Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

info on next 2 episodes

Quote:
Will Mellor (he of the interminable Two Pints) guest stars as Knight Valiant, who comes to Camelot to compete in the yearly sword-fighting tournament traditionally won by Arthur. But Valiant is hiding a secret weapon - a magical shield equipped with spitting snakes.

In truth, this episode follows pretty much the same formula as the first: a dastardly visitor ingratiates themselves with the King, only for Merlin to discover their true motives and be forced into exposing them.

It's episode three where things really start to heat up, though, as Michelle Ryan (she of the most definitely terminable Bionic Woman) makes her first guest appearance as the wicked sorceress Nimueh. She's the "big bad" of this season, if you will, and plays a large part in driving the overall mythology of the show.

Merlin airs Saturday at 6pm on BBC One.

I finally got round to watching this and I quite liked it. It certainly has potential and I'm interested to see where they go with it. I didn't think it was amazing though. I wouldn't lose any sleep not knowing what happened if I missed an episode, whereas with some shows I panic if I miss one and try desperately to find somewhere to watch it. (Which is how I ended up here in the first place funnily enough!)
Maybe that will change as Merlin progresses but if not, it's still well worth a watch.
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply 42#42 meljones_83's post

I like the whole Merlin does not actually like Arthur yet storyline but im sure in most stories merlin is considerably older than King Arthur. Good effects though for a BBC production

Reply 43#43 casper27's post

that a good point how merlin looks younger than arthur?

Reply 44#44 bala's post

Maybe he gets a very hard paper round in the future

Maybe they just age differently, I mean magic can reak havoc on the skin and prematurely grays you. Just look at the poor old mother in the 1st episode.

Reply 46#46 gabsimom's post

you full of answer-have you seen fantastic Atlantis episode ?

Not yet, I am up getting ready for Yard Sales. I am leaving right now. It is 7am here.

Episode 2

Well this another great episode right up to how merlin was show valiant snake shield-this really kept me guessing how reveal it

I didn't like this episode as much as the first. I'm still not sold on the show but I'll watch again next week!
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

Reply 50#50 meljones_83's post

You know ou will end up watching the whole thing.   I like the show it really is an interesting twist on the story of King Arthur and Merlin.

Reply 51#51 gabsimom's post

I'm kind of surprised this got added so quickly

Episode 1

I found myself strangly engadged on it, not because it's a masterpiece, but because it's fun, light, and never takes itself too serious. Generally i liked all the characters, and though this is only the first episode, Arthur is maybe my least favorite so far.

bionic woman is back

Preview of next episode

I liked the show.  I thought it was very enjoyable.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

The Mark of Nimueh

when will eps 3 of merlin be up they have ep 1 and 2 up on tv video

hwst4

Reply 57#57 hwst4's post

That episode only aired tonight (in fact I just watched it) so tomorrow is the earliest date.

If you need to find out any more episode just take a look at my weekly post dating all the episode that should be uploaded for the week. (I will be posting a new post for next week in about 12 hours)
The pen is mighter than the sword.

thank you

i tired watching it on the bbc web site but it will not let me

Reply 59#59 hwst4's post

Aye, the Iplayer only works for people located in the UK.

It is like Hulu, ABC, Fox and many others that only allow US (and Canada I think) viewers to watch the episodes on their sites.
The pen is mighter than the sword.

Thread