Thread
Printable Version

The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season 1-5 General Discussion (Spoilers

The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season 1-5 General Discussion (Spoilers

It sounds very dated and used, but it's summer and it does have Molly Ringwald! I need something that is close to 7th Heaven because I miss shows having the family around the dinner table. I am in need of a family show... What do you guys think? The pilot airs July 1st I believe. Maybe we'll get it on the site soon.

Post comments or concerns regarding the show in this thread.

Grr! Why does media never work in the regular boards, but it does in Site Mgment? Here's the link to the clip: YouTube - The Secret Life of the American Teenager : Trailer [ Last edited by redsoxpatriot30 at 6-29-2008 19:51 ] [ Last edited by gabsimom at 6-30-2008 14:44 ]

It looks like something I'd definitely check out. Plus, I still like Molly Ringwald.

Reply 2#2 redsoxpatriot30's post

It might come under a lot of fire. since the teen prgnancy rate is way up and is being blamed on films like Juno.
I enabled HTMLfor you

Reply #4 gabsimom's post

Thank you very much Tina! You saved the day... I believe that I'm the only one who has these kinds of troubles...is there something I'm doing wrong? Anyways, yeah, it'll probably be under fire by parent watchdog groups and it is a used plot...but who knows? It could become very successful like Juno. That looks like such a good movie.

Here's another trailer...tomorrow's the premiere and if you miss it on TV (if you get ABC Family), they post the episodes on their website the day after...except it may only work if you're in the US...

Reply 6#6 redsoxpatriot30's post

Wow this is really good i download this on Wednesday but ABC Family is kind better network because it's got 3 out 3, first was kyle xy than greek and now this. i know there so many other abc family show but it really become favourite network over the summertime.

I've seen some commercials.  It looks like a good show.  I don't think I'll be watching it though.  I don't have time to pick up a new show until i have fully caught up with all the shows I fell behind on.

so i was surfing imdb as I occasionally do when I am bored and came across this little piece of information...the girl who plays Amy in this show also played the original Kaitlin Cooper on The O.C.  I did not even recognize her!

Reply #8 imarielle626's post

Thank goodness for summer! Currently, I'm taking it slow, but now I've just been bombarded with bad news that is tampering my summer...I should probably post it in the rant thread instead... Good luck catching up on your other shows Arielle...how many do you have to catch up on? I've got AT LEAST 5...Bones, NCIS, House, The Simpsons and I've still got to watch the last episode of Pushing Daisies...

The message is really good, but I am sorry to say the show is bad... I really didn´t like it...

Reply 11#11 alexgirl's post

really ?

really...   poorly written...

Reply 13#13 alexgirl's post

it's a shame

i was really looking forward to this

I'll be watching this tonight or sometime today... I think it fits in with the ABC Family style and am hoping I like it. Sometimes it takes more than a pilot to get hooked onto a show. After I saw the pilot of Criminal Minds, I was so bummed that it was the only CBS procedural I didn't like. But then I started watching it weekly and it became one of the "must see" shows for me of the week. We'll see how the rest of the season plays out...

Reply 15#15 redsoxpatriot30's post

I will give it another shot next week then

Reply 16#16 alexgirl's post

Well you were right it was awful-none of character have any redeeming qualities i mean it awful that state of high school girls in USA. the amount talk about sex was too obvious i mean no-way that much talk would so open.

i can't wait until she tell her parents i feel bad guy that likes her

I love this show and I am waiting for my next fix in the next few minutes (episode 3).

I don´t know why I like it I just do and its way up there in my list of things to watch along with Naruto and Stargate Atlantis.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Reply 18#18 01torres's post

same here i didn't like the first one but second was better and 3rd one i'm going to watch later. i just watch the cleaner an hour ago-i really liked it.

Reply 19#19 bala's post

I will have to check that one out too
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Thread