Thread
Printable Version

The Secret Life of the American Teenager Season 1-5 General Discussion (Spoilers

What's Done Is Done

i did find it funny Amy refuse ben to look after her baby

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Wow Amy was in a foul mood but Adrian slapping Ricky and Ben was funny   . i liked the discussion Ben father had with Ben .Grace really snap out of it she a teenager she should know her father dead with sad but she didn't cause it. The priest did make some good points but it felt like a  lecture ?

how many times did the line 'god is punishing me' was said  ?

talk about ramming it down our throats

god had nothing to do with situation the character are in

Rick has his moments

Reply 12#12 carlorica's post

Well i just find whole thing a bit amusing i myself come from a religious family but i don't believe in god as much as my family does obvious good thing happen we thank god and bad happens which accept that it's part of life not that god is punishing us but take it part life. i wouldn't have a problem if that line was said once or twice in the episode  but to keep repeating line god is punishing so many time you just want to shoot somebody. you don't repeat points again and again in same episode that what really frustrated me because previous it wasn't as bad as it was in this episode.

Grace and Ricky will always be friend but aidrana that cause problem she really need have some control over herself as a teenager. we all know how smart she is in the first season.

I think Amy father had a vasectomy that why he can't be father according to him

Reply 14#14 carlorica's post

Well Ben going Italy might be good idea but what the hell is Amy thinking leaving baby with her mother-talk about being self-fish

Reply 18#18 carlorica's post

Well yes he really should tell her before she makes mistake marrying that other guy

Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

this show just gets crazier and crazy

The Summer of Our Discontent

What a great episode a few surprises but what a clif-hanger  at the end   i hope ben doesn't do anything stupid during the summer

Reply 23#23 carlorica's post

We know nothing happen but he doesn't

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

This was a crazy compact episode, ,  Ashley  made a new friend on her first day. it's been ages since my first day of high school. John has really grow up   .

i love line: you relied on a calendar for birth-control   -that classic

Now who going get caught cheating -place your bets?

[ Last edited by bala at 8-5-2009 19:03 ]

Reply 28#28 codebreaker's post

The whole debate what going happen Amy parent seem dominated the whole episode  and it was just funny but your right baby

Reply 30#30 carlorica's post

is it just me or does the writers seem like making all character argue with each other- Ashley seem only normal character on this show-everyone else is messed up.

Hot Nuts

Great episode Amy and Adiena argue was really good

Reply 33#33 codebreaker's post

Yes she did look like Amy start act like a mother

knocked up, who's there

Wow what an episode , Ben seem found another girl who happens to be pregnant (Heather ) Ben has a good heart but Amy needs to trust him otherwise their relationship is doomed but she seem insecure I'm glad Ben called her out on that , i liked how he came to her and told her that he went out with her as a friend, but what Amy did at the end giving heather support she needed is what she needed  Ben as an excuse for her to ask amy for help and she was smart how it played out.

Guild Dog - That's was funny

Ricky tell Adian about not marrying either her or Amy was interesting he was honest about that which i respected But Adrian revelation that she wants s*x with guys who have the potential to be husband was another great revelation but what message is it trying to tell us?. it's ok to have intercourse if your looking for a husband ?

Reply 36#36 codebreaker's post

Why do i suspect she cause trouble between them ?

just what we need another love-triangle

cramped

This was very intense episode ricky i really felt bad when he was trying help out ashley but than what he almost Adrian was scary i mean he really is mess up teenager with a lot issues and she seem only one he can trust   . I'm glad she realised how damaged he really is.

ben got some explaining to do

Be My, Be My Baby

Wow John pointing at Adrian when Amy ask him who his mummy is . the look on her face said it all . Amy father is really funny giving advice to 3 guys . i liked the fact jack asked that guy about grace period i didn't know the fact he told him about a women period.who says you can't learn anything on TV..

Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

Well yeah thanks to the dog but ending 'who baby are you ' -George really is funny

Reply 43#43 codebreaker's post

There is something about this show that make it so watchable i mean we haven't seen a new episode for almost 5 months but this episode reminds us why we watch it, it's not teen comedy or drama but the situation these kids get up to are extremely funny how often could you watch a show about teens talking oral simulation so openly with each other. however Gracie mother suggestion was funny . what kind of mother tell her daughter do that if she doesn't want a boyfriend

i did find really refreshing that this has been the only episode where they didn't focus on AMY , all the secondary character got to shine in this episode.

The councillor was funny i mean how  she defending dancing with a student was funny but even more amusing she didn't care when they found out the transgression. You would think she would been embarrassed about it but she took it like it's was no a big thing.   

Questions
1) What's ben going to do ?
2) How's Amy going react finding ben Italian companion is visiting him
3) Do you think Ricky going to get some sort legal agreement for his baby

Thread