57 123
Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Dead is Dead was great!  I think a lot of things were explained in this episode.  I can't wait for I wonder what is going on with Alana and those other guys on the small island in the present.  I know the answer to that question "What's in the shadow of the statue".  I think the answer is either the "Temple" or the "wheel".  But, why did they ask that question?
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Well, at least we got some answers, such as why Miles was asking for 3.2 million from Ben.  It makes sense now.

Also, he seemed to "read" from that dead guy that he was on his way to giving Widmore some evidence of hanky panky by Ben (or whomever) regarding the staged Oceanic Airlines plane found on the bottom of the ocean.  Or, maybe he was bringing Widmore confirmation that the work that he (Widmore) had wanted to be done was actually done.

I'm glad that Miles got to see his dad with his baby self.  I think it gave him a new perspective that his father was very loving towards him and his mother.

Someone on another site seemed to suggest that the people who kidnapped Miles may be a third force in regards to the island and not related to Widmore or Ben at all.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 4-16-2009 09:34 ]
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

That's an interesting theory.

I am still wondering, though, why they offered Miles 1.6 million dollars.  I mean, that's an odd number to offer.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 110#110 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, that's what I thought, it flows with the "numbers" as does 3.2 and 32.

I was just on Facebook where this guy just couldn't connect what the 3.2 million had to do with Ben.  Is that part really that hard to understand?  I thought it was obvious.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 112#112 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, that's what people tried to explain to this guy, but he insists that Ben and Miles were never alone.  But, I seem to remember them bringing Miles from the boathouse to Ben and Miles shouted that thing about the 3.2 million before they took him away.  

I don't know about Facebook as it seems like every time I participate in a forum over there, I get some jerk nutcase all over me for something stupid.  I think I'll stick to this forum.
Too legit to quit!

Omg, omg, omg!  Locke is going to try to kill Jacob?!

And, I gotta work next Wednesday and it's an extended episode, so I might miss the first half hour or so.  I hope it doesn't confuse me when I watch the rest of it next week after getting home.
Too legit to quit!

OK, now that I've thought about it, I have some thoughts about Jacob.  For one, I wonder if Jacob actually exists.  This isn't a new thought for me and even John thought that it was just Ben and his manipulative self.  But, I'm not too sure about that as there seemed to be a figure in the chair that one time when Ben and Locke visited the "cabin".  Also, Christian seemed to indicate that Jacob existed, too.

Another thought about Jacob is that he has been keeping the island forces suppressed.  That is why John heard "help me" when he was in Jacob's cabin.  It's possible that Ben hears Jacob while John hears the island and it is the island that is asking for help.

I sure hope I don't miss anything by not seeing the first 20 or so minutes next week.
Too legit to quit!

Did anyone ever hear about the explanation of what the numbers mean?  I guess it has to do with the Venzetti equation.  Around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis, I guess there was a prediction based on this equation that the world would end in 27 years.  So, those numbers have something to do with changing the equation.  Well, either the prediction was wrong or using those numbers did something because I think that would mean the world should have ended in 1988, which it didn't.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 136#136 waterlilybarb's post

I think that's a great explanation of who the "other guy" was, too.   I was thinking the same thing.  This episode makes me think that Christian was the manifestation of the same guy, too.  But, Christian's body was never found, at least Locke's was.

I wonder what Jacob meant by  "They're coming"?  

And, did Jack's plan work afterall?  I hate that we have to wait so long to find out.  I'd bet that it worked, but not as they expected.  Afterall, they still have another whole season to go, so something didn't work like it was supposed to.

Also, Jacob seemed to have "recruited" everyone, so he must have wanted them on his side.  He also seemed to have brought the Black Rock there, too.

Once again, Lost has more questions than answers.

And, who or what exactly are Jacob and Richard?
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

I got to thinking that maybe Jacob really resurrected Christian like he resurrected John Locke when he was thrown out the window.
Too legit to quit!

Reply 143#143 studiojek's post

I think Rose and Bernard were living in that little cabin that they torched in the future.  It looks like the same place.  But, I don't know who lived in it the most recently as Rose and Bernard were probably long dead by the time Ilana and friends reached it.
Too legit to quit!

I saw a little bit of the first few minutes of Season six on You Tube and have been reading the spoilers on Dark UFO.  I don't know if I should mention this here, but if you want to know a few things about what I found out, read on.  Otherwise, avert your eyes.  

What happens after Juliet sets the bomb off is that it all starts over again with at least Jack, Rose and Charlie being on the plane.  This time, there are some minute things that are different.  I haven't seen much more than that, but I guess it goes into an alternate reality or something.  But, I don't think they replay the entire 100 or so days that happened.  Something does manage to change this time.

Some of you probably already know about all this, though.

[ Last edited by desertdarlene at 1-31-2010 20:43 ]
Too legit to quit!

I wonder if Jacob is now in Sayid's body, but I can't be sure.  Something strange definitely did happen.

Also, I wonder if this is all the result of an old feud between Anubis and Cerberus.  In Egyptian mythology, they were both often associated with each other and dealt with the underworld.  This is a long stretch of a guess, though.  I would need to know more about how long Jacob and his nemesis have been on the island and what the island is all about.

I didn't expect that they would be showing parallel timelines  at the same time.  I don't like that at all, but hope it all works out.

So, Richard was a slave!  Some, that I've heard, think that he might have been on the Black Rock.  That's an interesting theory.  Or, perhaps he was enslaved a long time before that.  Perhaps he is also someone from Egyptian mythology, or some other kind of mythology from another part of the world.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 22:01
Too legit to quit!

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

There are also questions as it would seem that, in the past, the nemesis was kept captive in the cabin.  Or at least that's what was supposed to be.  But, Smokey had free rein on the island.  Maybe the nemesis had already escaped when the plane crashed.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +3 For Lost participation, Thanks! 2-5-2010 22:01
Too legit to quit!

I have been wondering about the smashing of the mirrors of the lighthouse.  I think Jacob actually wanted Jack to do that after seeing what was in them.  Perhaps Desmond is the one who is coming to the island that Jacob mentioned.  Maybe he needed the lighthouse to be broken so that Desmond would crash into the island.  The island isn't on any maps, so Desmond can't navigate around it by compass or GPS at night.

So, in a way, Jacob killed two birds in one stone.  He got Jack to see what was in the mirror and he paved the way for someone to visit the island, too.

It makes me also wonder about what happened to the Black Rock and how it arrived and landed way in the island's interior.
Recent Ratings
  • waterlilybarb Points +10 for Lost participation 4-14-2010 22:57
Too legit to quit!

I really liked the episode about Richard and it did explain a few things.

I was talking on another forum and someone mentioned that the analogy of the island being a cap on a bottle to keep the smoke monster from leaving is very interesting.  Someone else mentioned that the island may not only keep a cap on the underworld, but may also keep heaven in place.  Jacob could be something like Saint Peter at the Gate and the MIB could be like Cerberus, one of the gate-keepers of the underworld.  Or, some could say that Jacob was like Anubis and MIB is Cerberus in Egyptian mythology.  They were also at odds with each other sometimes.

Also, the smashing of the capped wine bottle by MIB may signify that he was going to get off the island if he had to destroy it (or the underworld) to do it.

Did anyone notice that Jacob sent Richard to give MIB a white rock?  Did anyone notice that when Flocke and Sawyer were in the cave there were black and white rocks on a scale and Locke threw one of the white ones out saying that "it was an inside joke".  I think when Jacob gave MIB the stone, he was saying that the balance had shifted in favor of the "light".  When Flocke threw out a white one on the scales, he was essentially saying that the balance had shifted in favor of  the "dark".

I have a theory about Hurley.  I think the people he sees are those who have made it to heaven.   I believe some people are sensitive to that more than others.  

It bothered me, in this episode, that Jacob didn't tell Richard that his sins had been already been forgiven (by Christ) or that he didn't commit a sin because the death of the doctor was an accident.  But, maybe the producers didn't want to make the episode all "preachy religious" that way.  It also shows that Jacob was not a Christian.
Recent Ratings
Too legit to quit!

Reply 104#104 waterlilybarb's post

I don't think Jacob is Christ-like, but Non-Christian because Christians tend to know that their sins are absolved through Christ and a Christian (at least a non-Catholic one) would have said that.  That's what kinda bugged me as a Pentecostal.

Then again, Richard was Catholic and believed he must do penance to be forgiven and Jacob could have been along the same beliefs.  But, I think they minimized this whole subject so not to give the show an obviously overt religious theme.

I don't mean to start a religious discussion, so I will leave it at that.
Too legit to quit!

57 123
Thread