 47#47 waterlilybarb's post

Yes indeed this was an emotional episode!!!  I was a bit teared up myself at the end of this one too. Desmond and Penny's reunion was so, overwhelming and realistic.

Yes, I think that it could be Michael on the boat, that has been my thoughts anyway. We haven't seen anyone else, that is off the island, to have the motives to bring Ben down.

As far as Faraday, is he stuck in time, I don't know, I'm not sure how this whole time travel works. I  was thinking that he wrote that, when he met Desmond, just in case he got in the same situation. You make a good point though, ok head really now!!

I am really wishing, this was a full season, there's only three more episodes left and then a BIG cliffhanger.    

Wow, I really enjoyed that episode.  I didn't think of Michael being Ben's agent on the boat, but I think it definitely makes sense!  

I hope it didn't confuse anyone who is not following closely.  On other sites, I've been hearing people say that they are so confused with that show before this season started.  I've never had a problem following the show, though.  

That was such a fun episode.  Next week, it's going to be Juliette's turn.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 48#48 gypsiegirl66's post

At least they're coming back with 5 more episodes for this season in the spring.  It could have been worse...we could have had to wait another year for any new episodes.

Reply #49 desertdarlene's post

I haven't found it hard to follow either, but I like the complexity of the show, and the style of it's story telling.  

Juliette's episode should be good, but my favourites so far in the series have been Desmond's & Locke's episodes.  Though each character is interesting, for some reason, I find the stories of these two the most fascinating to watch unfold.

Hi Lost watchers! I waited until I was all caught up on all the seasons before coming into the forum, for fear of learning something I didn't want to know!

Here are some of the points I've been pondering:

1. The bracelet that Sayid took off Naomi was engraved from "R.G."  Then we saw that same bracelet was on Elsa's wrist...?

2. I also thought that Aaron looked a little off, like he had Down's or was unusually large...but he's always sort of been exceptionally large (LOL Charlie called him 'turnip-head'). I'm not sure a baby of that age could 'act' sick though, because right after he was fine.

3. When Kate goes to meet Jack at the airport, she says she doesn't have much time to talk because "he'll ask where she is." Was she talking about Aaron?

4. I think the picture Miles has of Ben is from an airport, it looked like he was going through security. I also think that Miles' request for '3.2 million dollars' was a code. Maybe Ben and the boat are actually working together?

5. I think the man who claimed to be an Oceanic lawyer (but was actually Naomi's boss) asked if they 'were still alive' because he found out their story about only being 8 survivors (the story Jack told at Kate's trial) wasn't true.

6. One theory I have about the man in the coffin is that it was Sawyer (much as it breaks my heart to say so!). Just a hunch.

Ok, that's it (well, not really, but asking all the questions and not answering any is making my brain explode too!!).

Thoughts?

Reply 51#51 studiojek's post

1. The bracelet is obviously from the same person, but I don't think it's the same one.  Since the episode was entitled The Economist, I'm assuming R.G. is the economist who Naomi and Elsa both worked for.  Maybe Richard...our ageless man, is R.G.

4. I don't think Miles and Ben are working together, but Ben definitely has someone on the boat as a spy.  Why Miles wants specifically 3.2 million is still a mystery to me.

5. Matthew Abbadon is the name of the man you are referring to.  I think he already knows the truth about the island and the survivors and asked that to see if anyone would change their story.

6. It's possible, but the obit said the man who died was survived by a teenage son.  Sawyer has a young daughter , but no sons we're aware of, so I don't think it's him.  I think it might be Michael.  

Reply 52#52 waterlilybarb's post

1. Yes, definitely possible. He's the only "R" we know of right now anyway.

6. Yes, Michael is definitely a possiblity now that I think about it. Or maybe Ben or Locke, maybe they have sons we'll find about later!?

Man, I am such a conspiracy theorist LOL!!

Wow, I'm in bits after that episode. What are we like?!! I totally welled up when Desmond and Penny were talking. Awh, so lovely.

I haven't much more to add than has already been said, but this season gets better and better.

I am so happy with this Desmond episode. And Penny's dad is Mr. Meade!

Reply 55#55 SirAlain's post

I'm a little stumped.  Is Mr. Meade a character from another show?

Reply 56#56 waterlilybarb's post

He's in Ugly Better. Daniel's & Alexa's Father. He was also Jim in Neighbours (Aussie Soap) and he was in the OC.

So Dr. Harper has some kind of power too? Just like Richard?

I'm wondering if Ben has something like what Desmond has in terms of being able to see the future.  Juliette said something about it when she found Goodwin dead, she said:  "You knew this would happen!" and was mad that he could have stopped it, but didn't.

I think the likelihood that Michael is Ben's agent on the boat is good, especially when he told Locke to "sit down" when he was about to tell him who it was.   That meant that Locke had to know who he was going to mention.  Of course, they didn't reveal that to the audience.

The fact that Widmore may be the one financing the boat is interesting because when the big magnetic blow up (the blue beam that turned the sky purple) happened, Penny got some kind of strange call about it a couple of seasons back.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 59#59 desertdarlene's post

I finally got to watch this episode and was a slightly underwhelmed.  Other than finding out Widmore is the boss and owner of the boat it didn't feel very satisfying, especially compared to last week's episode.  I'm assuming Widmore is "The Economist" that Sayid was trying to kill.  There were also more allusions to his ties with the Hanso Foundation, ie: the map Faraday had of the island.  It must have been from the Black Rock journal he purchased at the auction.

I don't think Ben can see into the future.  I think Juliette meant that Ben's entire reason for sending Goodwin out there was to get him killed.  He's proving to be even creepier than I already knew him to be.  Do you think he still has some kind of power over Juliette, or was she just warning Jack that getting close to her is dangerous?

Reply 58#58 SirAlain's post

As for Dr. Harper Stanhope, I don't think she has any powers.  I have a strong feeling that the people we see, who disappear as quickly as they appeared, are involved in time travel research.  From what we learned in "The Constant", time on the island is running at a different pace than everywhere else.  It's highly possible that the Others have been able to learn how to use this to their advantage.  Their appearances from seemingly nowhere can be explained by their being unstuck in time.  This could also explain the whispers in the jungle.  They could be residual voices from the time outside of the island catching up to island time.

OK, I guess this episode was more interesting than I originally thought.

Thread