Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 100#100 desertdarlene's post

I think they may be working for Widmore and need that answer to the question for him for some reason, but I'm not sure (obviously..this is Lost we're talking about!).

A note I read on thelostdiary.com was that the hyroglyphics shown in the temple were of the smoke monster with Anubis, the Egyptian god of death who later became the gatekeeper of death. So, more Egyptian clues, for whatever that's worth.

I liked this episode a lot overall, and I do think we learned quite a lot. The only part I really disliked was the smoke monster's judgement of Ben..a little on the cheesy side don't you think? Though, it was good to see Alex again wasn't it!?

I don't think a lot of huge questions came out of this episode for me, it was one of the rare ones when more questions were answered than created!
Recent Ratings

Reply 104#104 desertdarlene's post

That might add an interesting twist actually, since this Ben vs. Widmore story is getting clearer (or seemingly) with each episode. A third force would spice it up!

I liked this episode because it was the first time I actually liked Miles! All the other episodes he was in, I found him really annoying. It was good to see these other sides of him, and he and Hurley do bring out the best in each other =)

I wonder how Sawyer's going to deal with the videotape and the Dharma guy knowing it was him who took Ben. I wonder how long before Ben will come back too.

Oh, and how cool that Faraday popped out of that sub at the end there!?

Reply 108#108 gabsimom's post

Haha!

I agree Darlene, that is an odd number. An unpaid debt perhaps between Widmore and Ben?

Reply 115#115 waterlilybarb's post

I on the other hand didn't know it wasn't a new episode and was very disappointed, to say the least! I guess this one's going to be a Biggee episode if they postponed it to play during sweeps' week huh?

Reply 117#117 waterlilybarb's post

THere were probably several reasons why they held it back, but the article I read (forget where now though) said it was mainly for sweeps. Though I admittedly have no idea how sweeps work, why they work or what they are!

Reply 120#120 bala's post

Whenever I get caught up on Lost, I know it's going to be a marathon -- even if I tell myself "ok, I'll watch 1 episode today and another tomorrow", I KNOW I will end up eating them all up immediately!!

Reply 122#122 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, I wasn't too surprised either -- the "reveals" in this episode were sort of let-downs, though I did really like the episode overall. And, yes, yet another problematic parent-child relationship...it is interesting to me though to think that there is some link between the later inability of women to have babies on the island and everyone's problems with their own parents.

It does seem like Juliet is the one backing off from Sawyer - it happened the instant Sawyer referred to Kate directly as "Freckles." I think she knows deep down that as long as they are on that island and Kate is around, she will always be unsure of what Sawyer's thinking/wanting.

So, just a question, the "Major Event" that changed the island forever, we now know that it's the creation of the hatch? I was a little confused about that.

Reply 130#130 desertdarlene's post

I love that idea, that Ben hears Jacob and Locke hears the island!

This was a great episode in my mind -- lots of suspense, good dialogue, a few small questions answered and other new ones brought up.

I was totally shocked (in a good way!) that it was LOCKE who told Richard to tell Locke he was going to have to die in order to come back. Wow. Like, that's just...I can't quite wrap my mind around it LOL!

I also happen to believe that everything that's happening right now has already happened. I mean, the fact that Faraday died, that Jack and Kate were there to get the bomb, etc. Then something happened to make them forget. This time, either they will be looped back into that same thing happening once agian to make them forget, or else Jack will succeed in Faraday's mission and the finale of the show next year will be everyone's past 4 years being cancelled out. I can already see the last episode being flight 815 landing in LA and everyone getting on with their lives, never having known or remember having known each other.

Ahhh my mind is spinning!!! LOL!

Reply 137#137 desertdarlene's post

Ooh, good ideas on The Other Guy, darlene and Barb!

I'm also unhappy that we have to wait so long to get the continuation of the story. I am tending to think, like Miles warned, that Jack/Juliet setting off the bomb was exactly the same continuation of events in history that there always was, not that he changed anything. Which may mean that next season we will start off with Flight 815 once again crashing on the island...only, this time, one or all of them may have some memory of the past and therefore be able to change it. Just a theory though - one that I realize would be difficult to wrap up in the last season!

My continuing questions:

1. I am also curious to find out who the "they" are that are arriving, as Jacob said before dying.

2. And who was living in Jacob's house before they torched it?

3. Who is Ilana and her crew, how does she know Jacob?

4. What do Widmore and Ben have to do with the battle between Jacob and this other guy?

Since wayyy back at the beginning, season 1, when Locke was explaining the game of backgammon to Walt, I always thought a "dark vs light," "good vs. evil" theme was at play. But now I'm not so sure -- because I'm continuously less convinced that it's possible to label any of these characters are purely Evil or Good.

Ahhhh 8 MONTHS!!

p.s did any of you notice that Juliet kept holding her stomach through the last few scenes? Just her acting, or are we to think that she was pregnant?
Recent Ratings

So it starts up Feb. 2nd? Can't wait! I'm also bittersweet about it being the last season, but if they were to drag it on too much longer i think it would lose its mystery.

Reply 3#3 gypsiegirl66's post

I hope so too. Anyway, they promised the ending WOULDN'T be someone waking up and realizing it was all a dream...that would have been a serious letdown!

Wow, my head hurts too - and I don't generally have migraines Barb!

Great episodes, in my opinion. The writers are going to have to do a LOT of work to not disappoint people and so far they've started off on the right foot. Here are some of my thoughts:

1. I also think Sayid is now Jacob.

2.  I think that when Juliet was talking about getting coffee with Sawyer, she was 'seeing' into their parallel life, the non-island life, which is how she knows "it worked."

3. Weird how some people on the non-crashing airplane was just a *little* bit different, like a parallel version of themselves. Charlie swallowed the heroine, Hurley was "the luckiest man alive." But not Sawyer or Kate, they were still the same. And Jack, how come his neck was bleeding?

There are so many more notes, but I'm too exhausted to hash them all out right now hehe!
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 22:03

Reply 23#23 gypsiegirl66's post

Oh no, I hope your daughter's ok gyspy =(

I thought that Shannon may not have been in this episode because, if I remember right, she and Boone had had an argument and she went to sit in 1st class?

As for Richard being an Egyptian slave on the Black Rock, I'm pretty sure that during the time period they're talking about, the slaves were all African by that point? Seems to me the writers are generally pretty careful about historical stuff?

So, if Hurley is now a lucky guy, and the plane *didn't* go down, then can we say that the plane really did go down in the first place because he was cursed?
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 For Participating in Lost. Thanks! 2-7-2010 14:36

Reply 41#41 waterlilybarb's post

That thought occurred to me because the guys 'accompanying' Kate and Jin seemed to start to say the traps weren't Rousseau's, but then stopped themselves. Clare has evidently turned into the new Rousseau!

Thelostdiary.com gave this week's episode only a D-, which I thought was a bit harsh. They say that, considering it's the last season, it seemed to be a bit of a 'filler' episode. Sure, it wasn't like "The Constant" or anything, but we did learn some valuable information - or, I should say, got some valuable insight into what *may* be going on - mainly, watching Kate and Clare, that (in my opinion) we are going to see that destiny is destiny and so our fates are sealed, but how we get there is left up to free will. So, for example, I think that Kate will end up with Aaron, but taking a different path without the crash.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Lost participation! 2-18-2010 01:11

Reply 44#44 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, he can be harsh. Mainly I love his funny break-down of the episode and sometimes I get insight into new theories. But mainly that site gives me a headache!

Some very interesting things you're discussing here!

Firstly, Gypsy, I also noted that Helen added "and your father" to her list of wedding attendees. This leads me to believe that in this reality, Locke is paralyzed for another reason and is still on good terms with his father.

Also, I noticed that Kate's name was not on the rock, or at least it wasn't one of the special numbers. Has she done something on the island to make her not a candidate?

I also think that if Juliette were alive, Sawyer would have stuck with Good instead of Evil. But I think our Good Sawyer will prevail in the end - I think part of his following "Flocke" is because he's curious, then we'll see.

One thing that's bothering me is what all this has to do with Charles Widmore. I keep thinking of that scene in Widmore's hotel room when Ben walks in and they admit they would like to kill each other but it's against the rules. So Ben was 'working' for Jacob and Widmore for Evil Guy/Smokey?

Also, if Evil Guy can take on the form of Smokey, could Jacob take on a form too? Is it him who 'brings back' the dead people on the island?

That's all I've got, for now!
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-19-2010 09:56

Reply 63#63 waterlilybarb's post

I read a theory that the little kid is actually Aaron, and that the Others originally took him to raise him to be Jacob's replacement. Not exactly sure how he got back on the island then...but ya never know with Lost!

Another theory is that it's a young Jacob. Is the whole cycle starting back over again then?
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +4 Lost participation! 2-20-2010 15:56

Reply 66#66 waterlilybarb's post

Hmm very interesting, I'm intrigued! I'm beginning to really like this 'alternate reality' and seeing how all their lives intertwine.

Reply 70#70 waterlilybarb's post

Yes, that's what I think I've 'decided' it was too: Jacob telling him he can't kill Sawyer. (though "decided" when talking about Lost is relative LOL!) I also think Sawyer's too smart to fall for it and you can't, in fact, con a con man! Go Sawyer!

Reply 76#76 waterlilybarb's post

This episode was great, once again!  Some of my thoughts:

- In this "other" life we're seeing, Jack obviously had this son when he was younger, so maybe this other reality isn't actually what would have happened if the crash hadn't taken place but something that goes further back, like maybe the bomb exploding? None of their lives being touched by Jacob?

- I keep going back and forth about Jacob vs. the Smoke Monster/New Locke being Good vs. Evil. They both seem pretty sinister to me! I read on a website that maybe it's actually a fight between Free Will ("Don't tell me what I can't do", so New Locke) vs. Destiny (Jacob).

- Jungle Claire is nuts! And poor Jin, I had to giggle when he changed his story back about Aaron and Kate to save his own butt!

- I found it pretty annoying that Jack acted like a little boy and crashed all the mirrors instead of sticking around to figure out what they were for. All his questions might have been answered had he just calmed down and taken a longer look!

- How come Christian wasn't in this episode!! I want to see more Christian - also, more Desmond!
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 for Lost participation 4-14-2010 22:57

Thread