Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 247#247 shinny's post

Americans aren't stupid
And you wonder why your friend couldn't find Ireland.
(Not all Americans are stupid)
Peace - through superior firepower

Reply 261#261 commando's post

Haha, yeh I've seen this video before.

I work with American's every day and I know this is not a true reflection of them all. However, I have met a few spacers in my travels state side !

Here's Another:

This is one of my favourites. It's Rick Mercer's Talking to Americans. (Sorry the image isn't as clear, but the sound is good.

p.s. Ottawa is the capital of Canada - not Toronto.

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-9-2008 16:51 ]
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 263#263 waterlilybarb's post

It's more about how little Americans know about their nearest neighbour.   People are just beyond stupid!

Reply 264#264 waterlilybarb's post

Lol, that's very funny Barb.

I once had a guy I deal with in London ask me if we were on the same time zone as the UK. When I said, of course we are, he said that he thought we were ahead by an hour. So, even if by some bizarre chance we were on a different time zone, we are west of London and would therefore be behind them !

In defense of my fellow americans please believe we are all not retarded.  Of course if you asked my wife she would probably agree with you all.........(sigh)
Lost in space and time, trying to find the way.

Reply 266#266 RyanB1's post

Lol Ryan, I take it your wife is not American then?!

Bought a new watch

i got a new watch today

Reply 268#268 bala's post

Very nice, but you need to reset the time.

Reply 269#269 waterlilybarb's post

it picture from a catalogue

i reset everything

Reply 270#270 bala's post

I was joking.  I knew it was a stock picture.

Im looking at getting a PDA/Tablet anyone have any suggestions?
The two that im really interested in are the Nokia N810 and the HP Ipaq 214.
I want one for when im away but it has to be open source so I can download Realplayer and such to view my shows on here. So anything by apple is out. Cheers guys

Very nice watch by the way Bala, I don't actually wear a watch unless im going out on a night out. I think Im to rough with them as they always break. I've had some pretty sturdy one as well

[ Last edited by casper27 at 6-11-2008 19:08 ]

i have always had watches since i was a kid so for me I'm used to wearing them all the time -of course watches get broken-this must my 20th watch i have replaced .

Reply 268#268 bala's post

That's a nice one bala, use it well!

Reply 274#274 studiojek's post

i plan to

Got my new PDA, well actually it's an internet tablet the Nokia N810

Just waiting for it to arrive can't wait. Love new gadgets
Hope all is well with everyone, just keep checking in at moment as very busy with home stuff but I am around and keeping an eye on the boards for a girly invasion party!!

Reply 261#261 commando's post

just watched that video! hilarious!!!  And it is people like those that make me ashamed to say that I am American!  I lived in Israel for a year and when people found out I was American they automatically judged me purely based on when I came from!

I did think it was hilarious when the man put the pin for North Korea in Australia just because that is what it was labeled then said he never realized how much bigger N Korea was to S Korea ahahah  It really bothers me how oblivious Americans are to what is going on in the world around them!

okay with that said, I just want to test one thing...all of you who think you are superior because you are not American, answer me this:
-What is the only city in the world under constant daily missile attack and where is it located?  The residents of this city are fifteen seconds to head for a bomb shelter when the Red Siren goes off before the missile hits.  Over 200 families live in unsecure houses (houses without shelter) and do not live fifteen seconds from a shelter and when the siren goes off have to pray for their lives!

[ Last edited by imarielle626 at 6-22-2008 22:54 ]

Reply 277#277 imarielle626's post

I'm going to guess it's somewhere in Israel...probably near the Gaza Strip.

OK, I think my guess was correct, but I did some research and more specifically, I think it's the city of Sderot.  Am I right?

[ Last edited by waterlilybarb at 6-22-2008 21:38 ]

Reply 278#278 waterlilybarb's post

yes you are right.  It is Sderot.  It was probably obvious that I was talking about a place in Israel since well it's me, but after visiting Sderot and hearing experiences from my friends who happen to be there on a not so good day, it bothers me so much that no one really knows how much this city needs help and no one is doing anything about it (not even the Israeli government!)

Reply 279#279 imarielle626's post

Yeah, after I initially posted and then did a search, it was a bit of a challenge to find the specific city.  I found an article in the Yale Daily News that named Sderot, and then I checked the wiki.  What a stressful way to live.  I especially found it interesting (not in a pleasant way) that the young children are so used to it because it's all they've ever really known.   Very unsettling, but not shocking, since children are so resiliant, but truly are so much a product of their environment.

Thread