Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 2#2 SirAlain's post

Tell me about it!  Sun totally ROCKED!  And without giving anything away to those who have yet to see it, my favourite line in this episode was Hurley's Mom saying, "Jesus Christ is not a weapon."   I've met people who'd beg to differ, but it was a nice light moment in an otherwise nail-biting hour.  

Two weeks is too long!  But as MY mother said, "I'd rather have it all at once", so I'll wait patiently (while reading all sorts of bizarre theories ) for May 29th to roll on.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 3#3 waterlilybarb's post

I agree! Sun is my hero! That was just brilliant.
But so many depressing scenes; so many unanswered questions ...
I hate the writers!

OK, I just rewatched the episode and man, there was a LOT going on!

Firstly, apart from what I commented on last night, here are a few things I found amusing:

Sawyer referring to New Otherton, calling Miles Ghengis, and calling Lapidus Shaggy.   Sawyer never fails to come through as the king of the one-liners.  He was also a more sympathetic character this week - seeing him carry Aaron, and the look on his face as he told Jack & Kate what happened to Claire, then handing him over to Kate.

Now onto the rest of the episode.  

As I said last night, Sun totally ROCKED!  I SO loved it when she walked into her father's office and just told it like it was.  It's apparent how much she despises her father, and I'm sorry to say this, but from her tone, I have a feeling that Jin might REALLY be dead.    I hope I'm wrong, but the swell of music at the end of the episode also seemed like a clue that that might have been the last time she saw her husband.
And if THAT'S the case, it would also mean Desmond is dead.    NO!!!!  Again, I really want to be wrong, because Desmond and Penny deserve a reunion after everything that her father's put them through.   Can I just reiterate how much I think Charles Widmore is an evil puppet master.

Other observations:

It seemed to me like the story told by the 6 survivors was not one of their own making.  Whether Oceanic concocted the story (which makes one wonder who is in control of that company (?)) or whether it was someone else, it just didn't sound like anything they would have dreamt up themselves.

I understand saying that Aaron was Kate's child, but that he was only just over 5 weeks old?  Come on now!  People have eyes!  That baby is over 3 months old - how they plausibly pass him off as basically newborn is beyond me.

I continue to find Faraday quite interesting and hope he is around next season.  That being said, if Desmond is dead, won't he lose his mind, since his "constant" would be gone?  This is what I'm clinging to - if Daniel doesn't die, then maybe Des doesn't either.  It's possible.

YAY!  The return of "The Others", especially Richard (aka guyliner - read that somewhere - too funny) in his really old Others clothes was not so much a surprise, but seeing as how they now have Kate & Sayid makes me curious as to where their allegiances lie.  Obviously our 2 Losties get off the island.  Is it with help from "The Others" or do they escape?

Then there was the return of the numbers!  I did NOT expect that.  To see Hugo's odometer with those exact numbers - IN ORDER - was a bit eerie.  I'm with the co-pilot at the beginning of the episode who said while rubbing his rabbit foot (which Hugo's key chain also happened to have), "...the cargo we got back there - bad mojo."

I do like when the writer's throw us a bone as to when things are happening.  Last night they did this at the memorial service for Christian.  Jack said he was writing down what he wanted to say in his father's eulogy 10 months ago.  So it's 6-7 months after their rescue.  Nothing amazing about this, I just like to know these little things.

Now, Claire's MUM being at the memorial, I wasn't expecting.  I actually didn't think she would survive and that if anyone told Jack about Claire, it would be her aunt.  Great look on Jack's face when he hears the news, and even better when he looks at Aaron, in Kate's arms, as he's digesting the fact that this child is his blood, and that he either left his sister behind, or let her die in that God forsaken place.

And finally - for now anyway - Nadia!  I was so pleased for Sayid.  When they initially landed and neither he nor Kate had anyone waiting for them, I found it sad.  At least Hurley grabbed Sayid to introduce him to his family, but Kate was left entirely on her own with Aaron.  I wonder was this to signify that he would be her family now?  We know that sometime later her mother comes around and forgives her, but that's still a ways off.  But when Nadia showed up for Sayid it was a great moment - though bittersweet, since we know what happens in the not to distant future.  

That's all I have for now, as I'm still digesting everything that we know so far.  It's amazing how one little show can suck you in, even while it continues to frustrate you on a regular basis.  Two weeks seems too far away, but seeing as we won't have any more episodes until next year, I'm going to savour every moment of the 2 hour finale, and hopefully it will be satisfying enough to leave me wanting more.

Desmond is not dead. Desmond is not dead. Desmond is not dead. Rinse and repeat!! lol

So much happened- was a great episode.

So the Oceanic 6 are Sayid, Kate, Jack, Hurley, Sun and Aaron? I keep getting the feeling that Aaron is really important to the rest of the story.

I need to re-watch this episode- something I VERY rarely ever do, because I feel I missed too much!
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 6#6 silver1978's post

I know what you mean.  I don't often rewatch the whole episode, but I did with this one, and it was well worth it.  I picked up a few things I had missed in the first viewing.

As for Aaron, I agree.  I think he's going to be a key character when all is said and done.  I'll be interested to see how that plays out.

I can't believe i have to wait a whole other week to watch the rest of the show.. so intense..  LOVE LOST
Love is Patient.. Love is Kind

What an awesome episode. I love it, I feel like I know what is going on without knowing anything.
Sun was the best. Of course she acted that way he couldn't even really hug her when she got off the plane.
I Question if Sun says her hubby never made it off the plane how did she get pregnant with his child?
I can't wait to see the Orchid. The other can definitely take out the mercenaries think of all the practice they had.

Reply 9#9 gabsimom's post

I'm assuming the story Sun was given is to say she was pregnant before she left Korea.  Only she and her husband, along with her doctor, knew that Jin was sterile, so no one else would question it.

Wow, what an intense, A+ of an episode!

The very best moments for me were when we saw The Numbers on Hurley's car and when Jack found out about Claire (some great acting in that scene, you got to admit!). I believe that very moment is the first beginning of the end for Jack: he will stop going to see the baby and his relationship with Kate will get crazy (later he and Kate will be ok and then he'll go crazy again but that's another can of worms!)...

So, I've been racking my brain about why they would have to lie about what happened on the island, and the best theory I can come up with is that Farraday finally fills everyone else in on all the time wandering that's been going on, and reveals that if anyone were to find out where the island is, the entire face of humanity would be changed. Your typical going back to the past talk - like how in the movie Back to the Future he couldn't change anything because he would alter his future.

I think that there's a chance Jin is still alive - that Sun is just this upset because, even if she knows he's alive, she will never get to see him again.

My last note (for now, disclaimer like yours Barb!) is regarding a comment I read on lostdiary.com. Do you remember Keamy had some sort of contraption on his arm last week's episode? It's very possibly attached to all that dynamite on the boat. Either he's going to get some answers from Ben, or the boat will explode (and everyone will be saved)??

Whew. Great episode!

p.s. I just had one of my TA-DAAA brain moments when I considered this: Kate didn't actually want to leave the island, I think she wanted to stay behind (with Sawyer) but was forced to because someone had to pretend to be Aaron's mother, since Sun was already pregnant (and the wrong race). Maybe that's why Jack was so upset in the last episode when Kate went to go do something for Sawyer.

Just one of those random crazy LOST thoughts that pop in and out...!

Reply 12#12 studiojek's post

Interesting thought about Kate.  Seeing as she was wanted for murder, I too doubt she really wanted to leave.  As for the devices on Keamy's men, I think they are probably detonators as well.  I didn't initially think that, but with all that C4, it makes more sense than my previous thought - that they had something to do with keeping them sane on the island - though that ship may have sailed on Keamy ...or that they had to do with the Orchid station and keeping them in the current time or tracking them through the time shift about to happen.

I haven't slept much so forgive me for sounding like I'm rambling - I am.

As for the time travelling - who's to say they don't wind up in the future?  If that's the case, it could be a ways into the future - far enough in time that Aaron will be drawn to go to it, and be their rescuer, as the new chosen one.  Just a thought.

Reply 13#13 waterlilybarb's post

So it's safe to say that Claire isn't dead, right?

And am I the only refusing to believe that only 6 of them will survive?
Obviously they can't fit the little time they have right now & the flashbacks for 5(?) more seasons...

Reply 14#14 SirAlain's post

We don't actually know if Claire is dead.  On that island it seems anything is possible, so I wouldn't say one way or another with any confidence.

I definitely do NOT believe that only the 6 survive, and neither do most of the fans I've come across online and in life.

There are still 2 more seasons of at least 16 episodes each, plus the 2 hour finale of this season.  I think they (the writer's) have a plan as to how the show will end, and have allowed enough time to carry the story arc to a completion that will be satisfying to most.

No it seems pretty improbable that the rest of the 2 seasons is based on the survival of 6 people - I think some of them have died and some of them are still alive somewhere back on the island, and that there is some reason why the Oceanic 6 have to keep the secret, to save the lives of the people still left on the island...still sticking to my Back to the Future-type theory!

Reply 117#117 waterlilybarb's post

LOL at swimming and pushing!

Definitely moving it in time would work. Have we ever seen the Orchid before, or has there been any reference to it in the past? Also, I find it very hard to believe that Juliet knew nothing about it when they mentioned it. Something's fishy with that, too.

Reply 118#118 SirAlain's post

Yes, you're right.  That room was in the hatch, and it's long gone.

Reply 119#119 studiojek's post

The Orchid was mentioned at ComicCon last summer, and there was a video they showed there which showed one of the experiments being done there.  We've not seen it on the show yet.

As for Juliet - I agree 100%.  She was totally lying.

Reply 120#120 waterlilybarb's post

What's ComicCon - please excuse my Lost ignorance, too much info to remember lol!

Reply 121#121 studiojek's post

Comic-Con the big convention held yearly for comics and popular arts - including our favourite shows.   HERE'S the wiki for a full definition.

Reply 122#122 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks Barb! What nerdy-good fun!!

Reply 139#139 studiojek's post

Isn't that the best kind?

Thread