Thread
Printable Version

Life Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 1#1 LaveticusPrime's post Season 2 Comment

it was a good episode i think my favourite part was when he shot the guy for shooting him 'returning the bullet

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 11:58 ]

Season 2 Comment

i also enjoy this show even though we don't follow it regularly. it's a different take on the million cookie-cutter cop shows that has a good feel to it. favorite scene: hazmat guy repeating "i wouldn't do that..."

racing to the finish

...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Season 2 - Episode 13

RACING TO THE FINISH

This was a very good episode and some parts I did not see coming, look forward to next episode

Season 2 Comment

I so love this show.  I watched this particular episode twice    Timing is everything.

Racing to the finish.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

Racing to the finish - Season 2 Comment

This was a great episode. This guy is really funny. lol  He is one of the most funny detectives on tv in my opinion. Like when he was asking about the NASA number or when he's talking to the guy about the rocket fuel. lol Anyway, I guess I will be watching more of this show.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 11:59 ]

Season 2 Comment

I really like this show - it has a great combination of some really funny bits most from cruise and some dramatic bits.  I can't wait to find out who and why the person who framed charlie is and did it.

racing to the finish -

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Season 2 Comment

another show I have watched for the first time for the race, but this one I actually liked
I have to start with season one now

see you at the finish!

Season 2 Comment

I like this show but he has slowed down trying to fine who sent him to prison

See you at the finish

Season 2 - Episode 14 Mirror Ball

This episode was OK and his car has still got the bullet holes

Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post Season 2 Comment

did you see his new car at the end  ?

Reply 31#31 bala's post Season 2 Comment

I didn't realise it was his car i thought he gave it to the girl

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 12:00 ]

Reply 32#32 codebreaker's post Season 2 Comment

she returned it to him

Reply 33#33 bala's post Season 2 Comment

Why would you paint a car that you borrowed and i can't remember what colour it was before

Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post Season 2 Comment

I just think she just want it to make her own-it will be funny if he drives it in next episode with resse in the car

Season 1 - Episode 1

Well, this episode had the daunting task of introducing the characters and the premise of the show and it did ok. The main character was in jail falsly for 12 years and got out, got paid a lot, and still went back to work. He has an odd personality, which is very interesting. His new partner has problems of her own. I like the idea of having two partners that have issues and both trying to pretend nothing's wrong. The dynamics between the main character and the other cops he used to work with is interesting. The case in this episode was unique; I had never seen something like it. A boy was killed and the boy's father was in jail. I liked how they brought the main character back to jail in the first episode.  Overall a very good first episode

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 11:07 ]

Season 1 - Episode 2

I thought this episode was really good. Crews and his partner investigate a murder of a newly wed wife and the prime suspect is her groom. Crews knows that he's innocent and attempts to prove that while everyone else believes it's the husband. Anyways, it turned out to be one of the bride-maid's brothers that killed her. I suspected that; it wasn't much of a mystery. Oh well, still a good episode. I liked how they continued Crew's search for the truth and him finding out who set him up and killed the people. Overall, this episode had a good story, a good case, interesting guest characters, some good humor, and more great character development.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 11:08 ]

Season 1 - Episode 3

Crews and his partner investigate the murder of a woman that was shot in her car. It turned out that her husband was a coward and his wife tried to fight off the gunman, but she died. I didn't really like the case in this episode. It wasn't very interesting and it was really sad. I didn't think it was that original either. I liked all of the character developments in this episode though. The whole thing with Crews and the lead detective of his case was interesting and so were his interactions with his wife. I really loved the part when Crews was chasing after the suspect; that was great. Also, the whole coyote thing was great. Overall, not an interesting case, but everything else was great.

Season 1 - Episode 4

The duo investigate the murder of a rich gay man in his home. Crews finds a homeless man that lives in the backyard and he becomes the key suspect, but Crews thinks he's innocent. In the end, it was just a plot to get money and frame other people to get away with. Naughty rich people, I thought it was a good story. I liked Crews' interactions with the homeless man and I also like how Crews denied the lawyer. She was married; what was she thinking? Anyways, overall this episode had a good story and more good character development. One more thing I found it really funny when the homeless man was throwing things at Crews and when he allowed the homeless man to stay in his house. but the funniest part was when the hotel room was on fire because the homeless man decided to have a smoke and then fall asleep.

Season 1 - Episode 5

An "angel" falls from a great height and is dead so Crews and Dani have to figure out who killed her. In the end, it was a complicated web of Russian guy and CIA protection...that doesn't really matter. What I really liked was seeing the bad guy go. It's always interesting watching the cops get pissed when a bad guy goes and I loved the smugness of the bad guy's character. I liked the whole play on angels and devils throughout this episode also. I don't really like the story line with Crews' lawyer and I'm happy she's leaving. Overall, this episode had a great story and more great character development.

Season 1 - Episode 6

I didn't like this episode as much as the previous ones. We learn more about Dani and her issues. Dani is convinced that a drunk is asking for help because he wants someone to stop him from raping. In the end, the drunk practically "kidnaps" Dani and Crews comes to save the day! The ending of the episode was really good. The whole side story of the bank stand-off wasn't very intersting. It adds more suspicion, but it just wasn't that interesting. Overall, this was more of a Dani-centered episode and I didn't like the story very much. It was still a half decent episode with some more information on our main characters

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-1-2015 11:09 ]

Thread