Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 92#92 SirAlain's post

I would not be to sure....I don't think anyone that belongs on the island can truly die. I am sure some weird twist will be revealed. I believe that Ben was thinking the same thing, when he said go ahead shoot her, he thought she could not be killed. "THE RULES HAVE CHANGED"......so either thats true, and now you can die, or he somehow they will be alive again somewhere.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

I'm so happy that Jack and Katie are together in the future..
Love is Patient.. Love is Kind

**SPOILER ALERT** Lost - 4x11 - Cabin Fever

OK boys and girls, this weeks episode was a doozy!  Tired of the flash forwards?  That's aright, because this week we get some interesting & (sort of) revealing flashbacks.

This is a Locke-centric episode, which are always good.  I'll refrain from saying anymore until the rest of you have had a chance to see it.  All I'll say is "Holy Crap!"  That was good!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

OK, I've waited, and the show has been on the site all day, so here goes.

This episode ROCKED!  As I said, I love the Locke-centric episodes, and this one did not disappoint.  It looks as if Locke was destined for that island from the time he was born!  How the heck is that possible, except for the time travel theory that's been floating around?  And who did we see at the hospital when John was a newborn but our (not so) old friend Richard!  Then again when he was 6, and another offer form him as a young nerdy teen!  How the heck is that possible?!  I loved when John was 6 and Richard came to see him at his adopted families home.  The items he put before him and the option to choose the item that already belonged to him - what did little John pick?  Just the knife!  Creepy, but apt - though it sent Richard packing, saying that he chose wrong.  Curious?  I'll need to check the Easter Eggs, because I'm curious about that comic book!  For one thing, it put me in mind of Walt.  if the island can choose people from birth, it seems a fair bet that Walt was one of the chosen ones...at least in my eyes.

Next he met the oh so creepy Matthew Abaddon, who is his orderly(?) while he's in rehab after his fall.  Abaddon is the one who tells John to go on the walkabout in Australia, and tells him of his own experience - going thinking he was one thing, and coming out another.  Weird again.

But those things don't even compare with the rest of the strangeness of the episode.  I like Hurley's theory that the reason they can see the cabin is that they're the craziest people on the island.   Makes about as much sense as anything else so far.

Earlier we had Locke dreaming of Horace Goodspeed in the process of building the cabin.  He tells Locke that he's been dead for 12 years, and there's not even a batted eyelash at that revelation.  He tells Locke to find him if he wants to find Jacob.  What does Locke do upon awaking?  He leads his little band to the mas grave of Dharma bodies, digs through the carcasses, and finds a map to Jacob's cabin in Horace's pocket.  Creepy!

Off we go again.  Once they reach the cabin  John goes in alone, and finds - CHRISTIAN SHEPHARD?!  We knew he was there before, since Hurley had seen him when he 1st saw the cabin, but now Christian tells John that he can speak in Jacob's behalf.  What's going on?  Is Christian really dead or what?  The next thing we see is someone else in the shadows.  Who can it be?  None other than CLAIRE!  She's certainly not looking herself.  She has an odd creepy smile on her face and seems perfectly content where she is.  Is she dead?  I don't know, but I guess we know why Kate has Aaron in the future.  Anyway, Locke asks Christian what Jacob wants him to do.  When he returns to Hurley and Ben he tells them his mission - Jacob only wants him to MOVE THE ISLAND!?  And here I was expecting something difficult.   

That's my take on Cabin Fever - and that's not even including what went down on the freighter (which was equally cool)!  I'm telling you - this show is awesome!  There are always more questions than answers, and it seems like no episode is long enough to satisfy our curiosity, but it keeps us sucked into the crazy vortex of the Lost world, ready to theorize with the best of them as to what's really going on on this show, and in the writer's minds.

I can't wait to hear what everyone else thought!

Reply 2#2 waterlilybarb's post

I'm with you Barb, this episode was awesome as is LOST in general! And it is true in name and in fact: I am LOST indeed! LOL!

Wow. OMG. Amazing! Loved this episode, though I am like obsessively trying to piece together what it is I think happened during it LOL!

First and foremost, a little theorizing here: Locke and Ben, brothers? Father: Richard-the-Creepy? Or else half-brothers, both with Richard as a father but different mothers, both named Emily? Both Emilys were very sure of what their children HAD TO be named, Benjamin and John, under strict instructions apparently of someone.

And John picking the knife instead of the book of laws - I assume he was supposed to pick the book of laws from the way the camera was panning. And the pic that childhood John drew of Smokie! Now, these are all objects that, according to Richard, have *already* belonged to him - like, in a previous recarnation? Was he on the island first and then was reborn? HUH? Um, like the doc somehow being dead on the island before he was dead on the ship!

Ok, my head is spinning.

Next:  crreeeeeepy cabin scene with Christian and CREEPY WIGGED OUT CLAIRE! Hmm. And they have to move the island eh?  LOL at the chocolate bar scene between Hurley and Ben. "Destiny is a fickle bitch" - curse words just don't fit well with Ben!

Other notes:

Sort of a stretch in my opinion that the helicopter guy would toss out a bag full of stuff and Jack would weed through it so quickly (wouldn't you stop and look to see if anyting else was of interest!?) and get to the radar and AUTOMATICALLY think they have to follow them? Anyway, just something that kind of bugged me. This whole Keeley storyline is bugging me actually. 'Nuff with the violence, stick with the X-files type The Truth is Out There stories!

Also, on lostdiary someone mentioned the fact that the Dharma Initiative Purge happened 12 years ago, but Rousseau had been on the island for 16 years...somehow that seems odd/important. Someone also pointed out that Keeley and his groupies seem a little too well-armed and violent to have killed Rousseau and Carl with simple dart-gun-thingees...makes more sense that The Others might have hit them with stun-gun type things and then given up Alex to Keeley?

Ok. I've got more but I need to simmer on it =)

Reply 3#3 studiojek's post

I HAVE to agree with you on Ben and the cussing.  It was quite amusing to hear him swear.  It definitely doesn't suit him.   I don't think he and Locke are brothers, though there's definitely something more going on.  Once again, this episode showed LOCKE to be the man of science AND the man of faith.  It's quite a fascinating juxtaposition that they keep throwing in there to keep us on our toes.

Interesting point about the purge and Rousseau's length of time on the island.  That does seem significant.

As for Keamy et al, I didn't suspect them of killing Rousseau & Karl until they showed up with Alex.  Once they did that, it seemed pretty cut & dry, though my initial suspicion was that Ben sent them out there for the Others to get rid of Karl for him.

I'm with you.  I need to simmer some more with this.

Reply 101#101 dognxtdoor's post

Yes, yes. I was also shocked when they showed Tom in 4x28 (Meet Kevin Johnson) because I thought he was dead???

Reply 103#103 SirAlain's post

a lot of that episode was showing what Michael was up to before getting on the freighter, so Tom would have been killed shortly after his appearance on the mainland...though how he travelled so quickly continuing mystery.

Reply 104#104 waterlilybarb's post

Ohhh that's right, I remember now. Thanks!

Possible Spoilers!!!

I just finished watching 4x11 ( Cabin Fever) and Im getting annoyed who Richard really is. And the "Haitian". And Claire was sooo creepy. *shudders*

Reply 105#105 SirAlain's post

Check out this week's episode discussion here.  I merge the previous weeks into this one before posting a new thread for each week.  We'd love to hear your thoughts, as we've got some pretty good theories ourselves.  I think we're all as crazy as Locke, Hurley & Ben.

The test with Locke, I think was one that he failed only because he did not choose the items that related to the island, he went against his instincts and drew the knife, for strength. In contrast to that as a young boy perhaps Ben had chosen differently which is why he was brought to the island at that similar age.
I think they are destined to fulfill a path, that can have multiple incomes, and that the hatian and Richard, are out to influence those outcomes.

As for moving the island...I have been stewing about this since yesterday. I think they have to go back down to the room where they used to enter the code. Remember pushing the button released the build up of a large electric magnet under the island. Perhaps that is what used to keep the island moving. When it was not moved, caused the plane to crash into the magnetic field.  I think if they can get that generator back up and running, they can re-locate the island again, that would also help explain why everyone had trouble pin-pointing its location until recently.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 5#5 dognxtdoor's post

Hmm, your theory about moving the island is an interesting one, the only other thing I was comparing it to was how Jacob's cabin seems to keep 'moving', if there's some sort of telepathic thing going on.

As for Locke choosing the knife, we've heard many times in the past that Locke's not the 'hero' he thinks he is...maybe the knife doesn't belong to him because he's not the 'fighter' he aspires to be?

Reply 6#6 studiojek's post

I finally got around to checking out the lostdiary.com.  Great site, but evil girl for giving me somewhere else to read through the endless (and fascinating) comments.

I've read so much now that I'm not sure which are my thoughts and which are someone else's.  **mind reeling with too much input**

As for the knife, it seemed to me when watching the episode that young John chose the knife on purpose, like he knew it wasn't what he was supposed to choose, but rather what he wanted.  It seems to be a recurring theme in Locke's life that he keeps trying to deny who he is.  As a teen he doesn't want to be the "science nerd" and even when he was working at the box factory he played role-playing video games which were war-centric.

In regards to moving the island, that explains what Ben meant when he told Widmore that he would have a hard time finding the island.  I thought, huh, if Widmore's people were there first, then he should know where it is even if it's hidden.  So, that statement explained that a little more.

I also agree with what was said about John denying who he was.  I wondered what the hub-bub was about him choosing the knife and that statement pretty much explains it.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 8#8 desertdarlene's post

That comment to Wildmore does make more sense if you look at it that way darlene...which would mean that Ben already knew what Jacob was going to say to John...And the plot thickens!!!

Barb, LOL about giving you another website! Generally the play-by-play of each episode is hysterical to read, and the comments are very thought-provoking...*just* what we need

How do you think they plan on moving this island.. It sounds so weird..
Love is Patient.. Love is Kind

Reply 10#10 onetolove's post

I've heard a couple of theories - one hilarious, and meant to be so, and one quite plausible in the world of Lost.  

First CRAZY theory - everyone jump in the water and kick...intimating they could move the island by pushing hard enough while swimming.  Total joke, but extremely humorous, and a great visual.

Second - not so crazy theory - they don't have to physically move the island if they can move it in TIME.  I can't recall the specifics, but I thought this was a pretty good idea.

**SPOILER ALERT** Lost - 4x12 - There's No Place Like Home (Part 1)

The show will be airing in about 20 minutes on television.  Thought I'd post the thread for any who have a cance to watch it tonight and want to talk about it.  I'll come by tomorrow to share me take on the episode, as I'm extremely tired tonight, and if I can stay awake to watch it, I know I won't be with it enough to post anything that would make sense.

Happy Viewing!

p.s. For all you Lost addicts like me, there will be no episode next week , but rather a 2 hour finale (parts 2 & 3) airing on May 29 at 9pm ET.

Quote:
Originally posted by dognxtdoor at 5-11-2008 05:08  
I think they have to go back down to the room where they used to enter the code...
Didn't Desmond blow up the computer room already?

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

Omg omg omg!!! Too intense! Can't wait for May 29!

Thread