Thread
Printable Version

Merlin Season 1-5 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

next week episode look quite good

yes it dose i can not wait i am so hooked merlin is kinda sexy for an English actor

Quote:
Originally posted by hwst4 at 10-6-2008 09:04  
merlin is kinda sexy for an English actor
For and an English actor??? What's wrong with English men?

For an english actor,hwst4 loads of english actors are sexy! I love the show.The action and special effects are awesome,the humour keeps the show light and i see something between Gwen and merlin.

Reply 64#64 superhero's post

i can't wait for tonight episode

Episode 4

Good episode Arthur is really growing on me

Episode 5

Good episode not exciting as the last two but good introduction to Lancelot it will be interesting if we will see him again. Arthur is very good fighter

Reply 67#67 bala's post

I disagree - ep5 is the one that got me all the way on board with the show.  i found the "new twist" to be interesting but was not excited about it until ep5.  Having read "the mists of avalon" by marion zimmer bradley, I was disappointed at the lack of depth to the female characters; I'm also VERY confused that morgana isn't a magic user.  granted I'm not well-versed in arthurian lore, but I've never heard of her not being associated with magic.  

the reason I like this show is the exploration of interpersonal relationships, esp. those between merlin and arthur, and gwen and everybody.  that's prolly why ep5 sealed my interest - that aspect finally started to get complex.  one thing that makes this show engaging is we know abstractly how things turn out, so one of the show's drawing points for me is seeing how it'll get there.  how does the whole banishment-of-magic thing affect merlin's future?  how does the show get from gwen+merlin (kinda sorta maybe) to arthur+gwen+lancelot, esp since she's a handmaiden, not a noble?  when's uther gonna die, and how?  and what *is* morgana's backstory?  how much of the arthurian legend will the show try to cover - will they get to galahad?  how are they gonna fit so much story into just 8 more episodes, as I'm under the impression there will only be 13 eps total (am I wrong)?

Reply 68#68 Mercuriel1's post

I think this mini series is a test to see if it viable as a regular series. We most likely won't see Uther die. This is a story about before they became legends. As far as Morgana she is suppose to marry Arthur and perhaps later when she dables with magic it will change her into the Morgana we know and she will play the woman scorned role. What happen to the witch in the 1st episode spell  book. I always thought Morgana took it?

Reply 68#68 Mercuriel1's post

yes but i wasn't impressed of course we know how it ends but we have no idea how it starts but i really don't like actor he look too young to play merlin IMO.

Episode 6

Wow this has got to be my favourite episode was Guyus walking away when he knew that guy was evil for sake of Merlin. i love drama in this episode. Must-see episode.

preview

Episode 7

Wow this is another great episode i really enjoyed it.

why is it every attractive woman on the show wants kill Arthur .

Behind the Scenes at Merlin

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercuriel1 at 10-20-2008 23:23  [url=http://www.friendvista.com/forum/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=92586&ptid=7759]I'm also VERY confused that morgana isn't a magic user.  granted I'm not well-versed in arthurian lore, but I've never heard of her not being associated with magic.
The newer episodes we start to see Morgana become more associated with the magic.

Does anyone know how many episodes this is supposed to have? I am really enjoying it (which surprises me!)
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply 75#75 silver1978's post

13 episodes

we only 5 more left

Episode 8 was cool i love that this show is full of difficult intresting and controversional decisions but i was routing for the bad guy when him and the king were fighting. Its awesome that were finding out more about Uthers mysterious past however i think he is totally out of line cause She said she didnt know what was gonna happen and that they were friends.Why has she suddenly popped up now though?She was right about Uther  though I cant believe he said that he wished that Arthur was never born, that was cold.

Reply 77#77 superhero's post

it was great episode she gave him an heir and his wife died. the balance between life and death but I'm annoyed at merlin the dragon warn him that Arthur was the only use the sword but uthur did there were no consequence?, there should been some consequence of that action and merlin throw the sword into lake was just too easy

Reply 78#78 bala's post

What exactly was Merlin to do when Uther wanted to use the sword that he said was fit for a king? He is a mere servant, he had no idea that the king would be the one walking into the armory, or I am sure he would have hid the sword out of sight.

As far as a punishment, the dragon was mostly disappointed that Uther was not killed, and Arthur was ruling with the user of the sword. The fact that it is in the lake, only keeps it safe until the day comes that Arthur needs to wield Excalibur.
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply 79#79 dognxtdoor's post

i really don't know but merlin if you watch throughout the season is a good liar and he lied to Uther many times to protect Arthur so i don't see why he couldn't lie to him and say there something wrong with the sword.

Thread