Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

5x07 A Lesson in Vengeance

What a dilemma for Tyr, if he talked he risks his mothers life and if he don't Arthur will have him hanged but Morgana killing him before he talked was predictable and then setting Merlin up as the one responsible was crafty

5x08 The Hollow Queen

Daegal coming back to save Merlin was great but with him dying after telling him he only seen Morgana and the Queen once together confirmed his suspicions about Gwen

5x09 With All My Heart

Arthur agreeing to the sorcerers help was one thing but as an old lady was amusing and Merlin and Arthur falling of the cliff were lucky that the Knight followed them

Reply 24#24 codebreaker's post

Yes there were lucky but how many times can Merlin do this ?

Reply 25#25 bala's post

Four more now it's cancelled

Reply 26#26 codebreaker's post

Yeah but i really hope they end the series with Arthur finding out about Merlin powers

Reply 27#27 bala's post

I wonder if they knew this was the final season before filming

5x10 The Kindness of Strangers

Merlin was right to trust Finna as she sacrificed herself to help him escape Morgana

5x11 The Drawing of the Dark

I had a feeling Mordred would reveal Merlin's true identity after he failed to save Kara's life

Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

Yes but he knew the consequences and now it's going to be interesting next episode

The Diamond of the Day:

What a series finale watched final episode tonight and it was an interesting ending. It strange to see how hard Merlin tried keep Arthur alive after he got stabbed by Morid sword. I am still dealing with how they left open ended  

5x12 The Diamond of the Day Part One

Merlin taking Arthur's money gambling was amusing but waking up in the morning without his magic was going to make saving Arthur a lot harder and Eira being the only survivor was a little convenient and had to be working for Morgana, Merlin getting his magic back in time to warn Arthur through his dreams was a good end to part one

5x13 The Diamond Of The Day Part Two

Merlin and the Dragon coming to Arthur's aid was good start to the final episode but Arthur's reaction to Merlin being a sorcerer should of been predictable but the comical banter between them both was amusing

Reply 32#32 bala's post

I found it both a wonderful and saddening series finale.  The open endedness didn't both me so much as Gueniviere on the throne with no children for succession.  I do wonder if Merlin ever went back to Camelot?  Would he be able to handle it.

I'm so sorry to see Merlin go.  Bitter sweet.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Thread