Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 19#19 bala's post

It's still a complicated story that usually leaves you with more questions than answers, but I thought this season was great.  My 2 favourite episodes (not counting the finale - which was AWESOME) were The Economist and The Constant.  The first was centred around Locke, and the second around Desmond - The Constant was my very favourite episode this season.

If you don't mind a show that makes you think, you'll really like this season.  It doesn't start again until January or February, so there's plenty of time to watch it before next season begins.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 20#20 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah i know it just it has span out of control over last 3 seasons. Charlie death could been so much better but they ruin we all knew he was going die before he did, boorne and shannon death were slighly better but i think fact that other islander story-line really annoyed me and if they keep killing off characters what is point investing in getting to know them if die within next season? . i under characters have to die but this show really the mickey out death scence IMO?. these are thing put me off watching 4th season thinking it going worse.

Reply 21#21 bala's post

The fact that no one is off limits in regards to being killed off is something I find intriguing.  Most shows would never kill a character everyone loved - like Charlie.  Lost always keeps you guessing, and you never know what's going to happen.  There is so much happening that it's sometimes hard to figure out, but at the same time, as sddv says, it's as addictive as crack.

This show is great!  Your right about the show having so many unanswered questions.  I can't believe that was John in the coffin.  How and why did he get off the island.  I think he knew in his heart that if he left the island that he would go back to being a crippled.   I am really curious about Claire and how she gave up Aaron.  I can't wait until the new season airs.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply 23#23 penny3760's post

Is it true we have to wait until January??

And, really Barb, Jack was supposed to die in the PILOT!?? That's insane, considering he's the central character now!

As for who Charlotte is and who John's teenage son is....wow, that's some good food for thought!

Reply 24#24 studiojek's post

Yeah, Michael Keaton was supposed to play Jack, but when they decided he wasn't going to die they had to recast the role.  The role of Kate was supposed to be very different as well, and she was going to be the main leader - also older.  Interesting how much the actors impressed them that they changed the roles to fit the actors.  I watched season 1 on DVD after it 1st aired, though I watched it all on TV - and it was in the extras.

And yes, the new season doesn't begin until next year.  Two more seasons of 17 episodes apiece is what we have for them to complete the story.

Reply 25#25 waterlilybarb's post

so they having ending in sight?

that important thing-i don't want get back in it if there no ending-maybe i should just wait until series finishes and watch it ?

Reply 25#25 waterlilybarb's post

Wow, never knew that, how funny!

I think it was you who also mentioned that Ben wasn't supposed to have such a big role but he was an impressive actor!

Reply 26#26 bala's post

They have an ending in sight.  It will end in May/June of 2010.

Reply 27#27 studiojek's post

You're right about Ben's role too.  Michael Emerson is amazingly creepy as Ben!  Had someone else got the role I don't think he would have played as big a part in the overall story.

Im surprised none of the Oceanic 6 (well, the 5 adults) plus Desmond & Frank didnt go crazy! That was absolute hell ... one disaster after another, nonstop!

And be honest y'all! Who cried during the Desmond+Penny reunion scene?

Reply 29#29 SirAlain's post

I didn't quite cry, but I did tear up.  It was my favourite moment in the finale.

Reply 29#29 SirAlain's post

I was so happy for Desmond and Penny.  Desmond has been through so much.  I am glad that they are back together.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply 31#31 penny3760's post

Me too Penny!  Des is one of my favourite characters.  I initially thought - oh, no - he's back with Penny - we won't see him anymore!  Then I remembered that Ben is out for revenge and wants to kill Penny (sorry, typing that just weirded me out - your name being Penny too).  So there's bound to be some more great episodes ahead where we see our lovely Desmond.  YAY!    I hope he gets to save Penny.   They've been through enough.

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I totally disagree bala. The amount of Action Adventure series like Prison Break and 24 (although I'm thinking of the poorer ones) that get ruined arfer a while because the main protaganists are not going to die yet there is meant to be some suspense as to wether they will. Also you don't know wether somebody will die you just no it is a possibility which is alot better than the whole 24 thing of Jack's gonna die! when you know at the back of your mind he will survive. Also with Charlie's death it was very tense as I didn't want him to die, but knew he probably would, but also might not, but also could!!!! also he was the first major charecter (well that was popular) the've killed off.
I Agree the last three series (although series three finished strongly) spun out of control a bit. this series was one of the best series of any serilaised show i have watched it has been great from start to finish with 'the constant' being the highest point. You're getting the reward for watching every series which you can't say about some that just constantly hit the reset button.

finally caught up!

okay so I finally caught up on all four seasons of Lost...WOW!  I definitaley was addicted these past few weeks!  I had to limit myself to a certain number of episodes a day just so I could get work done...I just couldn't stop watching!

Anyway here's my schpiel:
-I knew it was Locke!  at first i though michael, but after a while i just knew it was going to be locke
-the whole moving the island thing...woah!  curious to see how that turned out in the next season
-Ben cut his arm wearing the Dharma jacket we know he ends up like that in the Sahara...i see a connection there hopefully the pieces will fill in next season
-Des+Penny= :-D great reunion scene!
-still curious about the polar bear!
-I do think Charolette is Annie...what other reason would the writer's have chosen to include her in the little backround flashback on Ben?
-sad to see Rouseau killed off before we really got to know her story
-I absolutely love Alan Dale!  He plays the evil nemesis so well!
-just beofre the Eko scene with Hurley I was thinking about how much i missed his character...that was weird!
-who is Richard and what is his story?
-same with Haitian guy what's he all about?
-Is Christian Shepard really dead?  Probably.  His body was on that plane which could explain why we see him on the island.  
-BIG QUESION:  Who is Jacob?
-I really didn't think Charlie was going to die!  I thought he would do what he had to do but somehow still end up surviving (crazier thing have happened on that island).  I loved his character and I loved the way he was with Aaron and Claire.  Most of all though I loved his character because he reminded me of a friend...a Mancunian who plays the guitar
-Okay and for my theory that I don't really know why I've been putting so much thought into because well there is no point in trying to rationalize things that happen on the show, but here it goes:  So we know that the doctor showed up dead on the Island before he was actually killed on the freighter which leads us to believe that thing happen on the Island before they really happen.  This could explain why Desmond can "see the future".  It didn't start happening until the hatch imploaded and he was hit with all that electomagnitism or whatever it was.  Somehow that has to be responsible for the time lapse.  Now correct me if I'm wrong, but this would mean time moves SLOWER on the island right?  A day went by on the Island when Sayid and Des only took hours by chopper to get to the freigher.  Three months on the island then would not have been three months in real life so when they were rescued it shouldn't have been three months after the crash right?

okay I think that's all for now.  I've still got some things buzzing through my brain but i can't put the thoughts into words yet...gotta let them settle a bit

Reply 175#175 imarielle626's post

Hahaha!  We've got a full-fledged convert!    Welcome to the madness that is LOST Arielle!  I see you've already dived into the conspiracy theory fray.  Looking forward to sharing & comparing thoughts next season.

Reply 176#176 waterlilybarb's post

yeah I had fun with all of your conspiracy theories.  The way I watched once I got to season 4 is I would watch the episode then come on here and read what all of you all had to say about it.  I also ended up getting pulled into thelostdiary.com

I also can't wait until next season so I can discuss and compare theories/thoughts with everyone here.  It is definitely more fun =)

First 8 episodes

So i finally got around watching 4th season-so we know Kate,Jack ,Hurley,Michael (on boat) and Sun so far off island, just when you thought there nothing else to know about Ben the writer give another back story of people wanting him and we need to figure out why Syrid is working for ben as a killer if that wasn't bad enough we find out Charlie is alive was that just Hurley imagination?-never quiet sure about that yet no explanation when Hurley released from mental hospital hop onto the plane to see Sun baby and we find out Jin is dead. we also find out in the future that Kate has a kid by sawyer?. Well it wouldn't be Lost if we got answers just more question.   

Reply 178#178 bala's post

To clear up some of your questions:
Charlie is dead.  Hurley can see him, but we don't know how, just like Jack can sometimes see his father.
Kate does not have a child by Sawyer.  The child she is taking care of is Claire's son Aaron.  Sawyer does have a daughter, Clementine, which Kate is aware of.
As for Jin, we know there is a cemetary stone for him, but we don't know for sure whether or not he is dead.

Reply 179#179 waterlilybarb's post

Thanks i was wondering because in that episode kate one night stand with him than future she has a kid i was confused

Thread