Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 31#31 penny3760's post

Me too Penny!  Des is one of my favourite characters.  I initially thought - oh, no - he's back with Penny - we won't see him anymore!  Then I remembered that Ben is out for revenge and wants to kill Penny (sorry, typing that just weirded me out - your name being Penny too).  So there's bound to be some more great episodes ahead where we see our lovely Desmond.  YAY!    I hope he gets to save Penny.   They've been through enough.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 175#175 imarielle626's post

Hahaha!  We've got a full-fledged convert!    Welcome to the madness that is LOST Arielle!  I see you've already dived into the conspiracy theory fray.  Looking forward to sharing & comparing thoughts next season.

Reply 178#178 bala's post

To clear up some of your questions:
Charlie is dead.  Hurley can see him, but we don't know how, just like Jack can sometimes see his father.
Kate does not have a child by Sawyer.  The child she is taking care of is Claire's son Aaron.  Sawyer does have a daughter, Clementine, which Kate is aware of.
As for Jin, we know there is a cemetary stone for him, but we don't know for sure whether or not he is dead.

Reply 180#180 bala's post

No problem.  Glad I could clear it up for you.

OK.  I finally got to watch Lost last night (all 4 episodes) and must say I'm enjoying the new season very much.  There are a lot of things I don't quite understand with regards to their version of time-travel, but on the whole it's good.

As for some of the theories mentioned, I think Ellie might be Faraday's mother.  It seems highly plausible, and I also think that Ellie is Ms. Hawking.

Did anyone else enjoy the look on Locke's face as much as I did when young Widmore ID'd himself?  Priceless.   

I'm too tired to expound further, but just had to throw my 2 cents in while it was on my mind.

5x05 - This Place Is Death

I just got to watch this episode and - WOW - it was good!

So much has happened this season already, and it's great we are finally getting some answers - though there are still innumerable questions.

Charlotte's reveal that she was actually part of the Dharma initiative and grew up on the Island was interesting.  So was the fact that she thinks Daniel was the "crazy man" who told her if she ever returned to the Island she would die.  This is highly plausible, seeing as we saw Daniel with the Dharma group in last week's (?) episode down at the Orchid when they discovered the "donkey wheel" behind the wall.  I was sorry to see Charlotte go.

Danielle's back story got fleshed out a bit more - which was great...though sad.  Seeing Smokey drag off her colleague, and then RIP HIS ARM OFF was rather shocking, to say the least.  It's no wonder Danielle seemed like a mad woman from the moment we were 1st introduced to her in season 1.  Her whole life on the Island has been one big nightmare.  It was interesting that when Robert returned from Smokey's lair he seemed to be different, and in fact was.  I wonder what really happened down there to make him ready to shoot his pregnant wife/partner?  

And Jin!  What a man.  I just love his character...always wanting to protect his family.  And it was such a great scene when he was reunited with the other time-travellers after one of the flashes.  I'm so glad they didn't keep them apart for too long.  BTW, Sun was as awesome as usual.  Definitely my favourite female character - and they are my favourite couple of the show.

OK, that's all I have for the moment, but I must say - this season just keeps getting better and better.  Good stuff!

p.s.  I almost forgot.  It was an interesting twist for Christian Shephard to be down the well when Locke fell,  telling him that HE was supposed to move the Island, and that now he had to put things right by bringing everyone back.  Cool.

Reply 15#15 penny3760's post

Kate thought she was pregnant while married to Kevin Callis, played by Nathan Fillion.  A pregnancy test turned out to be negative.  This was all while she was running from the US marshal prior to crashing on the Island.

Hope that helps to clear it up for you Penny.

Source

Reply 17#17 penny3760's post

Glad I could help.

There's always so much happening in the story (and so many characters to keep track of) it's no wonder you found it confusing.  I often check Lostpedia when I want to recheck my facts - especially if they are referring to something that happened a while ago.

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham

I knew the Island would bring John back!  What I didn't expect was for him to have been murdered.  Now I'm really curious as to what Ben's agenda is.

It was nice to see Walt - and to have an explanation as to why he's not back on the Island too.  Interesting that his dreams were of Locke on the Island in the suit.

I like your idea Darlene - that Locke & those with him are in the present.  Can't wait to find out what's really going on!

edit: Just realized that Locke et al aren't on THE Island, they're on Hydra - the small island where our Losties were kept as prisoners.

Reply 30#30 desertdarlene's post

I know - that's why I thought your idea about them being in the present was a plausible theory...though Hydra is very near the big Island, so it may have "disappeared" too.
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +10 Thank you for your continued participati 3-11-2009 15:34

Reply 33#33 studiojek's post

You bring up some good points.  My question about Ben's killing Locke is, if he wanted Locke dead, why did he talk him out of killing himself moments before murdering him?  The mention of Eloise Hawking did seem to cause a marked change in Ben, so I too wonder if that had anything to do with it.

I also wished we'd seen a bit more of Abbadon before he died, but just because he's dead doesn't mean we won't.  There are always flashbacks and time travel.

I also think that Aaron is with Clementine's mother.  That makes the most sense to me, because I'm certain that when Sawyer whispered in Kate's ear before jumping out of the helicopter he asked her to check on her for him.

Reply 36#36 gypsiegirl66's post

I thought it was one one of the better episodes this season, though the Desmond-centric ones are always my favourites.  For some reason, they just seem to write better for his character and I really enjoy his story, and continually wonder how he fits into the big picture.

RE: Studio's remark that Ben might have known the Island wouldn't let Locke kill himself, I read that theory too - either at EW or the Lost Diary.  It's plausible.  Of the two (Widmore & Ben), I think Ben is more innately bad, but Widmore's agenda certainly isn't as altruistic as he told Locke.  It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reply 38#38 studiojek's post

Those Locke/Ben scenes are good.  I know I read it somewhere else, but their relationship is very like Jacob & Esau - seeing as there are so many Biblical references in the show.  I want answers too.

Reply 41#41 desertdarlene's post

LOL!  I like your take on Sawyer waiting for Locke.

I'll post later about the episode.  My head hurts too much right now.

FYI - no episode next week.  The next new episode airs in 2 weeks.

Reply 49#49 studiojek's post

I've read the Egyptian theory on several sites now.  It's plausible - and if it is, then the statue could be either male or female since Egyptian men had long hair too.  

The "cross" Paul was wearing was actually an ankh, which is an Egyptian symbol for life, but also has the meaning of life/death (immortality), male/female - all symbolizing balance.  As a cross it is linked to life & fertility, which is relevant to the Island.

Reply 53#53 gypsiegirl66's post

Yes, we did see Ben's birth - and his mother (named Emily) died in childbirth...which is why his father really didn't care for his son.  

Also, it's 1977 when the baby is born on the Island and Ben is MUCH older than that.  I've read the theory that the baby is Miles - but Amy and Horace are NOT Asian, so that wouldn't make sense at all.  What about Keamy?  He was the freighter guy who killed Alex - and many others.  If the freighter people also had a connection to the Island, he seems about the right age.  I guess we'll have a better idea once we find out the name of the baby - IF we do.

I love the screenshot and the image of Taweret - interesting, especially since she was the ancient Egyptian goddess of maternity and childbirth, protector of women and children.  If it is her, I wonder if the problems with women giving birth on the Island has anything to do with the destruction of the statue?

Reply 61#61 studiojek's post

Just had to voice my excitement that there's a new episode tonight.  YAY!   I know - I'm a nerd, but I enjoy my nerdiness. lol

Reply 63#63 gypsiegirl66's post

Namaste - thoughts:

Locke is still on Hydra Island (I'm assuming this because Locke saw Ben after they arrived) - where Sun & Lapidus were before paddling over to the Island.   I imagine that means Locke is in the "future" timeline too.  I loved when Sun whacked Ben too.

How about when young Ben brought Sayid the food?  I was thinking - I wonder if Sayid would like to kill him now - before he causes all the trouble?

I LOVED that Sawyer made Jack a workman.   And the jobs are assigned according to aptitude - too funny.  I also like the exchange between them in Sawyer & Juliet's cabin...showing the different styles of leadership they have.  It's interesting that Sawyer is more of the thinker, though not surprising, seeing as he was a con man, and in order to be a successful one (especially when running a long con) they have to consider every angle and all the details.

So much more to talk about, but that's all I have for now.

Reply 64#64 waterlilybarb's post

p.s. The baby's name is Ethan!  He was on my short-list of possibilities, but I was glad we got the answer.  Interesting sidenote that I read: Ethan is the one who recruited Juliet, who wound up making his birth possible.  Coincidence?  I doubt it.

Saw this link on The Lost Diary: ?????  What's your take?

Thread