Thread
Printable Version

jerky videos

jerky videos

At least for me, many shows on the European server have seemed kind of "jerky" lately, with the video pausing a bit while the audio continues, and then jumping ahead to catch up with the audio. This happens to a lesser extent with the US server. I've also noticed some shows in which the audio track is slightly out of synch with the video, most recently in Star Trek Enterprise series.

Reply 1#1 ragamoffyn's post

Please see this thread: Fix the Bugs - Members Challenge If you take note of which server you're on and exactly where the problems are and report them in that thread you would be helping us out and could earn points just by watching your shows. Check the list first to make sure your complaint hasn't already been reported. Thanks for your cooperation and assistance in advance.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

but...

This happens with pretty much every video, though, and on both servers. Am I to report an issue for each one?

Reply 3#3 ragamoffyn's post

I just watched the first three episode of Enterprise and found no problems whatsoever. If you can give me specific times on specific episodes I could maybe help you more ie if the problem is with the server or your pc.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Quote:
Originally posted by ragamoffyn at 6-29-2008 15:49 At least for me, many shows on the European server have seemed kind of "jerky" lately, with the video pausing a bit while the audio continues, and then jumping ahead to catch up with the audio. This h ...
This happens to me sometimes, too, but I've figured out that it's not the episodes but my computer. Usually, restarting my computer takes care of it... maybe you could give that a try and see if things are better.

i was going to ask this. I have never had any problems with streaming videos when it works and as of yesterday it jerks and its annoying
"Curiosity killed the cat, But for a while I was the suspect"

Reply 6#6 pjheliking's post

Check the speed setting on yopur realplayer. We have a great realplayer help thread, 2 of them actually in the newcomer guidance boards. Do some trouble shooting. I just click the realplayer icon in the bottom right when the window pops up and choose to play in Realplayer mode. This pretty much eliminates most problems.

sometimes the jerkyness happens to me during videos and sometimes it has to do with my computer coz its as slow as a snail. other times when it happens and my computer is working normally, i usually think that it has something to do with too many people accessing a server like when the US server broke down, everyone shifted to the europeon server and i couldnt watch a show without it being jerky and stopping every few minutes with it saying communicating. just hang in there coz in the morning in the uk, the service is super fast and around night, it becomes slower.

Quote:
Originally posted by amh83843 at 6-29-2008 20:55 This happens to me sometimes, too, but I've figured out that it's not the episodes but my computer. Usually, restarting my computer takes care of it... maybe you could give that a try and see if thin ...
whenever i have this problem amh83843's solution always fixes it...and in relation the the enterprise episodes, i have noticed the sync problem also (in the 1st 3 episodes i have watched) , though it only becomes apparent towards the end of the episodes and is only out by about half a second, just small enough for me not to become annoyed, lol.

Thread