Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 140#140 waterlilybarb's post

LOL yep!

Lost Season Finale Discussion Thread

I know everyone will want to discuss the finale.  Have a ball.  I'm watching it at the moment, and it's a doozy!  Can't wait to see what happens.

Catch you all tomorrow.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 1#1 waterlilybarb's post

All I'll say is OMGoodness!  Awesome finale - now the torture of waiting until next season.

Two hours of it.. WOW .. I wonder what happened (the coffin).. Well, i can't wait for the next episode.. Anyone know when that is? Soon Hopefully!!
Love is Patient.. Love is Kind

There seem to be massive problem with the episodes

Reply 4#4 bala's post

Nope, it's been fixed check my post on the Error Reporting Thread.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Ok still watching but got to say "If you mean time traveling bunnies then yes."
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Wow, How does he end up dead and what will happen if they bring him back?
There were some yay moments in this episode for sure. Next season will be a doozie.

WOW! Just WOW!

not quite as WOW! as last season's finale but WOW! none the same.

best season of lost so far gets a fitting ending. Jin does look properly dead although Michael has been left pretty open what was with Christian?!

So glad this show is now living up to its potential!

[ Last edited by gaiusx at 5-30-2008 23:13 ]

What happen to everyone on the little boat? and Jin could of dove in before it exploded. Don't count them out until you see the body.

Reply 9#9 gabsimom's post

I haven't time to do my full weekly recap/analysis right now, but I think the people on the small boat, Faraday et al, have been sucked into the same time/space as the island.  Since the other smaller island was no where to be seen, and they were nearer that it to our island, that's what makes the most sense to me.  Plus, they would have been visible from the copter if they were still there.

As for Jin & Michael, I think it's more likely the other way around.  I think Christian showing up with Michael on the freighter was telling him he was done, in that he had redeemed himself and the island would now let him die.  Jin on the other hand could have jumped off he ship, or if he did die he may have been near enough to be sucked to wherever/whenever the island went and could be "resurrected" on the island.  Just a thought.  As Tina said, don't count them out until you've seen the body...and maybe not even then.

WOW is right!

I just watched the finale. First and foremost, how happy were you for Des, despite everything else that was going on? At least somebody's happy, and I am happy that it was Des.

Now, as for all the sadness though...I just was all choked up about Jin, but I also think we don't know with this show. I happen to agree though that Christian showing up to tell him he was 'free' was more about his work being done and letting him die. Jin is a whole 'nothing thing though.

Some things I thought were interesting/questions I have/food for thought I saw spoken about on other websites:

- Desmond's vision of Clare getting into a helicopter with Aaron has yet to take place.
- Ben had a cut on his arm and that Darma jacket on in the episode when he ended up in the desert.
- Where has Hurley been taken to by Sayid?
- When if ever is anyone going to figure out the Penny Widmore/Charles Widmore connection!!??
- How will Walt fit into all this and will we find out what his 'special' power is?
- Seems John sort of took over Ben's job from him, but what does that make Richard then?
- Charlotte wants to find where she was born...Could she be Annie?
- Where is Faraday?
- Are Juliet and Sawyer now a couple because that would just sadden me to no end lol!

Well, food for thought..and we have another couple months to ponder!!

Reply 11#11 studiojek's post

I was cheering when Penny & Desmond got together.  Almost on my feet applauding in my living room.  They definitely have the best love story on the show.

Some of your questions I've seen too, and was wondering about as well.  The main ones being:
- just who is Charlotte?
- will Des' vision of Claire come true? - it was of Claire AND Aaron getting on a helicopter, but he never said how old Aaron was
- why does Ben look younger and better looking after being off the island for several years?
- how will Walt fit into the story?
- I noticed the cut on Ben's arm too and the same parka - which he was wearing in October, 2005 in Tunisia.  Does that mean the island is in 2005 (at the later date) - same place different time - or is that just where/when Ben was transported to?

So many questions, and only about 8-10 months to mull them over and drive myself completely insane.

Harold Perrineau confirmed Michael is dead.

I thought that was an awesome finale and it answered a lot of questions.  But, in true Lost style, it opened up a bunch more questions to look forward to be answered.

I have been playing the Trivia game on Facebook and have decided to try to watch the entire series over again.  Usually, I never do this; once I've been through it, it's enough for me.  But, I found one episode I think I missed way in the beginning.  It's interesting seeing the show when you already know a lot of the story, but the characters don't know, yet.

I hope they show us what is happening on the island after it got transported to wherever and whenever it is.  Locke said a lot of bad things happened after Jack left and it was Jack's fault.

That's an interesting thought about Charlotte being Annie.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 14#14 desertdarlene's post

A couple of times I've flipped through tv channels and come across and old episode of Lost (or other shows I watch) and it is in fact interesting to go back and see the way characters have changed along the way. Always makes me wonder if the writers start out already knowing everything (or at least the fates) of their characters or if they sort of play as they go along.

I'm not sure what other explanation Charlotte having for "finding her way back" could be unless she's Annie...or if she's not another Other?

Reply 15#15 studiojek's post

I've read some interesting theories about who Charlotte might be.  I don't think she's Annie though, because Ben would have recognized her.  Knowing as we do that some people are shifting through time, she could be the child of someone that we know, but it obviously hasn't been revealed yet.

As for the writers, I honestly don't think they had the fates of each character planned from the beginning, because originally Jack was supposed to die in the pilot.  I think some of it happens organically from how the story is unfolding and some is preplanned, but maybe not to the letter.  Like, they knew that some would die, but exactly how and when wasn't predetermined.  I know Dominic Monaghan has said that when he knew Charlie was being killed, he did have a bit of say in it.  He didn't want it to be one of the pointless deaths, and the writers and producers could see that THAT would have not done the character justice, nor would have been fair to the fans.

Has anyone seen the alternative ending?Alternative ending

Reply 17#17 bala's post

I did - there were actually 2 alternate endings, just in case they had a leak, like last year.  I like the ending we got.  

The other thing that was revealed in the enhanced version, shown as a repeat, was that the 3 people who died after the crash (seeing as they said there were 8 survivors, and Aaron wasn't born yet) were Charlie, Libby and Boone.

My only question is - the obit said that Jeremy Bentham was survived by a teen-aged son.  I wonder who that will be?

Reply 18#18 waterlilybarb's post

Is this season any good?

i thinking watching this season in summer

i watched first 3 seasons when air got fed up writer make story-line too complicated lost interest.

Thread