Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 2#2 waterlilybarb's post

I watched the recap of Seasons 1 through 3 and I found it really helpful.

4x01
There was so much going on with this opening episode, yet so many unanswered questions.

What exactly does the "Oceanic 6" mean? Are they the only ones who survived or the only ones who left the Island? Does that mean the rest are dead or just remained on the Island? Either way, in the flash forward, Jack doesn't want Hurley to talk about it. So is that because they want to protect their secrecy or is it because something happened to them?

Also, in the scene where Hurley sees Jacobs cabin, that was Jack's father inside. What significance is this & how did Hurley see it when we know the cabin is buried deep in the islan? Is this the "island" playing tricks and allowing the cabin to be seen when it feels like it?

What changes Jack's mind from never wanting to go back to wanting to go back?

We know that Hurley, Kate and Jack make up 3 or the Oceanic 6, so who are the other 3? Who was the one in the box, it could be Hurley either because we have not seen him in any of the more recent flash forwards?

It's also interesting to note that both Jack and Hurley being on "opposite sides" make it off the island, so they all must hook up again later.

I'm glad to see Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) appearing in this episode because I was a tad p'd off that they had killed him out of the show. I wonder will he continue to appear to Hurley or perhaps some of the others? Maybe to Jack after his heavy drinking begins, we already saw him hitting drink in the earlier flash forward.

So many questions........

I heard there is only 8 episodes this season, that's a bit of a bummer.

[ Last edited by shinny at 2-2-2008 13:44 ]

camarin7, as Barb mentioned below I was referring to the coffin

Barb, yeh that's true about the coffin.

That's a good theory about Hurley protecting Michael too.

Reply 9#9 desertdarlene's post

He definitely said he was sorry he went with Locke and should have gone with Jack. To which Jack says, it's not an issue.

Whoever is in the box is not someone who is very much liked (remember Kate's reaction to going) So it could be either of who you mentioned.

Well, when I saw the medium guy I thought "ah no, they are not going to tell us that everyone did actually die and this guy is there to speak to their spirits" but thankfully everyone else saw them, so that is not the case.

We know this is something to do with Darma because Charlotte (in their flashback) was on an excavation and she found a "polar" bear in the desert !!

Not sure how Ben fits into all of this, but he is a shady character.

And what about the helicopter pilot being the pilot who was supposed to fly the Oceanic flight that day? Also, there is a clear cover up going on here as the Pilot they identified was not the correct person.

I definitely think there is some sort of Time Lag on the island. Do you remember when the shot the thing from the boat an it took something like 30 minutes to get there, instead of 2/3?!! So there is something in that.

I guessed that Aaron was the baby too, but why would that upset Jack so much? Obviously something happened. Maybe we are assuming that the rest stayed behind, but maybe they actually all died?! I can't see Claire giving Aaron over willingly.

At the beginning I thought that Kate might be pregnant and that's why she left the island (because of the whole dying thing !!) but obviously that's not where they were going with why she left.

You have to ask why did Kate leave the Island after Myles told her what he told her. Logically you'd assume she'd stay, but something must have happened to make her leave.

More questions than answers !!

Wow, I'm in bits after that episode. What are we like?!! I totally welled up when Desmond and Penny were talking. Awh, so lovely.

I haven't much more to add than has already been said, but this season gets better and better.

Reply 56#56 waterlilybarb's post

He's in Ugly Better. Daniel's & Alexa's Father. He was also Jim in Neighbours (Aussie Soap) and he was in the OC.

I finally managed to get caught up to the current episode.

My first instinct was that the young boy was Jacob because he said "You can't kill him" but then I wondered why would he refer to himself in the 3rd person, so the Aaron theory might hold through.

I was thinking that too Barb about Sawyer. You know what they say about keeping your friends close but your enemies closer.

Looking forward to the next episode!

Reply 70#70 waterlilybarb's post

Aha, yes that could make sense. Because he said "Remember, you can't kill him" so that's why I thought of Jacob because they had said that earlier in the episode. But, maybe he was saying that as Sawyer now has to decide if he's defending the Island or not. If he defends the island, then he's the new Jacob, so to speak! Ok, I think I'm thinking too much now. Lost does this to you, haha!

Reply 154#154 codebreaker's post

It's says on info banner for Lost on Sky one: "Screening at the same time as it airs in the US..." Wow, they are cheeky saying that. Yeh, with the West coast maybe but the East coast will have aired it 5 hrs previously. So as you say codebreaker they are 5 hrs behind the first airing.

I'm going to Sky plus it and then watch it at about 7.00am.

Reply 157#157 shinny's post

Actually, there will only be 3 hrs difference. It's airing in the states at 9/8 central, so that's 2am here. That's pretty good. Well done to Sky one for getting this!!

Reply 160#160 codebreaker's post

Yeh, exactly. I'll probably be (pardon the pun!) lost watching it but I don't care. I still wanna know what it was all about!

Reply 163#163 gabsimom's post

That's how I saw it too.

For any of you hardcore fans you might want to check out this thread on an Irish forum called Boards.ie. People posting as they watched live (online),  at 5am when it was on Sky and then pretty much when they could watch it. There are some colourful comments in there so just glaze over them!!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055919492

Alot sharing your thoughts too Barb. Hated the ending!!

[ Last edited by shinny at 5-25-2010 09:53 ]

Thread