Thread
Printable Version

Lipstick Jungle Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 28#28 bala's post

That's why it's called a series LOL!

Reply 29#29 studiojek's post

Well really here me thinking it was magic

Lipstick Jungle 2x05

Who saw that guy was going kiss Wendy a mile away ?

Reply 31#31 bala's post

*raises hand* But who saw Wendy kissing Dennis back from a mile away? Not me. That part was a shocker.

I don't like Griffin much either. I also thought he had something for Nico. But he might've just been a worried boss, who didn't want anything to happen to the editor-in-chief of an important magazine. I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the story unfolds.

I initially liked Victory and Roderigo, but I've come to conclude that I like Victory and Joe better. Like Shinny said, Victory and Roderigo just don't match. And his daughter's attitude....

Reply 32#32 funny-girl101's post

Well two episode in one week and i just new episode that updated and it fantastic episode i feel bad guy who bought ring for victory . Nico want a baby maybe kerby will give her one?. great fashion show.

Reply 32#32 funny-girl101's post

*also raises hand* Yeah, from the very first moment they were sitting at the soccer game together I called it - and it bugged me. I wasn't happy with Wendy kissing him back.

I also agree that at first I liked Victory and Rodrigo but now am liking Victory and Joe better. Like she said, he tells her things as he sees them and seems to understand her.

Reply 34#34 studiojek's post

Yeah exactly! Whereas Roderigo keeps on complaining about Victory's lifestyle, Joe understands it because he leads a similar lifestyle. They do say opposites attract, but not in Victory and Roderigo's case...

New episode? What? *goes to viptv.net*

Reply 35#35 funny-girl101's post

yeah they put episode yesterday for Halloween

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Haha, that's weird. I mean it would've made more sense if they aired the other episode first, since it had Halloween stuff in it (Wendy taking her kids trick-or-treating, Nico saying that she hates Halloween, Victory going to the Halloween party..), but yeah. Did NBC change the show's timeslot? I went on tvguide.com and the next episode will be on November 7th, which is a Friday... I'm confused.

But back to the show itself, I feel so bad for Joe. I found it a little weird for Victory to kiss Roderigo so publicly, but I guess she was still in her moment of euphoria and didn't really care. Poor Joe though... It's gonna be interesting to see what will become of their "friendship" after what happened. I mean, after all, Joe still owns Victory's label.

I do not like Meghan. The way she reacted to Nico's gesture seemed very ungrateful and I don't know, I thought she should at least be somewhat nice to Nico considering everything Nico did for her. But anyway. I think Nico would make a great mom...but I don't think Kirby's ready for being a father yet though.

As for Wendy, I'm really excited for her storyline.

Reply 37#37 funny-girl101's post

they must change the show to friday

Reply 37#37 funny-girl101's post

I feel the same way - felt so badly for Joe and was surprised about how she kissed Rodrigo. I hope that Joe doesn't give up on Victory though, I still think they have a future. Marriage was probably a silly first step though!

I'm also very excited for Wendy and her starting up her own business (called it lol!).

I actually think Kirby would make a great dad, and I think he's of the newer generation where he wouldn't mind being the stay-at-home-dad while Nico continues working.

Reply 39#39 studiojek's post

i have agree that he is part of the newer generation where he wouldn't mind being the stay-at-home-dad while Nico continues working but as a man he probably still want job rather just being stay at home dad. i can't imagine him giving being a waiter for stay at home dad while nico work. no man want feel like he's not pulling his weight.

Reply 40#40 bala's post

Taking care of a child I believe can be considered pulling one's weight

Reply 41#41 studiojek's post

Well the new episode was interesting Wendy telling her husband about the kiss was going get her into trouble but kerby mum wow a part of me agrees with what she think about nico but it will be interesting to see what happens now with them don't you think

Reply 42#42 bala's post

I'm glad Wendy told her husband about the kiss, though I don't think she was 100% honest - was it my imagination or did she kiss back? Anyway, I'm glad they cleared the air.

I think Kirby will end up moving in but they will find a new apartment together to get away from the 'ghost' of Charles.

I really hope Joe and Victory get back together! She looked happy to know he almost proposed!

Reply 43#43 studiojek's post

Yes! I thought I saw her kissing back too. But I'm glad they resolved it.

I love those shoes too! How awkward was that moment? I disagree with Tina. I don't think Nico is treating Kirby like "a dress that gets worn a few times and then thrown to the back of the closet." She made a big step in inviting Kirby Bonfire's events and parties and everything. If she wasn't serious about the relationship, I don't think she would've done that.

I couldn't really figure out Victory's expression at the end. I thought she was mostly sad to find out that she hurt Joe so much without realizing. But I can kind of see happiness (mixed with shock) in her expression too.

Reply 44#44 funny-girl101's post

Oh dear - totally awkward moment! There was something very creepy about Mom and Girlfriend being identical...definitely Oedipal! I agree, I think Nico is very serious about Kirby - and she may seem like the busy businesswoman kind of gal, but at the end of the day her friends and family are the most important things to her. I think she'll get pregnant soon!

Episode 8

Well, I watched this episode from a whole new perspective knowing it's been cancelled. I didn't read the whole announcement - are they waiting till the end of the season or cancelling it asap? I hope we at least get some resolution. Here is how I'd like things to be resolved!!:

Joe and Victory end up getting married - hey, they could make the last episode a wedding one, like Hollywood has been doing since the beginning of time!

Nico and Wendy decide to open a business together, just the two of them as bosses.

I have a feeling Nico and Kirby would split up, but I would like to see them remain friends, maybe he could work as a photographer for the new business.

Reply 46#46 studiojek's post

i'm still in 2 mind whether to continue watch this

Ugh, I'm so mad at NBC for canceling this show. I heard there's 5 unaired episodes left, but I'm unsure of whether they were shot before or after the cancellation announcement. If would be awful if they just ended with an abrupt ending. I heard there're fans who are sending in tubes of lipstick to the big executives at NBC. I hope it'll have an effect.

Ahh Joe. I had a feeling that he was going to break off all ties with Victory, but for a second there, I thought he was going to propose.

What was with the Griffin and Nico scene in the beginning? No! Kirby and Nico all the way! But they do seem to be on different pages -- Nico and her want to settle down somewhere peaceful, and Kirby's unwillingness to leave the city. I don't think they'll break up, but I think that'll be one of the issues that they have to work out.

Thread