Thread
Printable Version

The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season 1-5 General Discussion (Spoilers

ABC likes this show so much that after 3 episodes it decided to order 13 more episode for season 1.

This brings the total number of expected episode for season 1 to be 23.

The only catch is that these 13 episode are not likely to be aired tilJanuary (However one of these may be aired just after the 10 episodefinish leaving 12 to air in January), this is because they have bewritten and filmed first think for example how Kyle XY is done wherehalf the episodes are aired and then you have to wait about 6 mountsfor the rest of the season to aired.

For a better brief (Cause my writting skills are nearly nil) on this story follow this link
The pen is mighter than the sword.

okay so I really don't like this show, but there is something about it that keeps me coming back to it each week.  I think the show would be better if they didn't try to make it a public service announcement.  It bothers me how fake it is!  I know it was created to be that family show that opens up questions for parents to talk to their kids about, but high school isn't really like that!  I'm just waiting to see her parents reaction when they find out!

After 4 episodes every body knows except her parents

I really like this show. And all the characters sort of have their own unique personality. And I like that there isn't a snotty, popular girl who messes with everybody. The closest thing to that is Adrian. My favorite character in the show is um... either Ashley, Amy or Grace. I love that Grace is so committed to being a Christian and staying pure.

Reply 24#24 shopgirl3307's post

i actually find that annoying Grace is so committed to being a Christian and staying pure.

yeah at some parts it does get really annoying.

Reply 25#25 bala's post

I agree!  It's like they have to balance the pregnancy out with something so they chose to throw in Grace's character.

okay so there is nothing else to do on a tuesday night so i'm still watching...
***WARNING***  may contain spoilers

1. how does the school's guidance counsel know EVERYTHING???  seriously just not realistic!
2. when Ben proposed I was in shock!  I mean really they pulled that in!?!?!  That just crossed some line!
3. could Amy's life get any worse???
4. the only thing about this show that is remotely like high school is how word travel through school at the speed of light!

I know the point of the show is to raise all the points for parents to talk to their kids about and it does do that, but i feel like they could have do a little better job at making it a bit more realistic

Reply 27#27 imarielle626's post

is this latest episode aired last night?

Reply 28#28 bala's post

yeah it airs tuesday night at 8 EST

Reply 29#29 imarielle626's post

i was shocked as well glad she didn't say yes-practically everyone knows apart mum and dad but i think girl will her dad her daughter pregnant get him out of her mum life.

okay let me see if I caught on to this right...
Amy's father's ex-wife is Grace's mom.  Amy's father is now cheating on his wife with Adrian's mom.
Umm could they connect the characters any more?

at the end they didn't really say who amy father is?

mother said in same situation?

Yeah. and why wouldn't have Amy knew that her mother had her at 16?? She hasn't even figured that out in her 15 years?? That's just really fake.

Reply 33#33 shopgirl3307's post

kids never think about-there self-obsessed with their own problem that to think about it.

Not my kind.

Not my kind of show. Who knows mean people will like it. I't seem that sometimes people do like the mature or risque. kind of stuff. But, this isn't my cup of tea I would really watch the oc.

Episode 9 & 10

does anyone see inconsistency in this episode regarding Adrian dad in ep 9 he tell her he wants nothing to do with her and in last night episode he knocking on her door wanting to be a father-dthat doesn't make any sense i know some part of this show doesn't make sense but it very confusing and now reveal ricky shrink is real father madison?

Reply 36#36 bala's post

I started watching episode 10 and realised i hadn't watched 9 so have now watched the last 2 episodes and you are right a few more twists but i feel sorry for Ben

Reply 37#37 codebreaker's post

Well what can you get beat up but ending on episode 10 was funny with the band

Reply 38#38 bala's post

Yes good ending i think the best so far

Reply 39#39 codebreaker's post

only got 2 more episode until season's finale

Thread