96 12345
Thread
Printable Version

The Gentleman's(and not so) Club

Reply 820#820 bala's post

Love the one about Apple, Just because Steve Jobs tells you that you need something does not mean its great (Sheep). All those lies Apple told people about the Iphone 4 saying this is new and we invented this, I was soo glad when Nokia won their lawsuit for patent infringment

Reply 822#822 sanggye's post

So true, the pinicle for me was when isteve decreed that flash was not needed, not neccessary and his top pick of web pages did not need it even though 89% of web pages use it and indeed more than half of all iphone are jail broken to get it.
Most people I know only buy the iphone because they can jailbreak it to do some of the stuff they need, if Apple really wanted to stop jailbreaking they easily can but why would they??

Reply 825#825 bala's post

What you going to be doing??

Reply 827#827 bala's post

Well done mate hope it works out for you

Reply 832#832 sanggye's post

Have a great time looks really cool. Have you seen this?
http://advertising.dragoncon.org ... sion-now-available/

Its an electronic pocket programme for the event.

Reply 840#840 bala's post

You cannot beat AVG, its free and I have never had any trouble with it. Norton on the other hand is a complete resource hog and you can never really get rid of it once installed. It seems to crop up all over the place once bedded in.  Zone Alarm is really good though you have to pay for it.
I personally have AVG suite running alongside Malwarebytes software and Peerblock all running in harmony in the background.

Reply 848#848 rickman's post

Wow Rick that really does suck. Have a word with Lbj as he is in China, he may be able to advise a way forward with the restriction.

Reply 852#852 bala's post

The site is not hosted from China but I believe Lbj is.

Reply 854#854 bala's post

Well I cannot say anything as i've always got my head in my phone on my travels. I've got a Samsung Glaxy S2, what handsets has everyone got. First one to say an Iphone gets a

Reply 872#872 shinny's post

I tried the whole self repair thing this morning on my petrol lawnmower. 2 hours alot of grease, springs everywhere and.......... It's even more broke now than when I first started.
B&Q here I come, probably another £300 on a new lawnmower

Reply 875#875 rickman's post

That sounds like far too much hard work for a easy Saturday afternoon
@bala
I have to have a petrol lawnmower as my backgarden is too big for extension leads, they would be daisy chained right accross the lawns which aint great. I was thinking about treating myself to a new gadget anyway soo im now in the process of talking the wife into letting me get a sit on mower. How cool are they...

Reply 879#879 bala's post

No not yet, the missus has convinced me to wait till january sales to get one. we are just going to rent one from the local tool hire shop til then. At least she has come round to the idea.

Cannot beat mother nature for these things.

Reply 904#904 bala's post

I will give it a try later when I get 5mins to my self.

10 years this thread has been going, must be a record :-)

Reply 1246#1246 bala's post

Not disappeared just took a hiatus life things got in the way. How are you glad your still around keeping the boards busy.

96 12345
Thread