Thread
Printable Version

True Blood - Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

True Blood - Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discuss Anything About Seasons 1-3 Here

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-4-2015 12:09 ]

Reply #1 gabsimom's post

Well, if it wasn't TV-MA, had no people vigorously having sex and had not as much violence, then I might consider watching it . Thanks to you, I'm off any pay cable shows (which was only Weeds and Sex and the City)... I think for adults though it could be a fun show...minus vampires killing people .

Reply 1#1 gabsimom's post

ahhhh yeahhhh.that lokes awsome.cant wait to see it

Reply 3#3 gyki98's post

I thought of you when I watched the clip.  I even said to myself Gyki98 is sure to like this.

I am glad to hear you have again swore off Naughty tv. I am very proud of you.

another vampire show?! when will they learn? what is more interesting is all the hype generated by people trying to get their hands on a case of tru:blood (although the website is pretty cool and funny considering) tru:blood, suck it up!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Reply #5 sddvasquez's post

Even though I won't watch the show, the promotion for it has been really cool...I've seen posters at least somewhere online and they've intrigued me. They're even promotion true blood...as in actual blood...right? Even though they're not selling it, of course . I do remember seeing a poster in EW on the AVL or something...and I thought it was for real seeing that I couldn't even find in really tiny print "HBO Copyright 2008" or something. I showed it to my dad and he thought it was bizarre also, but seeing that it was just for promotional purposes, I seem stupid now ... Enjoy the show gyki!

It's by the creator of one of my top 10 favorite series and one of my top 10 favorite movies (American Beauty) so naturally I must check it out.

Hopefully it's placed on here as I don't have HBO...

Reply 1#1 gabsimom's post

This show (rather first episode) i watched 2 months ago it was worst show i have ever seen

Charlaine Harris writes a series that seems to be where this show came from. The Sotuher Vampire series. Of course her books are not that violent and more funny. But its main character is a waitress who can hear thoughts in Louisiana who starts dating a vampire. In fact, IIRC, the synthetic blood the vampires drink is called TruBlood. Um yeah so I think that's what this show is based on. Strange, I hadn't heard of it.

[ Last edited by silver1978 at 8-7-2008 07:09 ]
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

I'm all for new vampire series.. the sad fact that they usually don't last that long (cancellation )means we need more of them so i'm not rewatching the same thing all the time.  i'm hoping the site picks trublood, as well as the dollhouse (yah Joss Whedon creator of 2 major vamp hits)

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Bala that was a working episode. It has since been rewritten and some characters have been recast.

Reply 11#11 gabsimom's post

i wasn't impressed so i going give it a miss

You were not suppose to be impressed. Have you ever seen a movie done by two different directors and writers and one movie is crap and the other is amazing. They are telling the same stoy but when the unfinished pilot leaked they listened to critics and reworked the series.

Can you imagine if you were to go on a blind date Friday but somehow she ran into you on Wednesday in your worse clothes before your hair cut and you had a cold and just come from the dentist . Friday comes and she doesn't bother showing up because of what she saw.

Reply 13#13 gabsimom's post

Well that's the thing if it wasn't ready they shouldn't of shown it.

i don't know i might give it a shot but with amount of new shows that start next month i have say no to some.

Reply 14#14 bala's post

I agree alot of new interesting shows are starting soon plus all our old favs. I have been stopping myself from watching any leaked pilots or 1st episodes if I get the channel on tv so I can be more excited and actually watch TV.

Reply 15#15 gabsimom's post

the hardest thing to realise 20% of the new show are going canned so wait 1 year to see which ones get renewed.

But Bala waiting a whole year is torcher   and when i have missed a new show and end up watching it on the site i forget to double check if it was re-newed for a second season and end up really enjoying the show only to be left hanging .

note to self: should have become one of those muckie mucks who get to decide if new programs will get picked up again.

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

Reply 17#17 kwargalla's post

You know i'm always on-line some time so you know i would know something about it.

my policy: enjoy every show because you never knows what's going happen to them

Reading the above post got me intrigued so i tracked down a copy of the so called pilot i was surprised at the start but by the end i think i will watch the next episode

Reply 19#19 codebreaker's post

I looked up the show online after I posted here and found that it is indeed based on Charlaine Harris Souther Vampire Series. IF the show is anywhere near as good as the books, I will definitely be watching.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Thread