Thread
Printable Version

Lipstick Jungle Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 18#18 peasonice's post (spoilers in my post)

I totally agree with you. In fact, I said the exact same thing when I saw Brooke Shields and I thought she looked so much better. I think she kinda looks a bit drag like with all that slap on her face.

I quite like this show so I'll be sticking with it for the time being.

I totally get why Nico cheated on her husband and it's quite obvious that he is having an affair with the student. You can be sure that's what caused his heart attack !!!

I also think that the relationship with Kirby is serious. He clearly cares for her. Perhaps it's her marriage that's the bad relationship and this is the one she should be committing to. Time will tell !

Reply 21#21 bala's post

I agree, clearly they are not talking to each other. We only see that she is cheating so far, but I can be sure he is cheating too and as she said herself, maybe she knew that subconsciously and that's what made her stray.

They are as bad as each other !

I think this was a good start to Season 2. I'm glad Charles has gone in this first episode, I really didn't like him & my earlier suspicions were right ! Somehow though I think all of this is going to come back to bite her. His student girlfriend is pregnant with his child, that's going to cause some complications in the future, you can be sure. Most likely money related !!

They were laughing in the church because A) they were tipsy & B) They compared the surgeon to the size of a G spot ! lol.

There's a blip in this too. At the start of it when they are in the Church, Joe is obviously sitting on the left side of the church (when you are facing down) because he's looking over at them to the right (facing down), but in the second shot at the end of the show, he's over the right side!!

Reply 29#29 funny-girl101's post

Lol, you'll have to catch up & come and talk to us about Season 2 !!

Reply 22#22 bala's post

Yeh and we also find out why she is so strong and independant. She never had anyone to rely on. Poor Nico. Her Father seems like a bit of a fool over his Son. I'm sure that's not the last we'll see of her brother.

What about Rodrigo's daughter? Well, she was a little madam! I don't like Victory and Rodrigo together. I don't think they are matched and not just status wise or whatever. I just think he's the wrong personality type for her.

Did anyone else think that Griffin has a thing for Nico? I saw it at the party they were at. I wonder where they will go with that now?

I honestly think Shane wanting another baby was his way of trying to keep Wendy at home. We heard him saying about it being "his turn" !! If I was Wendy, I'd say ok we can have another baby, but you're taking care of it. I'm sure that would soon shush him!

It was sad that Kirby and Nico broke up, but as Studio said, they are just in different places. It's such a shame though. I wonder will Kirby regret it?

Me too Studio, I hope Joe makes a reappearance soon. I know the show got cancelled so I hope this all gets sorted during these last few episodes. I'm doubtful though as they were made before the show got cancelled, well, put on hold.

I found out recently that Andrew McCarthy and I share the same Birthday. Although, he's 12 years older than me, lol.

[ Last edited by shinny at 12-8-2008 01:24 ]

Reply 61#61 studiojek's post

I completely agree. If they are going to cancel it, then I'd leave it as it is right now. The only cliff hanger was Kirby and Nico, but I really believe she has moved on. She's got more in common with Griffin anyway. So I suppose they might have dragged that out a little more, but she's going to end up with Griffin anyway.  

I think it's great the way they captured how funny life can be. As soon as she froze her eggs, she begins a relationship with a man who clearly is at the same stage of life as she is and this would most likely progress to having children together.

I agree that Wendy had to let Shane go. Although, I've never liked his character. I think he over acts and even though I know he's British, his accent sounds forced !

Thread