Thread
Printable Version

Fringe Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 100#100 gabsimom's post

Well i wonder if peter will ever find out?

It also explains why Walter lost his mind. It may be a side effect.

Also the next season looks awesome. Can't wait until the fall

Reply 102#102 carlorica's post

is there a preview of second season

must go and find out

Reply 103#103 bala's post

Yeah at the end of the Ep it shows what is coming next season.

Reply 104#104 carlorica's post

oh i didn't see it

Episode 1: Pilot

Great episode, the start of this episode was sort of freaky and a bit creepy and also one of the best opening to a pilot episode ever, but after that it was nothing but pure excitement, Walter was brilliant, I liked how Peter and Olivia worked together but I loved the part when Olivia talked a reluctant Peter into seeing his father Walter who is in a nut house,  The ending of this episode was my favourite moment, John Noble as the supposedly crazy Walter Bishop who has been away in an asylum for seventeen years especially did a good job, I think this show has potential,  

Episode 2: The Same Old Story

Great second episode, the reaction on the doctors and nurses faces after Loraine gave birth was fantastic to see and I for one would have been freaked as hell if I had ever seen that happen, the strange pattern case was brilliant and also very disturbing, the ending with Walter and Peter trying to sleep was great but I also loved it when they captured the last images one of the victims saw before she died. Walter consistently delivers hilarious lines and brings some level of comedy to a show that's heavily dominated by science fiction, the whole serial killer to get glands was disturbing.

Episode 3: The Ghost Network

This was the best episode of the Fringe so far, Walter was my favourite character in this episode as I find him to be the most interesting, The chick fight between Olivia and the supposedly dead girl was really cool and was a nice touch. I am really beginning to love the interaction and dynamics between Walter and Peter, as most of the scenes they have together are funny, The overall storyline developments were great, obviously the cliffhanger especially was the best part and I can't wait to see how it unfolds in the next episode.

Episode 4: The Arrival

This was even better than the last episode of Fringe, Once again Walter was absolutely brilliant to watch and the scenes between him and Peter were fantastic to watch. This episode was so good because of the little speckles of humour to the unbelievable shoot-outs and weird things that were happenings, The bald man was a very interesting add to the show and also quite mysterious too, this show is getting better and better as each episode goes by. The last few minutes of this episode were brilliant to watch, I would say this answered some of the questions from the last episode.

Episode 5: Power Hungry

This was a very good and interesting episode but it was not as good as the last episode, the case in this episode was a strange one, Walter and Peter continue to work well together even if they do seem like completely different people, I don't know if I should feel sorry or be afraid of the man causing these incidents, It is getting freaky with Olivia seeing John, this episode did have quite a bit of character development if you ask me, overall a good episode with some good moments.

Episode 6: The Cure

This was a better episode than the last one, There is a great scene with Nina Sharp and Peter which, adds more mystery to the show, I liked the little bit of Olivia character development in this episode, this episode had much more excitement than the last episode, I really like the Walter experiments and also like it when every time Peter leaves Walter asks him to bring something back, Olivia really didn't want anyone to know it was her birthday, overall a great episode with many good moments.

Episode 7: In Which We Meet Mr. Jones

This was another great episode, the case in this episode was hard to follow at times,  the scenes yet again with Walter and Peter was quite brilliant to watch and I loved it when Walter suggested that Peter had found his true calling, that true calling for Peter would be working along side Walter, I liked the fact Broyles was more involved in this episode, the little side story with Olivia and a ex flame Lucas was good as it gave us a some background info on Olivia, Astrid is getting more important to the show, my favourite part is Olivia talking to David Robert Jones and getting the answer right while Walter does his experiment on Peter. The ending of this episode was brilliant.

Episode 8: The Equation

This was probably the best episode of the season so far but it was also very strange, Charlie Tahan did a fantastic job of playing Ben Stockton, Peter is starting to become more helpful in cases than he was at the start of the season which is a big character development, I found Dr. Summer to be very irritating, the talks Walter had with Dashiell was great to watch, Walter without knowing it got the answers Olivia needed,  the last five minutes of this episode were the best part, Dr. Summer in my opinion was really  full of himself and was good to see the evil Mitchell Loeb again.

Episode 9: The Dreamscape

This was a very good episode, the start of this episode with that guy dying after being attacked by butterflies was insane, the whole Olivia thinking she keeps seeing John is a good continuing storyline, Olivia going back into the sensory deprivation tank was brilliant to watch, we seem to get a little bit of information every so often about Peter's past, Peter beating up that guy was great, the huge reveal in this episode about Massive Dynamic possibly being responsible for the pattern was a brilliant part of this episode, this episode has built up the remaining season very nicely.

Episode 10: Safe  

This was a great episode, the case in this episode was just brilliant, I had many favourite parts including Olivia being kidnapped and the return of Mr Jones who I guess is going to be a villain from now on since he is no longer in prison, Peter and Walter are great on screen together, the whole thing with Olivia remembering John's memory's is good the only bad thing is Massive Dynamic know she has John's memory's, I loved the fact the safety deposits belonged to Walter, Peter was great getting the information out of the suspect, best ending to a episode so far.

Episode 11: Bound   

This was a great episode and did a great job of finishing this 2 part storyline, yet again I enjoyed watching Walter in this episode as he said and did some funny things, I liked how Olivia escaped from her kidnappers, I do not like Harris, that thing coming out of the teachers mouth was disgusting, Mitchel killing Dr. Simon in FBI HQ and kidnapping Olivia was great, I loved how we got to meet Olivia's sister in this episode, I was kind of shocked that Mitchel and Samantha were involved in what was happening in this episode, the ending dozen minutes of this episode were really good.

Episode 12: The No-Brainer

This was a great episode, I liked this case as I found it different from all the previous cases, Brian killing people using an advanced computer program was good and quite freaky, Peter's interaction with Rachel and Ella was good, Walter was great in his small role, Peter protecting Walter from a possible bad situation was good, I wish Agent Harris would just go away and stop getting in peoples way, another part I liked was the conversations Peter and Olivia had, Broyles won me over in this episode, I loved the 3 endings with Walter and Jessica, Olivia and Rachel and Peter and Olivia.

Episode 13: The Transformation

This was a great episode, the start of this episode was crazy and weird and what is it with weird things happening on planes, Walter and the strange facts he knows are good to listen too and quite funny at times, my favourite part of this episode was when Olivia went into John's mind not once but twice during this episode, I am glad that the John Scott angel of this show is over and now Olivia can more on, the part with Olivia and Peter at the meeting was very good.

Episode 14: Ability

This was a very good episode, I liked the start of this episode as it showed us how Mr Jones got out of prison, Mr Jones does half know how to play mind games which I kind of liked in this episode and yet again Mr Harris gets in the way of Olivia doing her job, the mini adventure that Olivia sort of had to go on was great and interesting to watch, the major shock in this episode was finding out Olivia  has some sort of special ability and we found that out when Olivia disarmed the bomb that Mr Jones had planted.

Episode 15: Inner Child

This was a very good episode, I found the main story surrounding about a boy being found underground alive after 70 years was very interesting, I liked the connection Olivia had with the boy, Walter seems to always do and say something that is funny, I was glad that Mr Harris was not in this episode as he was becoming quite annoying, I liked this episode as the killings that were happening had nothing to do with Fringe Science, It seems to me that Broyles is becoming more involved in the cases, this bald guy that keeps appearing is good.

Thread