Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Candidate

What an episode!  Shocking doesn't even begin to describe it.  Not going to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, but I was NOT expecting that!

One thing I WILL say...after this epi, there's no doubt in my mind that MIB is evil.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 130#130 bala's post

Same difference...they're one & the same at this point.

Reply 132#132 bala's post

MIB is inhabiting Locke's body, thus making him FLocke.  The guy on the beach with Jacob is only called MIB - so I see your point, but he IS in Locke now.

WHERE are the Losties?  We're SO near the end...only 4 more hours, so where are our Lost fans with their ideas, theories, thoughts, ANYTHING on these last episodes.  Are you enjoying how the season is going or finding it a letdown?  Personally, I have enjoyed most of it, and am leaving my final say as to how I find this season until the season ends, as I think that will sway me one way or another.  It certainly has been eventful though.  And, boy, have the writer's ever proved that no one is safe.

My biggest question is where does Desmond fit in the puzzle.  I think if that is answered to my satisfaction, I will be pleased.

What say you?

Reply 139#139 codebreaker's post

Interesting codebreaker!  I don't think I've come across that theory yet (though I'm sure it's out there).  THAT would make a lot of sense, and explain why Desmond is so important.  My problem with it is in the sideways world, Jack has a kid, Sawyer is a cop, and others have diferences in their lives that weren't there before the plane crashed.

Bala, I know people are busy, but not all the Lost fans are students.

Tina, cool idea.  I'm not sure if I think Des will be the next Jacob, but I'm sure fascinated to find out what his role is.

Reply 144#144 gabsimom's post

Who knows if we'll get an answer to that.  I think last week's epi was, in part, to show us this has been going on for thousands of years (since it happened approx. 2000 years ago), so THAT could be the reason for the Egyptian stuff.

I liked finding out Kate's name was only removed because she was a mother.  REALLY can't wait for the finale (though it will bittersweet).  From interviews with the actors (and none have given away any spoilers) they all say most people will find the ending satisfying - which is all I really care about.

I wonder WHAT Widmore told FLocke, and am happy he did it in time to save Penny - though I hope Des doesn't get stuck on the Island.  I'm not surprised Jack stepped up, though I don't think he'll be the Island caretaker long...since Jacob said something like 'for as long as you're able'...not a direct quote - but it was along those lines.  Maybe Ben will get to do it after all.

BTW, the board game BIB found last week was an Egyptian game called Senet - which harkened back to the Egyptian stuff.  THAT could have alluded to the fact that Egyptians had been there earlier - since at the time the epi was set in, people spoke Latin.

Good Lord, reading that makes me realize JUST how big a geek I am.

Reply 148#148 bala's post

Thanks, I missed that last night, as I went to bed early.  Michael Emerson & his trip to Target is definitely my favourite.

Reply 151#151 bala's post

It's hot here too - WAY too hot for this time of year, so I have NO idea what you mean by the temperature having anything able to do with being able to pay attention.  My air conditioner is NOT installed, and my apartment doesn't even have any windows I can open except for the one in the bathroom...so quit your whinging.

THE END

Though many are posting their thought in the poll thread - feel free to do so here, if you like.  

All in all, the episode rocked.  Until the last 10 minutes (minus the closing shots), I was LOVING it and just KNEW "The End" would blow me away.  Well, for me at least, IT SUCKED!  To put it other words, someone pulled the curtain aside, and there was the "wizard"....was the feeling with which it left me.  Disappointment, and feeling like a sucker that I believed what I had been told.  That this story would NOT end with such a hokey, unsatisfying premise.

It's over now, but I'll be curious to see how this ending impacts how people, as a whole, feel about the series once sometime passes.  Will it stand the test of time, or will this ending cause it to end up fading into the mists of TV-dom?  Guess we'll have to wait & see.

Reply 163#163 gabsimom's post

That IS what I understood the ending to be, but it still seems like crap to me.  I still feel like they lied when they said it wasn't going to be some sort of "purgatory" ending - when all they REALLY meant was the Island wasn't "purgatory" or "limbo", or whatever.

Lots of people really enjoyed it.  Most that I know feel the same as myself - the episode was great EXCEPT for those 5-10 minutes.  I think for those who have very specific beliefs, that ending is NOT satisfying.  That is partially the case for myself, as well as the fact that it really does feel like I've been ripped off.   Oh well, c'est la vie.

Doesn't change my feelings, but this article is apparently trending pretty high, and it's a good read.  

Here's the link, and scroll down to Someone from Bad Robot's take on the Finale.  The source is a member named empire at Lost Media Mentions blog.

One thing I'm finding interesting is how many people are bummed over unanswered questions, when, in reality, most of the ones they are mentioning actually HAVE been answered.  I've already explained my problem with the ending, so I won't go on about it again.

Reply 167#167 bala's post

I've read & seen a lot of what has been said about the finale (before & after it aired).  It IS a legitimate ending, but that doesn't mean people have to find it a satisfying one, nor does it negate the fact that MANY feel like they were lied to regarding how it would end - from season 1 on.  I have one friend who feels like the last 10 miutes have negated the entire series for him.  He was definitely unimpressed.

Reply 169#169 bala's post

For me, the big questions were all answered.

Thread