Thread
Printable Version

The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season 1-5 General Discussion (Spoilers

I would think if  a show is a drama and not a comedy a tad bit more realistic situation would be more interesting than being so far out there. But again that's my opinion.

Reply 81#81 writemako's post

maybe it just me but this show does feel like a drama it more like soap ?

The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season 2 General Discussion (Spoilers)

Interesting season premiere i know who is pregnant and who has lost her virginity and a father asking his son for a condom was funny but the sad news is i know who died this has been a busy episode

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-11-2011 17:03 ]

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

They really out done themselves i don't know if grace is ever going forgive herself

I thought that the premiere had too much in it...

Reply 3#3 amh83843's post

I completely agree but i think want everything out of the way in the first episode get on with the show

It was a busy ep but I think they needed to set the tone for the whole season.

I was not surprise with who had lost her virginity.
I was surprised with father asking his son for a condom.
I was surprised with who died and who was pregnant .

I can see Grace holding of on sex for a long time to honour the dead.

Reply 5#5 carlorica's post

He really doesn't much luck on tv show does he the actor that play grace's father ?

What's Done Is Done

i did find it funny Amy refuse ben to look after her baby

Yeah that was funny. It is also nice to see she is also starting to realize that she does not have to totally isolate him.

Reply 7#7 bala's post

Ben getting wet by John and when Kathleen started to laugh at Anne being pregnant was also funny even when she was supposed to be sad

Episode 3 Par for the Course

Nice work by Ricky to get Grace out of the car for the funeral service

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Wow Amy was in a foul mood but Adrian slapping Ricky and Ben was funny   . i liked the discussion Ben father had with Ben .Grace really snap out of it she a teenager she should know her father dead with sad but she didn't cause it. The priest did make some good points but it felt like a  lecture ?

how many times did the line 'god is punishing me' was said  ?

talk about ramming it down our throats

god had nothing to do with situation the character are in

Rick has his moments

Reply 11#11 bala's post

I have to agree with you on all points but one.

You see when a person is a christian they have this desire to trust and believe in God. If you do something wrong and something bad happens then you feel that God is punishing you for what you did wrong. That is just the way some people think.

I am a christian and know that is I do something wrong and something happens to someone I care alot about it is not necessarily God punishing me but testing me to see how much I care for him.

Anyway enough about religion... I am wondering if Ricky may use this to become better friends with Grace or even become Grace's girl friend???

I also liked the speech Amy's dad had with Ben.

I am still wondering if Amy's mother's baby may be her fathers and not the other guy's??

This is turning out to be a really good season.

Reply 12#12 carlorica's post

Well i just find whole thing a bit amusing i myself come from a religious family but i don't believe in god as much as my family does obvious good thing happen we thank god and bad happens which accept that it's part of life not that god is punishing us but take it part life. i wouldn't have a problem if that line was said once or twice in the episode  but to keep repeating line god is punishing so many time you just want to shoot somebody. you don't repeat points again and again in same episode that what really frustrated me because previous it wasn't as bad as it was in this episode.

Grace and Ricky will always be friend but aidrana that cause problem she really need have some control over herself as a teenager. we all know how smart she is in the first season.

I think Amy father had a vasectomy that why he can't be father according to him

Reply 13#13 bala's post

Yeah he says he did but there is still that doubt that he may not have had it.

Reply 14#14 carlorica's post

Reply 15#15 bala's post

That was awesome and kind of gives us a little insight into the season. Thanks for the info!!

Well Ben going Italy might be good idea but what the hell is Amy thinking leaving baby with her mother-talk about being self-fish

Reply 17#17 bala's post

I have to agree with you there and I also have to shake my head at the ex husband not telling his ex wife that he did not have a vasectomy.

Thread