Thread
Printable Version

True Blood - Season 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 20#20 silver1978's post

I want to read the books now too. I think the show is loosely based though. From what I understand the creator of the show said he came up with his own Vamp Myth.

Sounds cool.

Sounds cool anyway. I like vampire type tv shows. Has anyone watched bloodlines and moonlight and are they any good?

Blood ties IMO was really bad. I did like Moonlight though. Blade the series was awesome but was cancelled after 1 season. Fingers crossed that this will be long running series and not staked after 1 or 2 seasons.

Reply 23#23 gabsimom's post

I liked Blood Ties, but really only because Henry was super hot
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 22#22 silvermage2000's post

blood ties was on freakin lifetime.lifetime.........the worst channel ever

Quote:
Originally posted by gyki98 at 8-13-2008 12:37  
blood ties was on freakin lifetime.lifetime.........the worst channel ever
Which is what probably ended up killing the show, but also why it had a really hot guy in it
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 24#24 silver1978's post

I agree Henry was hot and I did watch it for him. But I thought the writing was bad  and most of the acting. with the exeption of Henry of course.

That was quite a beating Sookie got but with the help of the vampire blood she healed quickly hence the title of this episode

i watched the first ep and i dont like this show.the charecters are too horny

Reply 29#29 gyki98's post

I have seen the first couple episodes and I am not sure what to think. They got the characters down pretty well overall, but the tone of the show- I am not sure about. The books are much more in-line with a comedic overtone- this is looking much more NC-17 at the very least.
E. E. Cummings

Quote:
Originally posted by gyki98 at 9-15-2008 10:57  
i watched the first ep and i dont like this show.the charecters are too horny
man the opening talk about Horny ,she was bored so decided play while he was driving , i'm surprised he could drive ;P

Reply 31#31 bala's post

the sex with a vampire think was just somethink retarded.

Reply 32#32 gyki98's post

it messed up and brutal

Quote:
Originally posted by gabsimom at 8-7-2008 14:08  
Bala that was a working episode. It has since been rewritten and some characters have been recast.
i watched the second episode your right it a lot better than the first episode but it still a bit too much in place

episode 3

Seriously was written by horny teenager?

Reply 35#35 bala's post

It really goes along with the books Bala, but is more graphic on screen I think.

I like the show- it's just another one like Weeds I can't watch until my sons asleep.
E. E. Cummings

Reply 36#36 silver1978's post

i can't really enjoy the show

nothing keep me interesting-it's rather graphic

Reply 37#37 bala's post

I just minimize the screen until the bad parts are over.

Reply 38#38 gabsimom's post

Some of bit are crude in place-no taste

The thing I like about the show and the books, is they don't glamorize the whole vampire thing.
E. E. Cummings

Thread