The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 738#738 rickman's post

Yeah it is good but hard when you haven't done manual work during the winter

Reply 740#740 rickman's post

Yes it is and time changes like this site

Reply 742#742 rickman's post

Yeah i know it amazing how technology keeps getting more complicated

Reply 744#744 codebreaker's post

No it just the fact they need make money,  technology is there for them take advantage of. If there wasn't demand for it they wouldn't make it

Reply 746#746 codebreaker's post

That awful mind you our new tv still last because we hardly ever use it most of stuff i watch now are on the internet so only time TV will be used special occasions like 2012 Games.

The fact that you hook up your hard drive to the TV and constantly use it might be caused it break down.

Reply 749#749 codebreaker's post

Did you have any insurance when you bought the TV?

Most places 1 year warranty on electronic goods?

Reply 752#752 codebreaker's post

I am not surprised you went different TV.

Reply 757#757 spratt89's post

it's a good thing she said yes

Reply 759#759 sanggye's post

Sorry to hear that but at least in a few weeks it should back to normal

The 'Silliest' Excuses Used By Benefit Cheats

• "We don't live together he just comes each morning to fill up his flask".
  •   "I wasn't using the ladders to clean windows, I carried them for therapy for my bad back."
  • "I had no idea my wife was working! I never noticed her leaving the house twice a day in a fluorescent jacket and a Stop Children sign."
  •   "My wallet was stolen so someone must have been using my identity, I haven't been working".
  •   "I didn't know I was still on benefit."
  •   "I didn't declare my savings because I didn't save them, they were given to me."
  •   "He lives in a caravan in the drive, we're not together."
  • "He does come here every night and leave in the morning and although he has
    no other address I don't regard him as living here."
  • "It wasn't me working, it was my identical twin.
  • "I wasn't aware my wife was working because her hours of work coincided with the times I spent in the garden shed."

Reply 762#762 casper27's post

Well i couldn't agree more but some people realise they get more money on benefit than working for minimum wage. your telling me if government paid more than you earn you wouldn't be tempted to be on benefits?

Reply 765#765 shinny's post

Yeah thanks for that. I agree with everyone on here about see able bodied people not working but again as some who has actively looking for a job the main reason i don't get selected is that i haven't been working 6 months when i tell interview that they politely smile and say we will get back to you. As someone who's not on benefit and actively looking for a job what am i suppose to do?. .

Reply 767#767 shinny's post

Yes that's the general advice i get but one important rule Don't lie on your CV at what point does embellishment become a lie, i am honest person i believe if your honest with your interviewer they appreciate your honestly and consider you for the job as it demonstrate integrity and honesty these important qualities that i think are important any job . That's just my opinion..

City fan gets the needle after losing bet

Manchester City may have broken their 35-year trophy drought this season and reached the Champions League but the season had a bitter end for supporter Rodney Ward.

The 24-year-old has had a tattoo of Manchester United's badge etched on his chest after losing a bet.

Ward and United fan Paul Madden decided to bet each other over which club would finish highest in the Premier League last August - with the loser getting the other club's crest tattooed on his chest.

The heating engineer told the Daily Mail: "I'm embarrassed as anything but it could have been worse if United had won the Champions League too.

"As it is I'll just have to grin and bear the fact I've got a United logo on my chest."

Ward is the latest City fan to have a questionable tattoo on his body.

Source

What a stupid bet

Quote:
    you could keep doing what your doing and not get any interviews
    I missed this comment first time around but i realise one thing there are number of factors that affect whether you get selected and no one can teach you how to get a job it's up to you figure it out. The hardest thing you might have consider is to lower your salary expectation to level where they might consider hiring you. It hard to imagine going back to minimum wage when you been use getting paid above minimum wage in the past.

Reply 774#774 casper27's post

What do you think about the teacher striking because of pension cuts, you kind feel bad for older ones the ones teaching for over 25 years but younger teacher at least can save up.

Reply 776#776 sanggye's post

Yeah i know it's a shame but sometimes you have no choice espically advert electronic products . They really trying make you buy those products. I thinking of buying a laptop soon but i don't want spend my money on it even through i can afford it i just don't risk spend in case i need money in the future.

What a great wife

A Mexican woman has been arrested for trying to sneak her husband out of prison in a suitcase following a conjugal visit.

Maria del Mar Arjona, 19, was stopped as she left the prison in Chetumal, the capital of the Caribbean state Quintana Roo.

Staff became suspicious as the young woman seemed nervous and was struggling with a black, wheeled suitcase which looked particularly bulky.

Police spokesman Gerardo Campos said prison guards checked the bag and found inmate Juan Ramirez Tijerina curled up inside.

Convicted in 2007, Ramirez is serving a 20-year sentence for illegal weapons possession.

He is thought to be a member of the Sinaloa drugs cartel.

Arjona has been arrested and charges are pending.

Source

UK NEWS

Is anyone planning on buying last edition news of the world on sunday ?

It could be quite valuable in 20 years times

Thread