Thread
Printable Version

Lost Season 4-6 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 72#72 shinny's post

Tell me about it.  I'd give myself a headache if I let myself think too much about it...and I already get enough grief from those.  haha
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

OOOH!  Lost is on early here tonight, and the 1st couple minutes already made me do a double take (OH OH OH!).  I'm recording it too, but just had to share...probably because I'm sick.

OK, it's freaking me out now!

Reply 75#75 bala's post

Jack didn't have a son before,

I've lots more to discuss about this episode, but I'm SO sick I need to get off the computer.  I'll be back - if not today, another day.

Reply 79#79 studiojek's post

I'm glad to see someone else is finding Jacob kind of creepy.  I don't trust him anymore than than Flocke.  

Still very sick, so my other thoughts will have to wait.

Reply 85#85 studiojek's post

I like your idea about Kate & Sawyer carrying out a coup against Flocke.  Good one.  I want Sun & Jin to be reunited already too.

I'm also not torn up about Dogan et al being gone.  They seemed to be getting in the way of finishing our story.  Nice to see Keamy again - even if Sayid re-killed him. lol

Reply 89#89 bala's post

Obviously Widmore is who Jacob was warning about.

Reply 91#91 bala's post

He was once the leader of the Others, but was banished from the Island (for breaking the rules) and has been trying to find a way back.  Remember, he was the one that sent the freighter that blew up.  

Reply 95#95 bala's post

I enjoyed it too, but found it curious that Miles was his partner. He also mentioned that his father (who we know is the guy from the Dharma tapes - can't remember his name at the moment) worked at the museum, so he (the father) had to leave the Island too, unless he never participated in the Dharma Initiative in this reality.

I haven't read the EW article or thelostdiary yet, so there might be some ideas there that I haven't though of.

Feeling pretty awful, so I'm outta here for now.

Reply 98#98 bala's post

I think you mean Richard. LOL!  It definitely filled in some gaps though. Now we know how the statue got broken, and that he was a slave on The Black Rock.  We also know (kind of) how the ship wound up in the middle of the Island - though how it stayed intact after that crash is beyond me.  

I think my favourite scene was when Jacob & the MIB were sitting on the beach and talking.  i don't trust either of them, but it's interesting.  

And that episode put us at the half-way point for the final season.

Reply 100#100 bala's post

I figured as much.

Reply 103#103 desertdarlene's post

RE: your last paragraph - I also noted that Jacob said he could not resurrect Richard's wife (along with something else - my head hurts & memory is fuzzy ATM), thus showing he is not all powerful or Christ-like.

The light & dark has  been a running theme since the show's beginning.  I noticed the rocks too - and how Jacob & MIB seemed to be keeping score as to who had more power at any given time.

Bala: do you mean why can't MIB leave the Island since Jacob is dead?  If so, apparently there are rules, and, though Jacob is dead, he still has representatives on the Island.

Reply 107#107 bala's post

JUST finished watching the episode!  So glad I avoided spoilers.

Bala, you are remembering wrong.  Jin IS the father of Sun's baby, which was why she the Others were so interested in her.

A little bummed with some of the episode, as I was hoping that Sun & Jin would finally be reunited - not just seen together in the flashsideways.  BTW - weird that they weren't married in that timeline, and that Sun was already pregnant.  

Another odd coincidence - not that Mikhail was there, but that he got his eye shot out.  Ah, Patchy...we missed you so...NOT. lol

I KNEW, and was delighted that Desmond was "The Package".  SO happy to see him again - even if it was only for a few seconds.

OK, that's all for now - though there were some very funny one liners in this one.  Not too often I LOL more than once during a Lost episode, and is it just me, or is James getting better looking?  Enjoyed that eye candy tonight.

Reply 111#111 bala's post

Sun DID have an affair with him (his name was something Lee), and wasn't sure at first who was the father, but Juliet did some tests (she was a fertility expert) and the timing of the pregnancy made it conclusive that Jin was the father.  Sad that I remember that all off the top of my head...I didn't even have to double check.  I need more of a life. hahaha

This week's episode is a Desmond-centric epi - always the best!  Catch y'all later to duscuss Happily Ever After.

I wasn't wrong.  I'm watching right now.  This episode is AWESOME!  I expect it to just get better.  Desmond epi's ROCK!

Reply 115#115 waterlilybarb's post

OK, I won't say anything, but this episode was FABULOUS!  Right up there with "The Constant", for me.  Had me yelling and talking to the TV most of the hour.  Can't wait until everyone else gets to see it too.  I'm totally geeking!

Reply 117#117 bala's post

If you had been as into the show from the beginning as others of us, you would be as delighted with how much was revealed in this episode re: the endgame for the series.   This was a pivotal episode.  The end is REALLY beginning now.  

Reply 120#120 bala's post

Finally got to watch it tonight.  I DO love Hugo!  Libby was also in the mental hospital originally -  when Hurley was - though he never met her there.  It was a treat to get to see her.  I heard she was doing an epi, but forgot and also wondered how they'd work it in in a meaningful way.  

What about Desmond running down Locke?!  And Flocke throwing Des into the well...and Ilana blowing up a la Dr. Artz?  

Not quite as good as last week's epi - Desmond-centric episodes are hard to beat - but a solid epi, with a few more answers.

Update

Just thought I'd let you know - Gypsy has been ill again, so I awarded the participation points in this forum.  Please keep the comments coming.  I love to read them, and I know others do too.

Reply 123#123 bala's post

I saw it coming, because it happened before with another character, but I still kind of yelped.  I think they were all a little stunned,..and maybe thinking, "Dude, you got some Ilana on you"...a la Hurley after Dr. Artz blew up. lol

Thread