98 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Lipstick Jungle Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Lipstick Jungle Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Please can discuss this show on here temporary until a forum has been created.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-12-2015 22:49 ]

I am watching it now and it is fun! I enjoyes Sex and the City (btw I can´t thank you guys enough for uploading it next!) so it was a no-brainer. Funny enough between Lipstick Jungle and Cashmere Mafia, I started watching the former first but then LJ was the one that got picked up for a new season.

A girl comment: Kirby shirtless? Doens´t get old!!

Reply 2#2 alexgirl's post

i hate her for getting involved with him

I can understand where you are coming from.. but the guy is hot!   Other then that, I honestly think that her husband is cheating on her! He´s behaviour is too suspicious!!

Reply 4#4 alexgirl's post

yeah but still nico learnt her lesson in season-finale didn't she?

can't believe i watch whole lot this afternoon.

Victory Ford -i love her i knew guy bought her company

PS: I hate this show

I think we will find out more in september! I just finished watching it all as well
Shouldnt it maybe say spoiler on the title of the thread?

Reply 6#6 alexgirl's post

yeah but i didn't give any thing major away

i hate this show but i still watched 7 episodes

damn victory ford for being so cute

It´s very girly, so I don´t blame you
It´s not the show I am looking forward the most (for new episodes), but it´s very entertaining and I will definetly keep on watching. And Victory is really cute!! Totally agree

Reply 8#8 alexgirl's post

i won't be watch SATC

I like this one! I am a SATC fan anyway so I was very curious abuot this show and I am so excited to get this AND SATC in the next update too!!!!! This totally made my summer...........................

And the soundtrack of Lipstick Jungle is also really good!! I´ve downloaded a few songs from the show that I didn´t know before!

Reply 11#11 alexgirl's post

hey alexgirl, i have never watched SATC, so i dunno what to expect, what am i in for?

Reply 11#11 alexgirl's post

I agree, they have great music. Some of it is already on my ipod but I might have to check out the rest.......

Quote:
Originally posted by J708 at 6-30-2008 10:36  
hey alexgirl, i have never watched SATC, so i dunno what to expect, what am i in for?
Females in charge need i say more

Reply 12#12 J708's post

If you´ve heard or read anything about SATC, it is definetely a lighter version of it. Not as much sex or about it as the original. The show is mainly about women with powerfull careers (like Bala said) trying to jugle a bit of family, new relationships and old ones. It´s fun but it´s not spicy, not even the dialog. So it´s just nice plain simple entertainment. Hope I could help

So I watched the first seaosn of it, and the show isn't that bad,  Nikko gets on my nerves a bit but I guess she is trying to find herself it seems like she never got to before.

I think Victory and her assisstant will end up together, but I guess they work that in the next seasons.

When does Season 2 come, is this a new show that never picked up, or is it still running.

Reply 16#16 minnieholly's post

It got picked up for a second season that wll start on september 24th.

Lipstick Jungle

Bizarrely, while I think so many elements of this show are super weak I'm sure I'll carry on watching it.....I finished Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy and any of the other rom-com-drama shows I'm interested in so I gotta get my 'romance' and 'girly show' kicks where I can hehe. Sometimes you finish work and you just want to unwind by watching romantic comedy!! The women wear SO much make-up in this!! I think I saw one shot of Brooke Shields in bed with less make-up on and she looked way better! Also Kim Raver (Nico) had some scenes where she'd obviously been crying a lot so her make-up wasn't as heavy and she looked beautiful too.....When the make-up on actresses such as Brooke Shields or Courtenay Cox in Dirt is caked on and their faces sculpted I just end up staring at their make-up.....well, that said I found the make-up and lighting on Courtnay Cox in Dirt so precise/bizarre that it kinda kept me hypnotised until I began to get into the show for real so......

Anyone else watching this?

Reply 18#18 peasonice's post

I merged your post into this thread as it was talking about the show.  I'm sure others who watch will have comments for you.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 18#18 peasonice's post (spoilers in my post)

I totally agree with you. In fact, I said the exact same thing when I saw Brooke Shields and I thought she looked so much better. I think she kinda looks a bit drag like with all that slap on her face.

I quite like this show so I'll be sticking with it for the time being.

I totally get why Nico cheated on her husband and it's quite obvious that he is having an affair with the student. You can be sure that's what caused his heart attack !!!

I also think that the relationship with Kirby is serious. He clearly cares for her. Perhaps it's her marriage that's the bad relationship and this is the one she should be committing to. Time will tell !

98 12345
Thread