Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 555#555 bala's post

You can't have missed this it's been all over the news man. At least we get an extra bank holiday
@ Barb
Why can't you eat the fish where you live? is it too polluted?

All the snow has gone now down here only got a few inches so the rain took most of it. Im venturing up north to visit the parents next week so hope it clears up there soon. Dosn't look likely though.

I dont go in for all that social networking stuuf. I have a facebook account which I never update but use just to get info such as mob numbers and such from  Seems like some people kive on there and update useless things like "having a cup of coffee" and stuff which just seems very needy for attention.

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 2-13-2011 21:50  
i kind of wish this place could be social network where member could post what tv show they are watching
Topgear on bbc2, there you go

You could edit your profile like I have to show your status!!

Hey the status updates are going well. Interesting to see what everyone is up to. "im making a cuppa" updates are not allowed though

Quote:
Originally posted by codebreaker at 2-14-2011 22:26  
That was a great suggestion
cheers never thought of using it like that before.I have never watched Brothers and Sisters it seems quite popular, will have to see if the missus fancies a new series for us to watch if we can fit it in

Reply 698#698 bala's post

I do agree that speeding should carry a penaulty but my main gripe is with the clampers out there just out to make a buck out of us.

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 3-29-2011 13:16  
What i thought it's always 1 hour i not heard of them change it to two hours?
The forum time may not change as not all countries adjust for daylight saving. its quite a recent thing aswell only about 90 years or so I think.

Watching it now they are playing ok. Winning 1-0

Now that was too close...

Well they played brilliantly in the world cup. Better than us anyway. They still look like an alright side.

Yeah well deserved draw, good game though better than I thought it would be.

Forgot to mention I just got a new laptop from Dell. Its a beast and way faster than my home pc. Heres some of the specs.
Dell XPS 15 L502x
i7-2720QM processor (Second Gen)
15.6 FHD B+RGLED TL (1920x1080) 1080p  (Full HD Screen)
6144MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [1x4096 + 1x2048]
640GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
9-cell 90Whr Lithium Ion battery
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M Graphics Card
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 (2x2 b/g/n+ Bluetooth Combo Card)

Its fast as a fast thing sliding down a very slippery stick covered in grease.

[ Last edited by casper27 at 3-31-2011 09:07 ]

Got it for £800 after all discounts. Should have been £1100.
Im away on courses all the time so I thought I'd treat my self. It the second generation Sandy Bridge processor(optimus) aswell so its even faster.
Italso came with facial recognition software for logins and such which is cool.

It came with a 15 month subscription to McAfee which has hardware accelerator built in.

More sunny days to come. My favorite time of year will be getting the BBQ out this weekend and maybe just maybe a few beers.

Reply 761#761 bala's post

I hate benefits cheats. Why should I work my bum off and miss out having time with my family, while those lazy people get to lie in bed till mid afternoon, smoke, drink and then winge that they are not getting enough off the government. GET A JOB....... Rant over.

Wow cannot believe he actually went through with it. I guess a bets a bet.

Reply 773#773 bala's post

It is hard in this day and age with the economy like it is. It has become a real competetive market out there with employers able to pick and choose more, thus employees are willing to take less for doing more.
One thing thats griping me at the moment is the price of petrol. It seems like a right postcode lottery. At my local Tesco's it's £1.34 a litre of unleaded. This is the best price its been in months, down from about a £1.38 average. Still around where my parents live 300 miles away unleaded from their Tesco garage is £1.29 a litre. Same petrol, same company but different area. The reason is we dont have a Asda around here to compete with. Where as there is an Tesco, Asda and Sainsburtys within 2 miles where my parents live promoting competetiveness.

I have a Dell xps 15 l502 version. I specifically ordered the 9 cell battery with it so it lifted the laptop up slightyly. I did not realise till I started using it that it has a side releasing vent for the fan which keeps it cool.
This laptop is way too powerfull for my everyday use it has the new Intel Sandy Bridge i7 processor which usually sits at about 2% when im using it

Thread