Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I thought it was pretty good.  I think a lot of what was happening with Sayid and Kate was more manipulation by Ben and Co.  I don't like that they keep killing off the 815 survivors on the island.  Pretty soon, only the main characters will be left if at that.  But, maybe we'll learn more about Widmore and the history of the island.

They kinda revealed the location of the island when the "Sherrif" made calculations and pinpointed them on a map.  But, of course, we didn't get much of a shot of what or where she had pinpointed it to.
Too legit to quit!

One thing I liked about the 1/28 episode of Lost was that we are getting to see some of the history of the island.  So, Widmore was one of the "others" about 50 years ago.  

I am curious as to where these "others" originally came from and how they all got together.  

I think some loose ends are being tied up now.  We are going to see the origin of the feud between Widmore and Linus.
Too legit to quit!

Yes, it is agreed that Ellie is probably Daniel's mother.  He did say something like "you look familiar to me" to her and when she took it to mean like a former girlfriend, his answer made it clear he didn't see her that way.

Also, the nosebleeds seem to be happening based on how much exposure each person has had to the island.  I think Charlotte's was first and then Miles, which would also indicate that he might be the baby mentioned in earlier post and episode.

I am definitely interested in Danielle's story.  They seem to have arrived at about the same time as the purge and I wonder if the sickness Danielle mentioned was some kind of side effect from the gas that Ben used.  Or, maybe Ben or Widmore used some sort of germ warfare against them.
Too legit to quit!

Wait, my bad.  I just went and checked the Lostpedia timeline and it seems to indicate that the purge happened about 4 years after Danielle arrived on the island.
Too legit to quit!

You know, does anyone notice that Ben's mother and Locke's mother have the same name?  And, I remember that one time when Ben saw his mother outside the sonic fence when he was a child.  She looked very similar to the woman that I saw with Locke who was completely loooney.  I think they might be related.  Perhaps she didn't die at Ben's birth, and she ran off or went crazy again..  And, maybe Roger was not the father, but Anthony Cooper and that's why Roger  resented Ben.
Too legit to quit!

Wow, I loved that episode.  Ben is such a slimeball.  He kept Locke alive just long enough to get the information he needed before he "killed" him.  

One thing that bothered me was about the building that they kept being shown in with the injured people and the office.  I mean, one moment they're on the beach, next moment, they're in that building.  Is the building near the beach?  How did they get there?  What's the story about that building?  

I think Locke showed up in present time while the others are floating around with the other people who did not leave and are time shifting.
Too legit to quit!

Someone on another forum said something about Frank and another woman taking a boat, that means that Frank is in the present, at least.  And, they think that Sun was the other woman.  That would blow that theory about certain people being in the present and others still jumping.  We'll have to see what is going on.
Too legit to quit!

I just looked up on Lostpedia and it is said that the building that Caeser and everyone is in is actually the "Hydra" station.  I also remember that Locke was looking out into the water at another island.  It's possible that they crash landed on the smaller island.
Too legit to quit!

I am going to go back and watch the whole season when it's over and see what I can piece together.
Too legit to quit!

Well, that episode was interesting.  So, the Losties worked for Dharma.  Well, as far as we know, they weren't there when Ben and his family showed up.  I also wonder if they were behind the "incident" that was mentioned in the orientation films.  Perhaps the "incident" was when the Dharma people found the wheel and tried to turn it.

The statue was interesting.  It was of an early Egyptian style that I can't remember the name of.  Also, the necklace that Paul wore was an Egyptian religious symbol that I think symbolizes long life.   And, the way Richard paints his eyes is also similar to the way the ancient Egyptians of certain religions did.  The Ancient Egypt connection may be the reason why they needed Paul's body.

James made  "waiting for Locke" sound like he's waiting for the second coming of Christ.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:36
Too legit to quit!

Reply 44#44 studiojek's post

It looked like a male statue, though it's hard from behind.  Men of that time period often had long hair and/or head dresses/scarfs.  Also, even if we could see the face, the sculptures of that particular time period tend to have more feminine faces.  But, it could be a female, perhaps Isis or something.
Too legit to quit!

Well, it sure was lucky that Kate and Sawyer were helping to build that runway that one time.   I wonder how they knew to do that as I guess aircraft don't travel over the island all the much.  It's almost like saying "Prepare the way for the Lord. . ."

I see even more religious overtones.  Some of the characters seemed to be "raptured" onto the island coinciding with the "second coming" of John Locke.   And, Jack (who is often touted as a doubting Thomas) tells Sawyer that Locke is dead (but, of course, he doesn't know any better as he didn't know or believe that his dad has "resurrected").   And, wasn't Locke only dead for three days before they put him on the plane?

I wonder if the funeral home embalmed Locke?

Sayid is going to make things interesting.  I saw in the previews that he's going to try to tell the Dharma people about what might happen.  But, of course, they don't believe them.

So, Ethan was born on the island and Juliet was the one who made it happen.  I didn't think of the fact that he was the one who helped recruit her earlier.  It kind of reminds me of the whispers on the island who have been heard to say "it'll all come back around".

Isn't Ben's arrival in this episode a little early?  I am going to check on Lostpedia for the time that he arrives.  I thought he arrived in the 80s.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 3-19-2009 12:36 ]
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Reply 67#67 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, it's totally possible that this is the right time for him to be there. I don't know how long he has been there, though, but the guard seemed familiar with him.

I was thinking that Sun wasn't allowed to be with the others because she came to the island not to be of help either to the people there or the island itself, but for some other reason.  She came along way too willingly considering that she has a little baby waiting for her back at home.

I think that's also the reason why the others didn't end up back in the 70s, too, they didn't have the island's best interest in their heart.  But, that wouldn't explain why Locke isn't with them.

Christian mentioned that Sun "had a long way to go" in her journey to find her husband.  That might mean that there is a way for her to get back there with them.  

Kinda reminds me of Pilgrim's Progress a little.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 3-19-2009 16:45 ]
Too legit to quit!

I was just on another site talking about this episode and someone noted that the Losties must have changed something.  One thing that I noticed that was different was that the Dharma signs and other Dharma photos, etc., were still hanging (barely) in the rec room.  I will have to go back and look, but I seem to remember when they were holding Kate there, all the signs and photos from the Dharma initiative were missing.  I will go back and check those episodes again.
Too legit to quit!

I think what reminds me of Pilgrims Progress is that the man in the book has to take a very difficult journey and face a lot of challenges to get to the promised kingdom.  I just feel like that's what Sun's going to have to do, sorta to prove her worthiness to the island and its cause.  I can't put my finger on exactly why it's like Pilgrim's Progress, which is a great book, by the way.   Something was triggered in my mind about that book when Christian told Sun that she had quite a journey ahead of her.

Good job on the deciphering the statue.  I think that's exactly what it was which makes me wonder about it even more.  I mean, a fertility goddess on an island where the women die by the third trimester?  Well, Amy didn't seem to have any problems carrying her baby to term.  

I think everything bad on that island is Ben's fault.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 3-20-2009 18:27 ]
Too legit to quit!

My library had it on an audio book that I downloaded into my MP3 player.  I listened to it while I was working out.  I really found it enjoyable, which was a surprise as I thought it would be preachy and difficult to understand because of the language at the time it was written.
Too legit to quit!

Hey, did anyone notice that Sawyer used a Taser on Sayid?  I didn't think those existed in the 70s.

I definitely don't think Ben is dead.  Sayid should have shot him in the head to make sure.  It seems to be one of those things where if you thought you could stop an evil person while they were a child, would you do it?  Sayid probably would have.

I definitely think something has changed, but I need to see what's going on with the future to see exactly what.  I feel that the island definitely feels that Sayid, Sawyer, Juliet, Hurley, Jack, Kate, and the others in the 70s all have something important to do there or it wouldn't have brought them there.

Another thought, though far fetched.  Maybe the bullet gets lodged near Ben's spine and a tumor forms around it.  Then, in the future, Jack removes that tumor not knowing about a possible bullet or bullet fragment.  Or, maybe the gunshot contributed to the tumor.
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Thanks!  I didn't think Tasers were around back then because I remember the big deal they made when police started using them.  I never heard about them in the 70s.
Too legit to quit!

Noooooo!  They should have let Ben die!  But, I do think they're there for a reason and the title of the episode is a good one:  Whatever Happened Happened.

I was on another forum and someone else mentioned that Kate probalby left Aaron with his grandmother.  I think that was the perfect choice.  

Did anyone else notice how much that woman in the grocery store that found Aaron looked like Claire?  Of course, that's what they wanted you to think as Kate seemed to notice, too.

I also noticed the change in Jack.  I think he made the right move there in that case.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 4-2-2009 16:30 ]
Too legit to quit!

Was Sayid on the list of people at that time?  I thought it was Michael, who brought Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sawyer to the Others.  Then, Hurley was sent back and Michael was allowed to leave the island.  So, it's possible that Ben did forget Sayid, but not the others who worked for Dharma.
Too legit to quit!

Thread