Thread
Printable Version

Lipstick Jungle Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Lipstick Jungle

Bizarrely, while I think so many elements of this show are super weak I'm sure I'll carry on watching it.....I finished Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy and any of the other rom-com-drama shows I'm interested in so I gotta get my 'romance' and 'girly show' kicks where I can hehe. Sometimes you finish work and you just want to unwind by watching romantic comedy!! The women wear SO much make-up in this!! I think I saw one shot of Brooke Shields in bed with less make-up on and she looked way better! Also Kim Raver (Nico) had some scenes where she'd obviously been crying a lot so her make-up wasn't as heavy and she looked beautiful too.....When the make-up on actresses such as Brooke Shields or Courtenay Cox in Dirt is caked on and their faces sculpted I just end up staring at their make-up.....well, that said I found the make-up and lighting on Courtnay Cox in Dirt so precise/bizarre that it kinda kept me hypnotised until I began to get into the show for real so......

Anyone else watching this?

I wasn't sure about this programme when I first watched it but I've stuck with it and now that the characters lives are becoming a little more complex I like it and will be following. Victory's contractor is caliente!!! And I read that he's a puerto rican pop star - how funny! I watch a lot of TV and sometimes it's just nice to have a break from the stuff that I love - FBI agents, dead bodies and/or supernatural powers hehehehe.

wow are they cancelling the show?? I'll have to read the thread.......well it would be a shame if so as I'll be the first to say I was dubious about Lipstick Jungle at first but now it's essential viewing for me, there aren't too many shows for 30/40+year olds out there (Private Practise, Brothers + Sisters) and we need 'em because the rules of life have changed since the last generation and we're trying to figure it all out!!!!! I thought the writing on the scene between Joe and Victory sparkled, I just imagined if that same scene and script had been played by Streisand and Redford.....

Thread