Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Robin Hood failed to reach the dizzy heights achieved by Doctor Who in the Saturday evening slot, but that hasn't stopped the BBC from rehashing another legendary tale. Hopes are certainly high for the 13-part Merlin, which revolves around the magical adventures and friendship between the eponymous young wizard (Colin Morgan) and the arrogant Prince Arthur (Bradley James).An impressive supporting cast includes Anthony Head, John Hurt, Richard Wilson and Michelle Ryan, plus the CGI comes from the same team responsible for Doctor Who - The Mill. Can Merlin possibly accomplish that rare feat of blending lavish spectacle along with an involving storyline? The answer is imminent, but the omens are good as mainstream US broadcaster NBC has bought the series to air in a peak timeslot - a move almost unheard of for British shows.http://link.brightcove.com/servi ... 074/bctid1760440507

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 10-22-2010 09:21 ]

good cast shame cant say the same by the looks of the show

I am excited about this new show.

Reply 1#1 bala's post

When does it air Bala & what time slot?

Reply 4#4 shinny's post

Details have not been released but it look like october/november

Reply 5#5 bala's post

Ok, thanks

October or November would be lucky...Merlin is set to premiere midseason 2009. However, if something underperforms at NBC this fall, it could get an early shot. This would be something I'd have to watch the pilot for...I'm on the edge...there's another period series on the same night on NBC...something about kings...I think.

Reply 7#7 redsoxpatriot30's post

That's on NBC though Red who have bought the rights to air it in the US from BBC. But it will air on BBC first, probably Oct/Nov as Bala said.

Reply #8 shinny's post

Whoops...sorry. I forgot that NBC had bought the rights to the show... False alarm.

Reply 9#9 redsoxpatriot30's post

Lol, no problem

I like the sound of this - it seems like my kind of show - but I have this funny feeling that it's going to end up being disappointing.
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply 11#11 meljones_83's post

I get that feeling too Mel. I think the character playing Merlin is quite weak

Date has been annouced

Merlin begins Saturday, September 20 on BBC One.

no time given probably be after 7pm

if it on a saturday on bbc it will probably start at 7 pm lol if not just before. its the doctor who time slot
hard work never killed anyone... but why take the risk.

Reply 14#14 angel-87's post

yep i'm guessing after 12 episode robin hood is going start

i thought i heard that robin hood was cancelled. it was not getting the ratings doctor who brought in. but i could be way off lol.

Reply 16#16 angel-87's post

there are filming 3 season as we speak

oh right nevermind then. must have been something else that i heard they were cancelling. lol

Reply 18#18 angel-87's post

a lot show get cancelled every year it's easy to be confused

They should have cancelled Robin Hood - I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the show but they ruined the whole thing for me at the end of the last season. Shame as I loved the show.
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Thread