33 12
Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Whate Kate Does-

What does she always do? She runs!

A few more questions, and some vague answers.....

Well, I was totally wrong about Sayid, I wonder if Jack will give him the pill. Maybe the poison wont kill him but do something else, like transform him into Jacob (I know that I'm reaching here).

I'm guessing that Rousseau's team was "claimed", when they went into the smoke monster cave, and it was "the darkness" that made them turn on her. Also, do you have to die to be claimed, both Sayid and John died. Although it looks like John, actually became the smoke monster, which a lot of us assume is Jacobs nemesis. If in fact he is, I hope we learn how he became the smoke monster.

And the questions continue.....

Claire- The Asian leader (Togan??), said that she was claimed. So I wonder how that happened. Did she die? Is it something that Christian did? Was he really on Jacobs side or was he "claimed" too?

Also, where did Togan come from? Is he Ben/John's replacement or has he been the leader all along? Maybe it's because this is an alternate/parallel-reality/time line, where Ben & John never become the leader.

I guess Sawyer was really in love with Juliette, if he was going to ask her to marry him. I wonder if he is over Kate for real?

It seems like the second flight of 815er's, have some connection to the first 815er's. There have been several looks toward each other, as if they recognize the other but can't quite figure out from where.

Well, the previews for next weeks episode, looks really good. Maybe we'll get some concrete answers, to a few of the many, many questions.

Reply 29#29 bala's post

Personally, it's all the questions, that make this season so important. Discussing them, and finding out other peoples theories, is part of the fun. When you enjoy a show (any show), you want to come here and post your thoughts. For me, trying to figure out the questions, is part of what makes shows like this so interesting. It's like when you read a murder mystery, you're always trying to figure out "who done it".

Jack taking the pill himself to find out what is was made of, was very much like him. He has been protecting his fellow castaways, since day one.

I hope Juliette comes back too, she may return as one of the "claimed". I was thinking last night, that when Jacob said "they're coming", he may have been referring to the people that have been claimed. Then again, Widmore and Ben both have referred to a war coming. Maybe it's between Widmore's men and Ben's followers. No matter what the meaning, it will be interesting to see where this season takes us, regarding this.

Firstly, I do enjoy the show very much. I don't have nagging questions (I have questions), nor do I think about the show for half a day, my thoughts came while I was watching the show, and then I came here and posted them. This definitely doesn't give me a headache or frustrate me. Everyone processes things differently, and if this is the way you chose to deal with the show, than that's great. But don't say that we are wrong, for discussing the show the way we want to. Post what you want, and let us post what we want, without insulting us. I have no problem with how you choose to watch & discuss the show, and I don't think your missing the point of the show. Just understand, that how we choose to watch and discuss the show and what we care or don't care about, shouldn't be a problem for you either.

As for the plane coming down because there was an electromagnetic wave (which can take out all of the planes electrical system), makes perfect sense to me.

There is so much mystery surrounding who The Others really are, I highly doubt that they were created, just so the viewers had someone to hate. They may have been the bad guys to the losties, but it seems like they may not be the bad guys in the big picture. Since I've watched this show for 5 seasons, yes I do care.

Locke isn't Locke, and it does make a difference, since it seems he went from being a fairly good guy, to what looks like an evil one, again I care. I love the fact that Terry O'Quinn is back on the show, but his character has changed and I'd like to know how and why it was him that was chosen by the smoke monster/nemesis.

This is all I have to say on this matter, I hope you understand. Thank you.

Reply 35#35 bala's post

I don't know if you know this, but Claire is Jack's sister. That was who he was referring to when he told Jack, that what's that happening to Sayid, is the same thing that happened to his sister..

Reply 41#41 waterlilybarb's post

I didn't think of that, but it makes sense that it was Claire's trap, especially since she was right there to respond to it going off.
I agree, that Sawyer and Juliette make a great couple, I would love to see her return. As far as Sawyer & Kate, it's definitely a possibility that they'll end up together, there is a lot of history there.

I too am looking forward, to seeing what they have planned for Locke. They have made his character so interesting, from day one. I'm so glad he came back to life, the show just wouldn't be the same without him, no matter who he is on the show.

BTW, both my brothers are half, but I refer to them as my brother's. I actually don't think there is anyone I know (other than family), that realize they aren't full blooded.

Reply dognxtdoor's post
I totally agree, and thought the exact same thing when Flocke (Fake Locke), threw the white stone into the ocean. I wasn't surprised at Sawyers choice, but I was disappointed. I doubt he would have made that choice if Juliette were still alive, but he probably wouldn't have been with  FLocke if she were. I feel he is selling his soul to the devil also, if he goes through with following him. Things may change, Sawyer may just be playing along to see what happens, or he may come to see that this  FLocke, is really evil. We never really know exactly, what is really going on, or what will happen next on Lost.
I'm not sure if I agree with you, as far as Sayid is concerned. He was brought back to life by Jacobs followers, so selling his soul doesn't make sense to me. Although, someone said (before they put Sayid in the healing spring), that the water wasn't clear (which I'm guessing it was supposed to be). I wonder if that is the reason Sayid came back with this illness? Was it somehow contaminated when Jacob died, by his nemesis?

Reply waterlilybarb's post

Yes Helen did break off their engagement, because Locke couldn't let go of his need for his fathers approval. What really surprised me, was when Helen said "Lets get my parents and your father, and have a small wedding" (or something like that). I guess in this reality, his father isn't the one who paralyzed him.

Reply codebreaker's post
It's possible that all the other passengers were on the wall, but had been scratched off for some reason. Or maybe they were there, because it was the only way to get all the people on the list to the island at the same time.

Reply bala's post
I definitely don't believe that they were picked at random, in an earlier episode we saw that Jacob had contact with all of them (off the island), at some point in their lives. They were all picked for a reason, and I believe we have yet to see the true meaning of what that reason is.

Here is a theory- FLocke said that they were all candidates, that any one of them could become the islands protector. Maybe he's either wrong or misleading Sawyer, because he needs the group broken up. It's possible it has to be a combination of the group, that it can't be just one person. That if for some reason they aren't all together and in agreement (as a group), something really bad is going to happen, and maybe FLocke knows this.

Well, I found this episode very informative, and I can't wait to see what next week holds. The show should be headed back to the temple & and focusing (mostly), on the rest of the Losties, and hopefully Jin & Sun's long overdue reunion! I'm excited to see what is in store, and what has been going on with all of them.

Reply 54#54 studiojek's post

I'm still not sure what Widmore's role is in all of this, or if he is evil or good. I think both he and Ben are evil to a point, just not sure which one is the most evil. I remember at one point Widmore said he was "The Others" leader, and that Ben banned him from the Island. Not sure if this was at Jacob's request or what really happened. Remember Ben never actually talked to Jacob, Richard was an intermediary between Jacob and Ben. Maybe Widmore was the leader and could actually speak to Jacob, and that's why Ben banned him. Of course it has also crossed my mind that Widmore maybe a follower of Evil Guy, and that was why he was banned. As far as not being able to kill each other, it makes sense that it's in relation to Jacob and Evil Guy's relationship. Then again we don't really know the rules regarding killing, maybe ex-leaders can't kill one another, maybe anyone that is a candidate can't kill another candidate, or maybe it's just what we thought, that this is all about Jacob & Evil Guy. I guess these are all answers, we'll have to wait for.  

One of my big questions is where does/did Christian stand in all this, was he a follower of Evil Guy? Or was he really a stand in for Jacob? Remember the first time Ben and Locke visited the cabin and Locke heard someone say "Help Me"? Was it Jacob asking for help, and if so, help from what/who (Christian?)? Then the next time we were at the cabin it was Christian, not Jacob that appeared, saying he could speak on Jacobs behalf. But was he really speaking on his behalf? Why did he keep Claire behind? And if he was there on Jacobs behalf, why and how was she "claimed" by the darkness (which seems to be caused by Smokey)? It's never made sense to me, that she would leave Aaron in the middle of the jungle and stay with him, even though he's her father. She hated him so much in previous episodes, that she didn't even want to know his name. Then in just a few minutes time, she ups & walks away with him, leaving her child behind.

It will definitely be interesting to find out, who is on what side and which side is really the evil one. It does seem that Flock/Smokey/Evil Guy is the evil one, but this could all be turned on a dime, when new things are brought to light. So, I'm not counting out any possibilities, for now anyway.

Reply 53#53 bala's post

I don't know how much you enjoy this show, but it helped me to go back and re-watch the series from season one. Although, I wasn't really what I would call confused, it does have several different story lines and the many, many questions. So I thought it would be a good idea, to go back and watch it again. I'm glad i did too, seeing it again, was a great refresher course on the show. I was also really surprised, at how many things I missed the first time I watched it. If you really enjoy this show, give it a try. You might be amazed, at how much less confusing it is for you.

Yes Christian is Jacks father. :)

Reply 61#61 codebreaker's & bala's post

You are both going to be so surprised and amazed, at all the things you've either overlooked or forgotten since you first saw it. I enjoyed re-watching it almost as much, as when I originally watched it. I hope that even though you will have seen the end, and have all the answers, that re-watching it will give you the extra insight it gave me.  

Reply 63#63 waterlilybarb's & studiojek's post

I really never thought that Sawyer was going to join Flocke, I figured he was just playing along, but the con theory is an excellent one.

The little boy is a mystery that has me chomping at the bit, I have been thinking it's a young Jacob. I guess it could be Aaron, I never heard the theory that they were going to raise him to be Jacob's replacement.

It didn't cross my mind that the Shepard on the wall, could be referring to Christian, but it makes sense. I have been wondering, why we haven't seen him this season.

Oh, and I read on EW that Maggie Grace (Shannon), will be returning later in the season and that they have a great story line for her. I am sooo glad I was wrong about her not coming back, because they didn't show her on the plane...YAY!!

Reply 66#66 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, I read that too and it totally makes sense, given the many, many  connections, that all the Losties have had with each other throughout the series. If you recall Helen was complaining about one of the vendors, that's why she suggested eloping. I figure, they'll somehow come in contact with someone from the Carlyle's company (either Boone or Shannon), and they'll end up planning the wedding.....how cool!

Hey Losties, just popping in to say I'm sorry I haven't been around the past couple of weeks. I am having a flare-up of the lupus, and was really sick for a week or so, then I ended up back in the hospital. I haven't been able to catch the last two episodes, so I can't comment on them yet. As soon as I do, you will all be rewarded for you participation.
Thank you for your patience.

Sorry I was unable to see the last several episodes with the rest of you. I will only comment on the season finale:

I was thrilled through the entire episode, had me on the edge of my seat, excited to see what they would pull out of their hat in the end. Well, I guess the trick was on us, that had to be the most unsatisfying ending to ANY program I have ever seen. We were promised none of this dreaming, snow-globe type endings, this was far worse IMO.

All I can say is IT TOTALLY SUCKED.....the end!

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 11-25-2010 10:19 ]

33 12
Thread